Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boselli Snubbed Again

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 04:23 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(02-04-2018, 03:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 02:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, Lynch was better than just good.  Players were scared to go across the middle when they played Tampa.  Lynch would almost take players heads off.  A beast against the run as well.  In the last 90s and early 2000s he was the best safety in the game.  A huge part of that great Tampa D

Terrible how we put a guy in the HOF who would've been thrown out of the league for how he played if he had played this year. This is the age of Pansy Ball.

Yeah they'll celebrate his awesome tackles when he's inducted and then penalize / fine the next guy that does it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-04-2018, 09:56 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 09:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The common theme with those elected is the fact that they played 2x or more games than Bo (who played 91 games)

This makes me wonder if JJ Watt (who played in 3 less games than Bo) will ever be elected

Wait, it JJ Watt out of the NFL? I haven't been following anything much the past couple of weeks but I figured my NFL mobile app would have alerted me this was Big News if he was.

JJ Watt is not out of the league but his comeback is seriously in question after suffering a very severe ACL injury --- see below.  Anyway, assuming JJ is done, he played less games that Bo so I'm wondering if this will also deter voters from electing him to the HOF or do they vote him in.  I now JJ is loved by the media so it will be interesting.

https://houseofhouston.com/2017/12/06/ho...ty-injury/

But his ACL was too strong, they said, and the ligament refused to buckle, transferring the pressure throughout the knee, shattering the bone and cartilage. The great irony was that Watt’s maniacal devotion to strengthening his ACL—the single ligament that most often shortens careers—transformed what would have been a relatively routine injury into a uniquely devastating one.”

(02-05-2018, 01:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 09:56 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Wait, it JJ Watt out of the NFL? I haven't been following anything much the past couple of weeks but I figured my NFL mobile app would have alerted me this was Big News if he was.

JJ Watt is not out of the league but his comeback is seriously in question after suffering a very severe ACL injury --- see below.  Anyway, assuming JJ is done, he played less games that Bo so I'm wondering if this will also deter voters from electing him to the HOF or do they vote him in.  I now JJ is loved by the media so it will be interesting.

https://houseofhouston.com/2017/12/06/ho...ty-injury/

But his ACL was too strong, they said, and the ligament refused to buckle, transferring the pressure throughout the knee, shattering the bone and cartilage. The great irony was that Watt’s maniacal devotion to strengthening his ACL—the single ligament that most often shortens careers—transformed what would have been a relatively routine injury into a uniquely devastating one.”

Thank you. I knew he was injured again, I didn't realize it was that bad. That's unfortunate because I think he's a really good football player and he had some years ahead of him.

(02-03-2018, 09:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 09:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Eight (8) were elected today.

Yeah, I am not counting the senior or contributor voter panels.

The greatest surprise on this end with the HOF choices is no Modern Day Offensive Lineman were selected to the HOF this year despite the high number that made it to the final 15.

I do believe Tony Boselli will eventually get into the HOF.  But it might not happen until he's Senior eligible.  Hopefully, he doesn't have to wait many decades and can enjoy the experience while he still has good health.

(02-09-2018, 12:03 AM)D6 Wrote: I do believe Tony Boselli will eventually get into the HOF.  But it might not happen until he's Senior eligible.  Hopefully, he doesn't have to wait many decades and can enjoy the experience while he still has good health.

I think he's moved up to the top tier of the guys on the waiting list, so the next non stacked first ballot class he should get in. That might not be next year since there are 3 first ballot locks and probably 6 or 7 great candidates for the last 2 slots...but one of the next two or three he should finally get the call if not next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 12:03 AM)D6 Wrote: I do believe Tony Boselli will eventually get into the HOF.  But it might not happen until he's Senior eligible.  Hopefully, he doesn't have to wait many decades and can enjoy the experience while he still has good health.

I think he's moved up to the top tier of the guys on the waiting list, so the next non stacked first ballot class he should get in. That might not be next year since there are 3 first ballot locks and probably 6 or 7 great candidates for the last 2 slots...but one of the next two or three he should finally get the call if not next year.

There's always going to be an excuse why he doesn't get in.

Bottom line is there is too much anti Jacksonville bias in the national media for any of our guys to get a fair shake.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 07:22 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I hate to say it, but Bo may be waiting like Cris Carter did. Might be a few years down the road. Because he's a Jag and the only thing people think about with us minus this last year was small market, no fans, and a horrible team; not to mention his shorter play time. It sucks because he was the best LT of his time, but the voters who are a sham, only see Jaguar....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-09-2018, 07:22 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I hate to say it, but Bo may be waiting like Cris Carter did. Might be a few years down the road. Because he's a Jag and the only thing people think about with us minus this last year was small market, no fans, and a horrible team; not to mention his shorter play time. It sucks because he was the best LT of his time, but the voters who are a sham, only see Jaguar....
So much this and not to mention tarps...
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.