Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coughlin could be back very soon...

Quote:There you go again. A friend of a friends friend told you....great

How DARE you question spacecoastjag. We are unworthy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2016, 08:50 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:You didn't answer the question. Because you can't. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team but what do they do well statistically compared to other playoff teams? The answer is nothing.

So, in other words, you can do no thinking on your own.  You're only capable of reading statistics to try to enforce a bad point.  You can only blame horrid QB play on something else.  That's OK, some people just can't understand watching really bad QB play.

By the way, please feel free to peruse my posts and point out where 'I feel the Jags will be a playoff team'.  Because they sure as hell aren't going to do it with a quarterback that looks mechanically worse than his rookie year.  Oh...but that's right...you can only cite statistics.  You can't see.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The only way Coughlin makes sense is a Wade Phillips arrangement where he's hired as the head coach along with an heir apparent, and it's known that his tenure has an expiration date. I don't see Coughlin being interested in that sort of arrangement.

Quote:I might be wrong but wasn't that more to do with him being terrible at cap management?
It was, plus he wasn't one who sucked up to the media so they disliked him too. Our former owner wasn't actually very good at recognizing what he had in TC and let him go; one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the Jags. He then went to the giants and has since gone to a few bowls. That's who we had and fired. Tom is getting a little long in the tooth for the stress of coaching a NFL team and while we sure could use him I don't think he's even in the mix for consideration.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2016, 08:59 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:The only way Coughlin makes sense is a Wade Phillips arrangement where he's hired as the head coach along with an heir apparent, and it's known that his tenure has an expiration date. I don't see Coughlin being interested in that sort of arrangement.
where did he say that? oh I see what you're saying...I don't think that hiring TC on a 3-4 year deal longer if everything is going well is a bad idea..He's the type of coach we need...

Quote:Once again, what do the Jags do well? Name something. You expect the Jags to be a playoff team if Bortles throws for 35 TDs and 4400 yards? Oh wait, they are still a (5-11) team even if Bortles kills it. You don't know what a playoff team looks like do you?
Man... You're really something else.

If Bortles was killing it, this team would probably be undefeated or 5-1. You do realize he has 11 turnovers in 6 games, right? You do realize that when Blake has a turnover free game, this team has a winning record right? 

It's not all on Blakes shoulders and I think the majority of fans know that. But if Blake was lighting it up, this team would be 5-1 because that would mean ARob, Hurns, Lee, and Thomas are also lighting it up. The defense has played well enough that if Blake was "lighting it up", we would be winning.

Quote:Man... You're really something else.

If Bortles was killing it, this team would probably be undefeated or 5-1. You do realize he has 11 turnovers in 6 games, right? You do realize that when Blake has a turnover free game, this team has a winning record right? 

It's not all on Blakes shoulders and I think the majority of fans know that. But if Blake was lighting it up, this team would be 5-1 because that would mean ARob, Hurns, Lee, and Thomas are also lighting it up. The defense has played well enough that if Blake was "lighting it up", we would be winning.

This level of suck is definitely a team effort. I read elsewhere that Blake has a staggering 5 INTs off of botched/bobbled potential receptions. That doesn't take away from your point, however. It still stands firm as a better pass in at least 2 of those instances probably wouldn't have been bobbled for an INT.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

No please.  Coughlin had his time but he's old and his time has passed.  Leave him have a happy retirement on the Competition Committee.  The only things bringing him back would accomplish are hard feelings and a tarnished (admittedly selective) memory of his time here.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:No thanks, he was already run out of town once just like all of our coaches have been. Now suddenly they are all good? No coach will have success here if the talent fails to perform the most basic of football plays. Has little to nothing to do with coaching.

I think a lot of us fans have matured and learned what a good NFL HC looks like since having the Jags in Jax.

Hard pass on the 70 year old retired coach.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 08:59 AM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:So, in other words, you can do no thinking on your own.  You're only capable of reading statistics to try to enforce a bad point.  You can only blame horrid QB play on something else.  That's OK, some people just can't understand watching really bad QB play.

By the way, please feel free to peruse my posts and point out where 'I feel the Jags will be a playoff team'.  Because they sure as hell aren't going to do it with a quarterback that looks mechanically worse than his rookie year.  Oh...but that's right...you can only cite statistics.  You can't see.

1. Bortles has 9 TDs and 9 INTs. He had 11 TDs and 17 INTs his rookie year. He DOESN'T look worse than his rookie year. Period. Not statistically OR mechanically. Please stop making things up.

2. The Jags have the #31 running game in the NFL. The Jags were #27 running game last year. 

3. The Jags have the #26 scoring defense in the NFL. The Jags were #31 scoring defense last year.

NO RUNNING GAME and NO DEFENSE ALL 4 YEARS GUS BRADLEY HAS BEEN HERE. 

Go ask Mr. MVP (1-5) Cam Newton how important a running game and a defense is! Also ask Dak Prescott. 

It's everything. Now sit down and enjoy your (14-40) head coach and clueless owner.

Once again, Bortles hasn't played well this year. Brock Osweiler has played worse and he will be in the playoffs. Bortles isn't THE PROBLEM. This franchise is.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 09:04 AM by UCF Knight.)

Stats don't tell the whole story.  He's as inaccurate as he's been since he's been in the NFL.  A receiver can be sitting there wide open and Blake is nowhere close.  I want Blake to work out just as much as you.  I'm a UCF grad, my kid has a UCF football uniform, all that....but he's awful so far this year, absolutely freaking awful.

