Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles' Trade Value

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 12:44 PM by Scarecrow.)

I would trade our 2nd and 3rd for Foles. They are both late in the round picks this year.

Foles is an immediate upgrade.

(02-05-2018, 08:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Peyton is the only QB to win a SB with 2 teams. You really think Foles will be the second?

Yes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2018, 08:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Peyton is the only QB to win a SB with 2 teams. You really think Foles will be the second?

That achievement is often overstated.  Most QB's stay with one team their entire career, thus making the achievement impossible for them.  Unless Brady leaves the Patriots, for example, he can't win a super bowl for two different teams.  

Let's take a look at all the Super Bowl Winning QB's going all the way back to Bart Starr.

There are 32 QB's who've won a Super Bowl.

The following never played (so far) for more than one team:
Russell Wilson
Joe Flacco
Aaron Rodgers
Phil Simms
Joe Theismann
Bart Starr
Eli Manning
Ben Rothlisberger
Bob Griese
Roger Staubach
John Elway
Troy Aikman
Tom Brady
Terry Bradshaw

So already you have 43.75% of Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks staying with one team their entire career.  Leaving just 18 QB's that could have done it.

But then let's ALSO remove QB's who didn't win with their first teams, thus making the feat impossible for them as well.

The following only won a Super Bowl on their LAST team:
Drew Brees
Steve Young
Doug Williams
Len Dawson
Jim Plunkett

That's another 15.62%.  A total of 19 QB's out of 32 that couldn't have done it.  

Meaning a total of 13 total QB's who could have possibly done it.  Which btw includes Foles, who could be included in the last group currently.  

Of the remaining 12, 2 played just 1 season for another team:
Johnny Unitas - 1
Joe Namath - 1

Leaving just 10 QB's who could reasonably be expected to win a Super Bowl with multiple teams:
Jim McMahon - 8
Trent Dilfer - 8
Mark Rypien - 7
Kurt Warner - 6
Jeff Hostetler - 6
Ken Stabler - 5
Brad Johnson - 4
Peyton Manning - 4
Brett Favre - 3
Joe Montana - 2

That's a pretty limited window for most of them.  The accomplishment isn't really that impossible.  It's only been done once because few have truly had the opportunity.

Yikes. A lot of you want to trade for Foles? Maybe the system they run in Philly has a role to play in his game? Foles played very well. No doubt. But QBs can get hot. You guys wanna trade for Flacco?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:05 PM by wrong_box.)

(02-05-2018, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I would give up the 61st overall pick of the 2nd RD and not even think twice about it for him. At the minimum you're replacing Chad Henne. And do you want to talk about pressure and competition? Blake Bortles' [BLEEP] would be set alight with Nick Foles breathing on his neck. Someone comes out of that as a top tier QB and takes advantage of this defense.

Foles contract is beyond affordable. And you're giving a low 2nd RD pick for the potential to replace your QB if need be. Target a TE in RD1 or RD3. Maybe that Hurst kid out of SC or even pick up Jimmy Graham  from SEA if they don't retain him. And then look to bolster the offensive line some more.

You could maybe workout a stipulation too where if Foles starts in a play off game in 2018 they'll get another 2nd RD pick in 2019. Just to sweeten the pot a little if there's a bidding war for him.

I agree but I have never understood the fascination with trading away your good players...It seems every time we get someone good, someone wants to trade them rather than keep them...I understand wanting to better the roster, but the very most important position is QB...If you are set at the QB position with a  superbowl winning MVP QB why would you trade him rather than keep him especially if he's cheap? I would rather be set at QB for the foreseeable future rather than trade away someone who has proven to be an asset unless he commanded a kings ransom...I might even trade Carson instead of Foles...I would make that trade since its not us losing him though

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:07 PM by wrong_box.)

(02-05-2018, 01:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yikes. A lot of you want to trade for Foles? Maybe the system they run in Philly has a role to play in his game? Foles played very well. No doubt. But QBs can get hot. You guys wanna trade for Flacco?

well at the very least, he would replace Henne...I would rather Foles have to step in due to injury than Henne

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:28 PM by The Real Marty.)

I saw Foles make throws last night that I don't think Blake will ever be able to make.   I would consider him a serious upgrade.   I wouldn't be heartbroken if we went with Blake next year, but if it looks like we have an opportunity to upgrade the QB spot with Foles, I think I would do it.

I think I would give a 2nd round pick for him.  Remember, our 2nd round pick is very late in the round.  PLUS, Foles' contract for 2018 is $7 million, vs Blake's $19 million.

(02-05-2018, 02:06 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yikes. A lot of you want to trade for Foles? Maybe the system they run in Philly has a role to play in his game? Foles played very well. No doubt. But QBs can get hot. You guys wanna trade for Flacco?

well at the very least, he would replace Henne...I would rather Foles have to step in due to injury than Henne
I understand that but you're not giving up a 2nd rounder for a backup. Trading a 2nd rounder and then hoping you get playoff run Foles is a big gamble.

