Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boselli Snubbed Again

(02-03-2018, 09:43 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: It's good to see that Jerry Kramer finally got in.  He should have been in long ago.

SO there is hope for Bo in 37 years (when he turns 82 like Kramer) --- I feel better now Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To me, this makes the Morten Anderson enshrinement last year even more egregious.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The whole league is becoming more of a joke by the day. They take away our Super Bowl hopes and don’t give our best player ever enough credit. Shouldn’t be surprised though..... meh
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-03-2018, 09:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The common theme with those elected is the fact that they played 2x or more games than Bo (who played 91 games)

This makes me wonder if JJ Watt (who played in 3 less games than Bo) will ever be elected

...but Bo played at least 2x or more better than Urlacher. 
'02

Eligible for 1st time for Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2019:

S Ed Reed
TE Tony Gonzalez
CB Champ Bailey
LB London Fletcher
CB Asante Samuel
LB Jonathan Vilma
OG Brian Waters
OT Jordan Gross

Obviously the first 3 are first ballot locks. I think 2 of Boselli/Hutchinson/Mawae should get in next year.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 08:23 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-03-2018, 10:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Eligible for 1st time for Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2019:

S       Ed Reed
TE    Tony Gonzalez
CB    Champ Bailey
LB     London Fletcher
CB    Asante Samuel
LB     Jonathan Vilma
OG    Brian Waters
OT    Jordan Gross

Obviously the first 3 are first ballot locks. I think 2 of Boselli/Hutchinson/Mawae should get in next year.

Reed and Gonzalez are locks, but I don't see anyone else on that list that is a lock. Boselli and Hutchinson have to get in next year. Boselli belongs in the HOF. He is the best LT I've ever seen and I live in Cincinnati and watched Anthony Munoz play when I was a kid. IMO, Boselli was better, but unfortunately, he had a shorter career. That's the only thing holding him out.

(02-03-2018, 08:59 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 08:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Who votes for the HOF?

There's basically a select panel of experts who do the voting.

I think the Russians hacked into the system and influenced the outcome.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-03-2018, 08:05 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urlacher doesn't deserve it.

That guy got trucked a lot.

He played in Chicago.  If Bo had played in Chicago and Urlacher played here Bo would be in and Urlacher would be waiting.

It's like people forgot what Urlacher was actually like as a player.

He was decent.. maybe worthy of the HOF in 20-25 years... but no.. just watch his lowlights.. getting trucked by nobodies his ENTIRE career. He was a very soft MLB.

(02-03-2018, 09:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The common theme with those elected is the fact that they played 2x or more games than Bo (who played 91 games)

This makes me wonder if JJ Watt (who played in 3 less games than Bo) will ever be elected

Wait, it JJ Watt out of the NFL? I haven't been following anything much the past couple of weeks but I figured my NFL mobile app would have alerted me this was Big News if he was.

(02-03-2018, 10:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Eligible for 1st time for Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 2019:

S       Ed Reed
TE    Tony Gonzalez
CB    Champ Bailey
LB     London Fletcher
CB    Asante Samuel
LB     Jonathan Vilma
OG    Brian Waters
OT    Jordan Gross

Was just gonna post this.  Next year I think its Reed, Gonzalez, Bailey, Lynch, and Boselli.  He will have a much better shot next year as there will only be 3 first ballet HOFers

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 11:21 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-03-2018, 10:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

S       Ed Reed
TE    Tony Gonzalez
CB    Champ Bailey
LB     London Fletcher
CB    Asante Samuel
LB     Jonathan Vilma
OG    Brian Waters
OT    Jordan Gross

Reed and Gonzalez are locks, but I don't see anyone else on that list that is a lock. Boselli and Hutchinson have to get in next year. Boselli belongs in the HOF. He is the best LT I've ever seen and I live in Cincinnati and watched Anthony Munoz play when I was a kid. IMO, Boselli was better, but unfortunately, he had a shorter career. That's the only thing holding him out.
I think Bailey is a lock.  He is easily a top 5 corner all time and was the best corner in the league for about 10 years or so.  One can argue he is the 2nd best corner of all time and the first real true shut down corner since Prime.  The only thing he doesnt have is a SB.