If Blake had any sort of game this year, we would be 4-2 or 5-1....except he doesn't and we are awful.  So quit trying to prop him up like he is some sort of folk hero.  He will tell you that he's been awful, so stop trying to spin it.

Edit:  You seem to have all these inside sources in the NFL, why are you not working in the NFL?  Quit lying to make yourself sound legit.  We all know you aren't.  The Houston Texans are just as big a joke as the Jaguars and there is no guarantee they make the playoffs...another lie.

Quote:1. Bortles has 9 TDs and 9 INTs. He had 11 TDs and 17 INTs his rookie year. He DOESN'T look worse than his rookie year. Period. Not statistically OR mechanically. Please stop making things up.

2. The Jags have the #31 running game in the NFL. The Jags were #27 running game last year. 

3. The Jags have the #26 scoring defense in the NFL. The Jags were #31 scoring defense last year.

NO RUNNING GAME and NO DEFENSE ALL 4 YEARS GUS BRADLEY HAS BEEN HERE. 

Go ask Mr. MVP (1-5) Cam Newton how important a running game and a defense is! Also ask Dak Prescott. 

It's everything. Now sit down and enjoy your (14-40) head coach and clueless owner.

Once again, Bortles hasn't played well this year. Brock Osweiler has played worse and he will be in the playoffs. Bortles isn't THE PROBLEM. This franchise is.

You're clueless.  

And I'm now convinced you're also blind.

Quote:Stats don't tell the whole story.  He's as inaccurate as he's been since he's been in the NFL.  A receiver can be sitting there wide open and Blake is nowhere close.  I want Blake to work out just as much as you.  I'm a UCF grad, my kid has a UCF football uniform, all that....but he's awful so far this year, absolutely freaking awful.

If Blake had any sort of game this year, we would be 4-2 or 5-1....except he doesn't and we are awful.  So quit trying to prop him up like he is some sort of folk hero.  He will tell you that he's been awful, so stop trying to spin it.

According to PFF, our Jags WRs have the worst separation in the NFL. When have Jags WRs EVER been open this year besides Marquise Lee on a crossing route over the middle? I haven't seen it.

Quote:You're clueless.  

And I'm now convinced you're also blind.

You're 61. I'm pretty sure you're blind nor can you come up with an intelligent, factual statistics based post based on FACTS. 

Quote:Stats don't tell the whole story.  He's as inaccurate as he's been since he's been in the NFL.  A receiver can be sitting there wide open and Blake is nowhere close.  I want Blake to work out just as much as you.  I'm a UCF grad, my kid has a UCF football uniform, all that....but he's awful so far this year, absolutely freaking awful.

Edit:  You seem to have all these inside sources in the NFL, why are you not working in the NFL?  Quit lying to make yourself sound legit.  We all know you aren't.  The Houston Texans are just as big a joke as the Jaguars and there is no guarantee they make the playoffs...another lie.

I'm not spinning anything. The Jags have the #26 scoring defense in the NFL. They are (2-4) because of that. Why is Cam Newton (1-5) this year? They have the #29 scoring defense in the NFL. Why was Cam Newton (15-1) last year??? Because they had the #6 scoring defense. 

Did Cam Newton REGRESS? No. His team sucks like the Jags do now. 

It's called stats. 

Quote:You're 61. I'm pretty sure you're blind nor can you come up with an intelligent, factual statistics based post based on FACTS. 

You being clueless is pretty factual.  Very factual.

And as usual, you want to throw out statistics to try to cover for your love interest Blakey-wakey.

I find it amazing the you are the only one on this board who can't see that he is a big problem for this team.  A very big one.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 09:19 AM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:You being clueless is pretty factual.  Very factual.

And as usual, you want to throw out statistics to try to cover for your love interest Blakey-wakey.

I find it amazing the you are the only one on this board who can't see that he is a big problem for this team.  A very big one.

All of MY posts are based on statistics and facts. All of YOUR posts are based on opinions. Clearly, you're not in the same ballpark old timer.

Quote:All of MY posts are based on statistics and facts. All of YOUR posts are based on opinions. Clearly, you're not in the same ballpark old timer.

And blind homerism for ONE player.  Sad...very sad.  

I think Tom would have Melvin and ar15 in his office and chew their [BLEEP] for their recent comments about us booing them.

I'm actually at a loss for words regarding their comments. " Our best home field is Wembley stadium".

This team sucks.

We not only can't win but we loose ugly and our players can't accept that WERE BOOING TGEM BECAUSE THEY SUCK AND WERE EMBARRASSED BY THEIR PERFORMANCE.

WTH?

I have spent over a grand on this team In the last 2 years.

Some of you have spent a lot more than I have.

And they break our balls for not being excited as they loose and play horribly every week?

The NFL is the only occupation other than politics where u can SUCK for years and years and not get fired.

Hell I. Reality it's not the entire NFL.

It's just our beloved jaguars franchise where the entire team, players, coaches, uniform designers ECT ECT can suck for 4 years and still have their job.

I am a jaguars fan for life.

But I am NOT proud of this team as a whole.

It's embarrassing to be a jags fan.

If I lived in Jax I'd buy a game ticket just so I could boo their [BLEEP] until I lost my voice.

Getting laid millions of dollars a year and absolutely be horrible every day at work?

At least they could be honorable and accept that THEY SUCK AT PLAYING FOOTBALL AS A TEAM.