(02-05-2018, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:06 PM)wrong_box Wrote: well at the very least, he would replace Henne...I would rather Foles have to step in due to injury than Henne
I understand that but you're not giving up a 2nd rounder for a backup. Trading a 2nd rounder and then hoping you get playoff run Foles is a big gamble.

Not sure how that's so hard for people to understand .
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-05-2018, 03:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I understand that but you're not giving up a 2nd rounder for a backup. Trading a 2nd rounder and then hoping you get playoff run Foles is a big gamble.

Foles clearly plays well in the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson offense.

I wanted to sign Foles in the offseason as competition for Bortles, so I'd be fine with giving up a pick to get him. I like him way better than the other veteran options out there. I truly believe Foles would be a guy who can take us to the next level.

Foles won a Super Bowl that means he good. Please trade all 2018 draft picks for him. Chaaaaaammmmmmmpppiiiooonnnnssshhiiiipppppp

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 03:39 PM by RicoTx.)

Foles had one good year in Chip Kelly's gimmicky offense.  Then was average to bad in his last year in Philly, in St. Louis, and in KC.  He was going to be out of football if the Eagles hadn't signed him as a backup.  Then he has a good performance in the playoffs after stinking up the joint in his last two regular season game this year.  Now people want to sign him.  And people gripe about Bortles' being inconsistent.  You people crack me up.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-05-2018, 03:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Foles won a Super Bowl that means he good. Please trade all 2018 draft picks for him. Chaaaaaammmmmmmpppiiiooonnnnssshhiiiipppppp

Very happy we aren't having this conversation about Keenum.

(02-05-2018, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I saw Foles make throws last night that I don't think Blake will ever be able to make.   I would consider him a serious upgrade.   I wouldn't be heartbroken if we went with Blake next year, but if it looks like we have an opportunity to upgrade the QB spot with Foles, I think I would do it.

I think I would give a 2nd round pick for him.  Remember, our 2nd round pick is very late in the round.  PLUS, Foles' contract for 2018 is $7 million, vs Blake's $19 million.

The team is in love with Blake. They are not going to upgrade.

(02-05-2018, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:06 PM)wrong_box Wrote: well at the very least, he would replace Henne...I would rather Foles have to step in due to injury than Henne
so is rolling with Bortles, it would be nice to have a proven QB sitting behind him and be in no danger of being QB needy if they decide to [BLEEP] can Bortles 
(02-05-2018, 03:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I understand that but you're not giving up a 2nd rounder for a backup. Trading a 2nd rounder and then hoping you get playoff run Foles is a big gamble.

I understand we may not have "Good Blake" or "Better Blake"next year and it sure would be nice to be able to bench him for Foles if he plays like [BLEEP]
(02-05-2018, 03:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 03:05 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Not sure how that's so hard for people to understand .
Foles clearly plays well in the Andy Reid/Doug Pederson offense.

I would assume in our run first offense he could hand off good enough and make the occasional throw

(02-05-2018, 03:45 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I saw Foles make throws last night that I don't think Blake will ever be able to make.   I would consider him a serious upgrade.   I wouldn't be heartbroken if we went with Blake next year, but if it looks like we have an opportunity to upgrade the QB spot with Foles, I think I would do it.

The team is in love with Blake. They are not going to upgrade.

Should work for you.  It'll give you something to complain about.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-05-2018, 03:38 PM)Rico Wrote: Foles had one good year in Chip Kelly's gimmicky offense.  Then was average to bad in his last year in Philly, in St. Louis, and in KC.  He was going to be out of football if the Eagles hadn't signed him as a backup.  Then he has a good performance in the playoffs after stinking up the joint in his last two regular season game this year.  Now people want to sign him.  And people gripe about Bortles' being inconsistent.  You people crack me up.

I would be ok with signing him as a back up, at least he would be an upgrade there and maybe he would surpass Bortles and they [BLEEP] can him...I dont see any downside to trading for him

Is there any way that Foles agent can make it harder for the Eagles to keep him? I know he’s still got a year left on his current contract, but that Superbowl MVP he collected last night has to give him some kind of leverage no?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(02-05-2018, 04:00 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Is there any way that Foles agent can make it harder for the Eagles to keep him? I know he’s still got a year left on his current contract, but that Superbowl MVP he collected last night has to give him some kind of leverage no?

Yes, Super Bowl MVP means you automatically become an elite QB. Get him at all cost.

(02-05-2018, 04:01 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 04:00 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Is there any way that Foles agent can make it harder for the Eagles to keep him? I know he’s still got a year left on his current contract, but that Superbowl MVP he collected last night has to give him some kind of leverage no?

Yes, Super Bowl MVP means you automatically become an elite QB. Get him at all cost.

I never said either of those things, but ok.
Jaguars Fundamentalist