(02-03-2018, 10:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

S       Ed Reed
TE    Tony Gonzalez
CB    Champ Bailey
LB     London Fletcher
CB    Asante Samuel
LB     Jonathan Vilma
OG    Brian Waters
OT    Jordan Gross

I think John Lynch gets in before Hutchinson and Mawae

Urlacher was a decent player and a nice guy with media savvy playing in a large market for a team with a national fan base that had some big games on national tv. Tony Boselli would have been a 1st ballot inductee, and the story of his release and subsequent premature career end stuff of Chicago sports legend, had he played his 6 years in a Chicago Bears uniform.

I have no issue with any of the other inductees, and believe Tony's time will come soon.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-04-2018, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 10:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Reed and Gonzalez are locks, but I don't see anyone else on that list that is a lock. Boselli and Hutchinson have to get in next year. Boselli belongs in the HOF. He is the best LT I've ever seen and I live in Cincinnati and watched Anthony Munoz play when I was a kid. IMO, Boselli was better, but unfortunately, he had a shorter career. That's the only thing holding him out.
I think Bailey is a lock.  He is easily a top 5 corner all time and was the best corner in the league for about 10 years or so.  One can argue he is the 2nd best corner of all time and the first real true shut down corner since Prime.  The only thing he doesnt have is a SB.

(02-03-2018, 10:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Reed and Gonzalez are locks, but I don't see anyone else on that list that is a lock. Boselli and Hutchinson have to get in next year. Boselli belongs in the HOF. He is the best LT I've ever seen and I live in Cincinnati and watched Anthony Munoz play when I was a kid. IMO, Boselli was better, but unfortunately, he had a shorter career. That's the only thing holding him out.

I always thought Bailey was one of the most overrated CB's of all time. Lynch was good, but not great and IMO, Hutchinson may be the best OG of all time.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 02:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-04-2018, 02:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Bailey is a lock.  He is easily a top 5 corner all time and was the best corner in the league for about 10 years or so.  One can argue he is the 2nd best corner of all time and the first real true shut down corner since Prime.  The only thing he doesnt have is a SB.

I always thought Bailey was one of the most overrated CB's of all time. Lynch was good, but not great and IMO, Hutchinson may be the best OG of all time.

How are you overrated when you cant throw at him and he always followed the best WR?  The guy was the definition of a true lock down corner.  I think Bailey was underrated if anything.  Prime is the only corner I would take over Bailey in his prime.  Bailey was a great tackler as well, something Sanders looked scared of at times.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/...eve-smith/

I think I would take Steve Smiths word for it as well.  When the Broncos played the Cheifs, Bailey would follow Gonzalez everywhere he went and for the most part would take him out of the game.

When you look at a good comparison to Bailey in todays game Ramsey is almost a mirror image. I wouldnt put Ramsey quite there yet but he is close

Gonzalez, Bailey and Ed Reed are all locks next year. Gonna be very hard for Tony to get in

(02-04-2018, 11:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Bailey is a lock.  He is easily a top 5 corner all time and was the best corner in the league for about 10 years or so.  One can argue he is the 2nd best corner of all time and the first real true shut down corner since Prime.  The only thing he doesnt have is a SB.

Why do you think he was overrated? What did you think he struggled with?  

Hint : For most of his career Bailey was elite in every facet of cornerback play. He was a freak athlete, great ball hawk , extremely fluid and technical. Could play equally well in man or zone. Good tackler. Prime Bailey is arguably the most complete corner we have seen.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 02:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Lol, Lynch was better than just good.  Players were scared to go across the middle when they played Tampa.  Lynch would almost take players heads off.  A beast against the run as well.  In the last 90s and early 2000s he was the best safety in the game. A huge part of that great Tampa D

Champ Bailey and Lynch should both be in. Both were great players and the bests of their positions. If Urlacher gets in those two guys should be no brainers.

(02-04-2018, 02:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 02:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I always thought Bailey was one of the most overrated CB's of all time. Lynch was good, but not great and IMO, Hutchinson may be the best OG of all time.

Lol, Lynch was better than just good.  Players were scared to go across the middle when they played Tampa.  Lynch would almost take players heads off.  A beast against the run as well.  In the last 90s and early 2000s he was the best safety in the game.  A huge part of that great Tampa D

Terrible how we put a guy in the HOF who would've been thrown out of the league for how he played if he had played this year. This is the age of Pansy Ball.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato