Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR? Say we sign ARob.......

I have read that the likely hood of signing ARob is strong only from our opinions, and that no ones feelings will be hurt if we let Lee go in FA. 

I think IMO we keep Hurns, Westbrook, Cole and what about signing Strong long term? 

Greene and Benn are still here on IR with Strong. Would this WR core be enough next year or should the Jags look for a WR in the draft, maybe even FA?
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m good with ARob, Hurns, Cole, Dede, Jaelen, and Benn. Drafting a guy wouldn’t shock me, but we have a really really young group as it is. ARob is the same age as Dede

We're good at WR. Arob, Hurns, Westbrook, and Cole gives us a pretty solid core. Then maybe Greene, Benn or Mickens.

We're gonna be drafting BAD to help us win now. We're in our window.

I think we still need either a true #1 receiver or a heavy volume receiver like Jarvis Landry. ARob is a good receiver, but he's not a guy that you should be targeting 10+ times per game.

I'm fine with letting ARob go. Remember Cole and Westbrook were rookies. Both have potential to be #1 WR's. Put them with an improved QB and watch them shine.

(01-29-2018, 01:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm fine with letting ARob go. Remember Cole and Westbrook were rookies. Both have potential to be #1 WR's. Put them with an improved QB and watch them shine.
I think you're on an island by yourself with this one. ARob is a #1 while both Cole and Westbrook are not. You think Cole and Westbrook can beat double teams? They're both good and showed promise in their rookie season but they're not #1's.

(01-29-2018, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 01:10 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm fine with letting ARob go. Remember Cole and Westbrook were rookies. Both have potential to be #1 WR's. Put them with an improved QB and watch them shine.
I think you're on an island by yourself with this one. ARob is a #1 while both Cole and Westbrook are not. You think Cole and Westbrook can beat double teams? They're both good and showed promise in their rookie season but they're not #1's.

How do you know they aren't #1's? They were rookies for God's sake! Very, very, very rarely can you tell anything from a WR in their rookie year, especially when they have a pedestrian QB throwing to them. ARob has looked like a #1 WR only one season of his career and that was back in 2015. What makes you so sure he will return to that form?

(01-29-2018, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you're on an island by yourself with this one. ARob is a #1 while both Cole and Westbrook are not. You think Cole and Westbrook can beat double teams? They're both good and showed promise in their rookie season but they're not #1's.

How do you know they aren't #1's? They were rookies for God's sake! Very, very, very rarely can you tell anything from a WR in their rookie year, especially when they have a pedestrian QB throwing to them. ARob has looked like a #1 WR only one season of his career and that was back in 2015. What makes you so sure he will return to that form?
His age, ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and his work ethic.

We are both projecting as to what Cole and Westbrook will be but do they have any elite qualities? Do you really think they can beat double teams? That's what a true #1 QB can do. Robinson did that in 2015 playing with the same pedestrian QB Cole and Westbrook had. His worst year was last year and he still had almost 900 yards and 6 TDs. Robinson is elite when it comes to high pointing the ball and coming down with the catch. 

Also, how many rookie FAs have turned into #1 WRs? I'm just going off of history here.

Find a fast WR that can get separation. Still haven't seen that (consistently) out of any of the current WRs.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

(01-29-2018, 10:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 10:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How do you know they aren't #1's? They were rookies for God's sake! Very, very, very rarely can you tell anything from a WR in their rookie year, especially when they have a pedestrian QB throwing to them. ARob has looked like a #1 WR only one season of his career and that was back in 2015. What makes you so sure he will return to that form?
His age, ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and his work ethic.

We are both projecting as to what Cole and Westbrook will be but do they have any elite qualities? Do you really think they can beat double teams? That's what a true #1 QB can do. Robinson did that in 2015 playing with the same pedestrian QB Cole and Westbrook had. His worst year was last year and he still had almost 900 yards and 6 TDs. Robinson is elite when it comes to high pointing the ball and coming down with the catch. 

Also, how many rookie FAs have turned into #1 WRs? I'm just going off of history here.

I think both have enough speed, body control and athleticism to possibly be #1's. I don't know if they will, but it's crazy to completely write both of them off after their rookie season. Robinson had 1 year where I would call him a #1 receiver. His stats declined majorly in 2016. He dropped a lot of passes and generally looked totally out of sink with Bortles. He high points the ball well, because he's 6'3" and can out jump smaller DB's. That's the one major thing he has over the young guys. I've said all along we need to add a big WR to make up for the loss of his presence in the redzone. A new TE would help as well.

Strong is a RFA this year, that can be tendered favorably. There is no need to sign him to a long term deal. Houston cut him and he was picked up off waivers. He had some hamstring issues before his knee issue that put him on IR. I would like to see the team tender him for another year, and then decide his worth.

They need to keep Allen Robinson on offense and Aaron Colvin on defense. Those are my two key signings for this off season. Patrick Omameh also would be my third highest re signing I would like to see.

As far as Lee? Look. I don't think we need him now with Cole and Westbrook. We missed a big, go up and get it target all year and A-Rob fits that need. Hurns needs to stay healthy to work the slot and then we can rotate Westbrook and Cole in the line up to burn a secondary when we call for it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Arob is infinitely more important than Colvin.

