Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Even more thoughts on the end of the season

Apologies if this has been discussed adnausem, but I just don't have the will power to wade through hundreds of posts following the loss to the Pats. I've rewatched the game, looked at additional video, and concluded it's been part of team for this year and it has to change for us to rise to greater heights. Hackett is at times bordering on offensive genius, while at time looking like he's holding back or playing not to loose with the players he has on the field. I've also noticed that Wash has similar outings, ironcially at times with what Hackett is doing. Go back and watch old games and tell me I am crazy. Which leads me to believe they have two game plans (play to win and play to NOT lose) and it is being directed from the top down. At what level it comes from I'm not sure. My first point: Playing not to lose is not a winning strategy for this team. Second, Bortles is who he is at this point in his career. His timing and mechanics are either good or not so good. I watched the Shrine game and kept thinking Nic Shimonek (Texas Tech QB) looked much better and more consistant than Bortles on placing the ball infront of receivers on crossing routes and over the shoulder. That said, I'm not sure getting tied up in a high $ free agent QB is the way to go, nor is trading up to select a QB - we have other needs to solidify this team. Second point: Bortles needs competition acquired through a mid-round draft pick or by signing a young, veteran QB at a reasonable contract that can push Bortles. And lastly, outside the Pats, the window of opportunity for a team to have year over year dominance is narrow. There has to been a sense of urgency to get things corrected and in place for 2018 without mortaging the team's future.  Third point: Be smart in free agency signings.  If we get those things right, it will be a sweet ride.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!