Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
i Know but

This Superbowl was ours and got taken from us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yup.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Nope.

Our team and coaching staff bottled away a 4th quarter lead.

(02-05-2018, 06:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: Nope.

I think that's a fair statement. Regardless of the fact that the stripes clearly had it out for us in that game the bottom line is that we didn't get creative enough and aggressive enough to stave them off in the 4th quarter. I know we can harp on the non PI calls on back to back drives for Lewis but we simply didn't overcome those obstacles. 

Pederson showed you how it's done last night with that victory over the Patriots. His receiver gets mugged in the endzone on 3rd down. Refs don't give them the PI call which they rightfully deserved. So he says "[BLEEP] it.... let's go for it with this reverse pass to Foles". And it looked very similar to the trick play Oklahoma ran against Georgia in that first half close to half time. 

You have to give credit where it's due. I was a little disappointed to see them continue to run it as much as they did into a wall of defenders in that game. And I was surprised they didn't let Bortles get more creative with his own legs on some of those plays. They got away from the Corey Grant plays too. 

Hopefully they get more aggressive this year and start to trust Bortles with the football through the air. If they can't trust him then they need to replace him.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I look at that game as a learning experience for both our players and coaches. With that said, Foles is a more dynamic QB. He makes better reads and throws more accurately.

Jack should have never got whistled dead. He should of scored. Game over.

And I think we would have held Foles in check with our defense. We should be the 2017 Super Bowl Champs.

Would Petersen have been that ballsy if he didn’t witness how being conservative screwed the Jags 2 weeks before?

(02-05-2018, 07:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I look at that game as a learning experience for both our players and coaches. With that said, Foles is a more dynamic QB. He makes better reads and throws more accurately.

No denying that. He was spot on with two major TD passes last night. The one to Clements in triple coverage was insane. And he was making a few passes that you expect out of an elite QB. Even the one INT he threw wasn't really on him. That was just a tip drill gone wrong. 

He did what had to be done. He played lights out against the Vikings and just really out did himself last night. I still give major respect to Doug Pederson for having the balls to stay aggressive and let Foles ball out the way he did. That's how winning is done.

(02-05-2018, 07:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 06:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: Nope.

I think that's a fair statement. Regardless of the fact that the stripes clearly had it out for us in that game the bottom line is that we didn't get creative enough and aggressive enough to stave them off in the 4th quarter.

They're both fair statements. The Jaguars could have done more to score, and to stop the Patriots at key points in the game.

But it is an undeniable truth that in a game that was decided by four points, seven points were stolen from the Jaguars by bad officiating (the Jack touchdown) and at least seven were gifted to the Patriots by bad (or at the very least unbalanced) calls that kept drives alive for them (while the Jaguars never got equivalent calls/non-calls).

So yes, the Jaguars could still have overcome that to win the game. But they were playing in a situation which was equivalent to the game starting with the score at NE 14 - 0 JAC. Fix either of those, and the Jaguars are in the Superbowl.

Jags are no doubt a more talented team than NE but that's why they play the games. Even if we'd gotten there, I still think the Philly game would have been a tough one, their offense just seems to be humming along.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Puppy Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-05-2018, 08:12 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 07:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think that's a fair statement. Regardless of the fact that the stripes clearly had it out for us in that game the bottom line is that we didn't get creative enough and aggressive enough to stave them off in the 4th quarter.

They're both fair statements. The Jaguars could have done more to score, and to stop the Patriots at key points in the game.

But it is an undeniable truth that in a game that was decided by four points, seven points were stolen from the Jaguars by bad officiating (the Jack touchdown) and at least seven were gifted to the Patriots by bad (or at the very least unbalanced) calls that kept drives alive for them (while the Jaguars never got equivalent calls/non-calls).

So yes, the Jaguars could still have overcome that to win the game. But they were playing in a situation which was equivalent to the game starting with the score at NE 14 - 0 JAC. Fix either of those, and the Jaguars are in the Superbowl.
Saying the super bowl was taken from us when we are the ones who threw it away isn't a fair or even correct statement. 

The reality is the Jags were on top in the 4th despite some poor calls and had the win in sight. All we needed was a handful of plays (3rd and 18) and we would have won.  Didn't execute.  

Refs didn't lose us the game (they certainly didn't help us) , conditions didn't lose us the game, the pats excellent play didn't lose us the game. Just us.

Marrone could of learned a lot from Pederson last night

(02-05-2018, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Marrone could of learned a lot from Pederson last night

This. Honestly, even IF the Jags had found a way past the Pats, I don't know if they would've beaten the Eagles with a conservative 2nd-half mindset....Pederson and co. were resolved to take risks time and time again, which, on the biggest stage in football, is kinda what's needed to win.

That, and I think we just watched Foles play his greatest game yet. Maybe he didn't throw seven touchdowns, but he kept the offense marching down the field, and never panicked. That interception was absurd and shouldn't have happened.

(02-05-2018, 08:30 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 08:12 AM)iapetus Wrote: They're both fair statements. The Jaguars could have done more to score, and to stop the Patriots at key points in the game.

Saying the super bowl was taken from us when we are the ones who threw it away isn't a fair or even correct statement. 

The reality is the Jags were on top in the 4th despite some poor calls and had the win in sight. All we needed was a handful of plays (3rd and 18) and we would have won.  Didn't execute.  

Refs didn't lose us the game (they certainly didn't help us) , conditions didn't lose us the game, the pats excellent play didn't lose us the game. Just us.

Again, this is wrong. The combination of these things lost us the game. That lack of execution wouldn't have mattered if the correct call had been made on the fumble recovery and the Jaguar were up by an extra seven points. And bear in mind that there were cases where the execution for stopping the Patriots was perfect, but negated by bad calls.

I say we bitterly dwell on the past. That will make everything better.

(02-05-2018, 09:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I say we bitterly dwell on the past. That will make everything better.

I second this motion.

Step one: make account on patriots board.
Step two: make as many terrible comments as you can about refs, Brady, and how karma sux.
Step three: beat the dead horse until you get banned
Step four: repeat one through three until you feel better or the new season starts.

Joe Montana will always be the greatest of all time.

Sacksonville would not have allowed 38 and 41 points against Nick Foles. I feel confident about that.

But yeah, Marrone getting conservative on both sides was the wrong move. Pederson goes for the kill and that is how you have to play.

(02-05-2018, 09:08 AM)iapetus Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 08:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: Saying the super bowl was taken from us when we are the ones who threw it away isn't a fair or even correct statement. 

Again, this is wrong. The combination of these things lost us the game. That lack of execution wouldn't have mattered if the correct call had been made on the fumble recovery and the Jaguar were up by an extra seven points. And bear in mind that there were cases where the execution for stopping the Patriots was perfect, but negated by bad calls.
See I'm looking at what DID happen.  Despite the calls we were winning with a quarter to go, then awful execution led to us losing.  

That's the important part to me and the part that ultimately decided the game. You can play the what if game on the Jack fumble all offseason if you want but the truth is we lost it.  

And I'll leave it at that because dwelling on that loss ain't fun.