Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Hurns

A huge decision for our front office this year is do we keep Hurns.  Our last game of the season agaisnt the Pats Hurns finally looked healthy and led the Jags in receiving. His cap hit in 2018 is only 7 mil. which really isn't that much.  We have seen what he can do with A Rob and when healthy.  Davante Adams has about the same numbers as Hurns and has played in 11 more games with Aaron Rodgers as his QB and makes 14.5 mil a year.  Do you think we keep Hurns?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

AR-15,Hurns,Cole and Westbrook is a pretty loaded receiving core which I like. Cole has done it for one year and Westbrook looked ok for half a year so no need to cut him when we can let the young guys develop under him more and in 3 years when his contract is up so will there's and we will let him walk if those 2 develop

I don't see any reason to let Hurns go. He needs to be here next year.

Keep! Hurns gives burns!
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

That's a good foursome, add 2 more and we're set. You know one or more will get hurt and miss time.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

If one WR needs to go, it's Lee. Bad hands, injury prone. At least Hurns can catch.

Hurns numbers are better with Arob on the field. When Arob is out there he gets the best corner and double teams which allows Hurns to be open more often. With out Arob this year Hurns was considerd our best WR when he was in there he drew the best Corner and double Teams and lee was open more (just droped to many) then Hurns went down same thing Lee was the #1 and got the scrutiny while the rookies got open When lee went down ect ect ect....

Fix the QB and you fix the receivers no matter who you keep.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I would rather them let Lee walk at this point and they retain Hurns along with Robinson. I think between Cole and Westrbook they don't really need to keep Lee here anymore. Cole and Westbrook showed enough last year that they can use speed to get open and with another off season to pack on some muscle and work with Keenan McCardell they should be ready to go even more.

Plus, there's also the draft.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Keep Hurns.. with ARob, Cole & Westbrook.. we're pretty loaded at WR.. Mickens looks like he can play too..

Maybe we draft a WR late on, or sign someone in FA?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018, 07:04 PM by ATLjag.)

I hope they retain Hurns. $7m is a premium for his production since signing the deal, but not by much. If he were to go into free agency today, I think he would get close to that figure.

Lee, on the other hand, is likely to get overpaid in free agency by another team, and will not be back. He's a decent player, but not worth what someone will shell out.

I'm keeping Hurns for sure. Lee just needs to find a fresh start with a new team. 3rd and 8 in the AFC Championship game, Lee ran a crossing route...Bortles threw it in perfect stride and Lee sticks his hands out and the ball bounced right off his hands and hit the ground.

On trots the punt team.

With Arob coming off the ACL, Hurns gives you stability in the pass game. 7 million cap hit....not bad when we were starving for WRs half way through a Super Bowl run.

I've asked this before, but how many concussions do you think Hurns has left in him before he calls it a career? I like Hurns. I like UDFAs that make names for themselves, but I wouldn't pay him what he's due to make next year because he's probably 1 or 2 more away from walking away for good and concussions happen with too much regularity. I'd rather pay Lee that $7 million if we have a chance at keeping ARob and Lee with Westbrook who is still on his rookie deal. I think Lee would look a lot better with a more proficient passing game and I'd have very little concern about the production that group could put up next year. I'd wish Hurns well and root for him on his new team, but the concussion risk bothers me too much with him to pay him anything significant which he'll probably still command in free agency.

(01-26-2018, 07:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'm keeping Hurns for sure. Lee just needs to find a fresh start with a new team. 3rd and 8 in the AFC Championship game, Lee ran a crossing route...Bortles threw it in perfect stride and Lee sticks his hands out and the ball bounced right off his hands and hit the ground.

On trots the punt team.

With Arob coming off the ACL, Hurns gives you stability in the pass game. 7 million cap hit....not bad when we were starving for WRs half way through a Super Bowl run.

"perfect stride"   LOL

he should have caught it - but "perfect stride????????"  

That ball is behind him. For the umpteenth time this season, Bortles threw a crosser behind his receiver.  Shocker. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-26-2018, 07:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 07:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'm keeping Hurns for sure. Lee just needs to find a fresh start with a new team. 3rd and 8 in the AFC Championship game, Lee ran a crossing route...Bortles threw it in perfect stride and Lee sticks his hands out and the ball bounced right off his hands and hit the ground.

On trots the punt team.

"perfect stride"   LOL

he should have caught it - but "perfect stride????????"  

That ball is behind him. For the umpteenth time this season, Bortles threw a crosser behind his receiver.  Shocker. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

It def was perfect stride be its funny how it bounces right off Lee's hands before the defender even touches Lee.  Something we have seen to many times before

I love Hurns and what he brings to this team but that cap number is just a bit too high.

Not sure how a paycut would go. He earned his money fair and square through a ton of hardwork as UDFA.

Lets be honest, even before this team has always had issues with receivers being healthy for the entire season. If we have proven talent that's already signed I think we should keep that talent. I've seen lee drop too many balls that have hit him in the hands on crossers over the past four years for me to be comfortable. those are supposed to be his bread and butter as they put him in a position to get separation and he drops them. I Think cole and dede are too similar to lee so they'll let him walk, keep AR15 (or maybe grab Watkins and reunite him with Hackett and marrone) and keep hurns.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018, 08:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2018, 08:18 PM)archer56 Wrote: Lets be honest, even before this team has always had issues with receivers being healthy for the entire season.  If we have proven talent that's already signed I think we should keep that talent.  I've seen lee drop too many balls that have hit him in the hands on crossers over the past four years for me to be comfortable.  those are supposed to be his bread and butter as they put him in a position to get separation and he drops them.  I Think cole and dede are too similar to lee so they'll let him walk, keep AR15 (or maybe grab Watkins and reunite him with Hackett and marrone) and keep hurns.

Id take Watkins over Lee.  An actual true deep threat. I cant think of one deep pass Lee has ever caught in his 4 years here.

(01-26-2018, 08:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 08:18 PM)archer56 Wrote: Lets be honest, even before this team has always had issues with receivers being healthy for the entire season.  If we have proven talent that's already signed I think we should keep that talent.  I've seen lee drop too many balls that have hit him in the hands on crossers over the past four years for me to be comfortable.  those are supposed to be his bread and butter as they put him in a position to get separation and he drops them.  I Think cole and dede are too similar to lee so they'll let him walk, keep AR15 (or maybe grab Watkins and reunite him with Hackett and marrone) and keep hurns.

Id take Watkins over Lee.  An actual true deep threat.  I cant think of one deep pass Lee has ever caught in his 4 years here.
To be fair, they pretty much just make Lee run those crossers.

Lee is all but gone. That’s a given. I honestly feel like Hurns will be gone too. Robinson, Cole, Westbrook and a rookie/cheaper vet will most likely be the WR core next year.

keeping mickens for punt return gives us a bonus at WR also so get rid of lee and probably green