(01-28-2018, 10:46 PM)JNev Wrote: I’m good with ARob, Hurns, Cole, Dede, Jaelen, and Benn. Drafting a guy wouldn’t shock me, but we have a really really young group as it is. ARob is the same age as Dede

What is all the love for Benn? Has he done anything significant over the past few seasons to justify keeping him?

(01-29-2018, 10:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 10:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: His age, ACL injuries aren't what they used to be and his work ethic.

I think both have enough speed, body control and athleticism to possibly be #1's. I don't know if they will, but it's crazy to completely write both of them off after their rookie season. Robinson had 1 year where I would call him a #1 receiver. His stats declined majorly in 2016. He dropped a lot of passes and generally looked totally out of sink with Bortles. He high points the ball well, because he's 6'3" and can out jump smaller DB's. That's the one major thing he has over the young guys. I've said all along we need to add a big WR to make up for the loss of his presence in the redzone. A new TE would help as well.

The only people writing anyone off are those who are perfectly fine with moving on from Robinson.  I think most recognize their potential, but until that is realized, they are still question marks.  Robinson has proven his value as a #1 receiver in this offense.  The team is better with him on the roster. 

A new TE will probably be a high priority this off season to add more weapons for Bortles.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-29-2018, 01:36 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 10:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think both have enough speed, body control and athleticism to possibly be #1's. I don't know if they will, but it's crazy to completely write both of them off after their rookie season. Robinson had 1 year where I would call him a #1 receiver. His stats declined majorly in 2016. He dropped a lot of passes and generally looked totally out of sink with Bortles. He high points the ball well, because he's 6'3" and can out jump smaller DB's. That's the one major thing he has over the young guys. I've said all along we need to add a big WR to make up for the loss of his presence in the redzone. A new TE would help as well.

The only people writing anyone off are those who are perfectly fine with moving on from Robinson.  I think most recognize their potential, but until that is realized, they are still question marks.  Robinson has proven his value as a #1 receiver in this offense.  The team is better with him on the roster. 

A new TE will probably be a high priority this off season to add more weapons for Bortles.
Bingo.

ARob would immediately help Cole and Westbrook.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018, 03:35 PM by Inziladun.)

A-Rob, Hurns, Cole, Westbrook. Lee is the odd man out here, not A-Rob. There's a reason Lewis saw a bit of a resurgence in his career this year and that's because we've been missing a big red zone target all year, aka A-Rob. I'm fine with letting him walk if we replace him with someone else that can go up and catch contested balls... but why would we do that when we have first dibs on A-Rob who's literally just sitting there waiting to be signed. Makes no sense why we would let him walk. Everyone worried about signing the defense needs to ask themselves.... who are we worried about losing THIS off-season? That's Colvin and Dareus. The rest we can worry about later.

The Front Office has done well enough on the contracts that I don't foresee us getting into too much Cap Trouble down the road. We'll end up having to let some guys walk, but I wouldn't be worried about the Stars on this team walking until they decided to retire.

(01-29-2018, 03:33 PM)Inziladun Wrote: A-Rob, Hurns, Cole, Westbrook. Lee is the odd man out here, not A-Rob. There's a reason Lewis saw a bit of a resurgence in his career this year and that's because we've been missing a big red zone target all year, aka A-Rob. I'm fine with letting him walk if we replace him with someone else that can go up and catch contested balls... but why would we do that when we have first dibs on A-Rob who's literally just sitting there waiting to be signed. Makes no sense why we would let him walk. Everyone worried about signing the defense needs to ask themselves.... who are we worried about losing THIS off-season? That's Colvin and Dareus. The rest we can worry about later.
Dareus isn't going anywhere. Colvin, Lee and Ivory are most likely out. Lewis and Poz can stay if they restructure their contracts.

(01-29-2018, 03:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 03:33 PM)Inziladun Wrote: A-Rob, Hurns, Cole, Westbrook. Lee is the odd man out here, not A-Rob. There's a reason Lewis saw a bit of a resurgence in his career this year and that's because we've been missing a big red zone target all year, aka A-Rob. I'm fine with letting him walk if we replace him with someone else that can go up and catch contested balls... but why would we do that when we have first dibs on A-Rob who's literally just sitting there waiting to be signed. Makes no sense why we would let him walk. Everyone worried about signing the defense needs to ask themselves.... who are we worried about losing THIS off-season? That's Colvin and Dareus. The rest we can worry about later.
Dareus isn't going anywhere. Colvin, Lee and Ivory are most likely out. Lewis and Poz can stay if they restructure their contracts.

I agree that Dareus will be back. But I also think we manage to keep Colvin too. Ivory is almost certainly going to walk, he's fumbled the ball way to much to justify keeping with the other talent we have at the position, and that's ignoring his price point.  Lewis and Poz will be back unless they retire, no doubt in my mind about that.

(01-29-2018, 03:41 PM)Inziladun Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 03:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dareus isn't going anywhere. Colvin, Lee and Ivory are most likely out. Lewis and Poz can stay if they restructure their contracts.

I agree that Dareus will be back. But I also think we manage to keep Colvin too. Ivory is almost certainly going to walk, he's fumbled the ball way to much to justify keeping with the other talent we have at the position, and that's ignoring his price point.  Lewis and Poz will be back unless they retire, no doubt in my mind about that.

Colvin is a very underrated part of our defense. In today's NFL I don't think it's crazy to give a good contract to a third corner. Colvin played lights out last season and I think/hope the team retains him.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."