Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No respect! (Yeah, let's get it started for 2018 already)

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orleans-sa...114054795/

Jags somewhere middle of the pack with 20/1 odds to make next years Superbowl.

The squealers we owned this year, have 8/1 odds.
THE FRICKIN COWBOYS are getting better odds at 18/1
as are the 'Hawks.

Get that fire brewing early.
Duval VS All Ya'll v2.0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:37 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

I always thought the Jags had overachieved last year due to several circumstances including:

1. Weak division, mostly caused by injuries
2. Weak schedule overall
3. A little luck

Our schedule is exponentially harder next year, and we need to get better. Just being a realist. I would rank us middle of the pack in SB odds too.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 11:40 AM by Caldrac.)

It's kind of fair. We went 10 - 6 during an easy year. This year's schedule coming up is no walk in the park. And you'll have some major story lines in our division. Luck returning with Josh McDaniels. Watson returning from his ACL after what looked to be at the time one hell of a rookie season run. And now you have Vrabel, another member of the Belichick/O'Brian tree trying to cut his teeth with the ticky tacks in tennessee.

If they manage to go 10 - 6 this year and make it all the way it'll be even more impressive feat and season. But I think Vegas bases it's odds mostly on who the QB is. Can Bortles replicate or improve on 2017 in 2018? That's the key question. Will he even be our starting QB in eight months?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We should be outraged.

Harrumph
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I didn't actually expect us to be favored for anything.
Some people aren't even giving us the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the AFCS (clots back with Luck, Vrabel changing the culture for the tacks, Watson back from ACL)

Just trying to post something that will offer a break from the awful refs, will he or wont he return, threads lol

Luck still sucks.

Even Vegas knows about the refs.

Honestly if you do Blake Bortles 2.0 then last year was his rookie year and it seems that is the way the coaching staff treated him. Up to him and the front office to figure it out. We are middle of the pack until we can have success with the first place schedule.

Challenge accepted
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I appreciate the emotion but let's be real. We over achieved.

Arob was gone after the first catch of the year.
Hurns was in and out of the lineup
Lee was in and out
Fournette missed a few games
Lewis somehow miraculously beat the Ravens himself with 3 TDs

Campbell had the season of his life. He may have peaked last year. Just saying. Maybe he did, maybe he didnt.

Grant and those fake punts was game changing.
Bouye came away with some "lucky bounce" ints.

Bortles didn't have the pick 6 fever.
We found Lambo off the scrap heap and he kicked us to a victory against the Chargers.

On the other hand our defense was surprisingly great. Elite as a matter of fact. And that is what kept us in ball games.

It was a typical over achieving season. We beat Buffalo by 4 points. And the Steelers almost got us in the Divisional round.

We got blown out against Jimmy Gorappolo and the 9ers. So....yeah

(01-24-2018, 09:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I appreciate the emotion but let's be real. We over achieved.

Arob was gone after the first catch of the year.
Hurns was in and out of the lineup
Lee was in and out
Fournette missed a few games
Lewis somehow miraculously beat the Ravens himself with 3 TDs

Not to start an argument.... But, when Tom Coughlin was announced he said we should adopt the term "grit"... The first three examples you listed above are prime examples of "grit"... We won in those situations in spite of injuries. As for the last example... Did Lewis throw the ball to himself?
Signature goes here.

I love how odds are made regardless of a few things:

The season not officially being over.
Draft.
Jaguars Roster transactions.
Other teams' roster transactions.

I think I'll pay more attention to favourites around September, personally.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-25-2018, 08:33 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I love how odds are made regardless of a few things:

The season not officially being over.
Draft.
Jaguars Roster transactions.
Other teams' roster transactions.

I think I'll pay more attention to favourites around September, personally.

And Luck (who won’t have played football for nearly 20 months and isn’t officially healthy now?) will be back to being Luck. And Deshaun will be his record setting self (forget his sky high INT%) despite his 2nd torn ACL and likely missed offseason activities. 

Even if we come back with Blake at QB, I think it’s reasonable to say we can expect improvement from him with ARob back, probably a TE weapon, and fresh Leo at RB.