Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles' Trade Value

The Eagles would be smart to trade Foles this offseason if they get a good offer. What is fair value for him? Is Jeff Fisher that bad of a Coach he made Foles look as bad as he did in STL? Should we be interested in him?

My take: God he looked good this postseason. Like a Top 5-10 QB easily. It's insanely hard to properly value him right now for obvious reasons, I really can't say what I'd give up for him (if we were moving on from Blake). I'm really still in shock that Nick Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB and a Super Bowl MVP. It literally makes no sense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Foles is a solid qb. I wanted us to draft him in back in 2012 in the later rounds. I thought he could be a solid qb. After tonight the eagles would proly want a first rounder for him lol.

ESPN just posted about this. Every insider said they should, and every insider said they would expect a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. I'd be tempted.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22326...nick-foles

For a 2nd or 3rd no doubt you do it. Pick a TE in the 1st, and come back in the 3rd and get a G. That would satisfy me in terms of offense.

Foles, TE, OG, resign Robinson.

You come back with a SB winning QB, who beat the GOAT, a new G to push Cann, and you get a TE who can stretch the field. Defense should be just as good or better this coming year, barring injury. That spells championship.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 01:58 AM by Upper.)

Trade 2nd for Foles, sign Trey Burton, franchise tag Arob, draft Lamar Jackson to develop at 29, take an interior lineman in the 3rd. I would like this team so much if that happened.

See post #328 of the Super Bowl game day thread on why acquiring Foles is stupid.

I'd love to have Foles as another presence who has beaten Belichick and Brady in the Super Bowl.

The best part is he'd be under contract for the next three years for only $5.5 mil.
'02

(02-05-2018, 08:09 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd love to have Foles as another presence who has beaten Belichick and Brady in the Super Bowl.

The best part is he'd be under contract for the next three years for only $5.5 mil.

Knowing those figures I'd spend the second rounder on him. 

The jags are in a position where a lot could change with the offense between  ow and next season, or depending on what the front office does, it could look almost exactly the same. 

It'll be an interesting few months.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 08:40 AM by Caldrac.)

I would give up the 61st overall pick of the 2nd RD and not even think twice about it for him. At the minimum you're replacing Chad Henne. And do you want to talk about pressure and competition? Blake Bortles' [BLEEP] would be set alight with Nick Foles breathing on his neck. Someone comes out of that as a top tier QB and takes advantage of this defense.

Foles contract is beyond affordable. And you're giving a low 2nd RD pick for the potential to replace your QB if need be. Target a TE in RD1 or RD3. Maybe that Hurst kid out of SC or even pick up Jimmy Graham from SEA if they don't retain him. And then look to bolster the offensive line some more.

You could maybe workout a stipulation too where if Foles starts in a play off game in 2018 they'll get another 2nd RD pick in 2019. Just to sweeten the pot a little if there's a bidding war for him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Peyton is the only QB to win a SB with 2 teams. You really think Foles will be the second?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-05-2018, 08:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Peyton is the only QB to win a SB with 2 teams. You really think Foles will be the second?

With this defense and ground game? Anything is possible. The window is short. We can't be playing around at the QB position. Unless this coaching staff feels confident enough to trust Bortles like Pederson did with Foles over the last month than what's the point in maintaining him here?

They sure as [BLEEP] looked gun shy in the 4th quarter against the Patriots. I don't see a franchise QB ready to go as a rookie in this year's class either. And if you want Kirk Cousins it's going to cost you an arm and a leg for a Quarterback that honestly has done less in the play-offs than Bortles and Foles. 

Forking over the 61st overall pick on a team that's already young and talented enough to appear in an AFCC game without a consistent QB is worth the gamble for Foles at this point. Especially when Foles will be under contract for 3 years at $5.5M.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 09:43 AM by Upper.)

Foles' contract is really weird. I know they did the last 3 years as dummy years so they could spread the signing bonus farther, and then those years void after next year if he is still on the Eagles. That's why everyone said it was really only a 2 year deal.

But if he is traded they don't get voided and he has to play 3 years on pretty much the minimum salary? I'm not quite sure we're interpreting that right, but if so that's a mega steal (and also probably a major point of strife and potential holdout for Foles as he'd be getting super screwed). Someone will dig into it deeper and give a clearer explanation now that he's a prime trade candidate though so I'm going to wait and see.

Jags will go after Foles, guaranteed! Only problem is what will Broncos give up in return or even Browns who have stockpile of picks. But from Foles perspective, where would you rather go out of those 3 teams ; )
[Image: giphy.gif]

I would make this move. We can't have status quo at the QB position. Our window will be open for a few seasons, can't waste it trying to figure If Bortles is the answer.

(02-05-2018, 10:32 AM)KingJones Wrote: Jags will go after Foles, guaranteed!  Only problem is what will Broncos give up in return or even Browns who have stockpile of picks.  But from Foles perspective, where would you rather go out of those 3 teams ; )

You still also have to factor in what happens with Kirk Cousins. I honestly feel sorry for Foles to an extent because he could easily go from Superbowl MVP to trying to lead that dumpster fire of a franchise in Cleveland if the Eagles get a good enough offer there.

My guess would be that Cousins signs up with Denver because John Elway just has a way with QB's. And then Foles ultimately ends up in Cleveland after they pony up a pair of early 2nd rounders for him between this year and next year. 

I am sure he would rather play in Jacksonville. And you would think the Eagles would do him a favor and set him up after he won them a Superbowl with the best team available on the market if the deals are close or favorable but it's still a business at the end of the day. 

Here's another thought. Carson Wentz injured his ACL in November. He may not even be ready to go by pre season let alone the regular season. So they may not even want to ship him off since they want to keep winning more football games. And who could blame them?

(02-05-2018, 10:32 AM)KingJones Wrote: Jags will go after Foles, guaranteed!  Only problem is what will Broncos give up in return or even Browns who have stockpile of picks.  But from Foles perspective, where would you rather go out of those 3 teams ; )

Foles doesn't have a choice, he is under contract so for the Eagles the choice is purely who provides the best compensation.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(02-05-2018, 11:23 AM)DangerousBoy Wrote:

Foles doesn't have a choice, he is under contract so for the Eagles the choice is purely who provides the best compensation.

True. But I would hope if compensation is similar, they'd ask Foles if he has a preference .
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If Foles is on the Eagles roster in 2019 he automatically becomes a free agent so they'll have to trade him between now and the trade deadline next season.

(02-05-2018, 01:59 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: See post #328 of the Super Bowl game day thread on why acquiring Foles is stupid.

Because you've got a disturbing man crush for Cousins?

Third round pick for Foles would be fine.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 12:34 PM by JNev.)

So between Foles and Cousins, if two teams grab them that’s two teams not drafting a QB. Not even considering Teddy, Keenum, or Tyrod could be starters somewhere. That’s raising the chances that Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold could fall into range for a trade up. Or Allen, Jackson, or Rudolph fall to us in the 2nd...