Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
i Know but

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 10:37 AM by Upper.)

It's a lot easier to complain about things out of your control than admit you didn't do enough about the things that were under your control. That's an epidemic across all of society right now no doubt.

I hope we aren't doing this all offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone is scared of his own shadow, while Pederson has a pair of balls...big difference.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-05-2018, 10:37 AM)Upper Wrote: It's a lot easier to complain about things out of your control than admit you didn't do enough about the things that were under your control. That's an epidemic across all of society right now no doubt.

Agree.  We had to put the foot down and be aggressive for the whole game and we didn't.  Eagles won because they didn't let up.  Refs didn't help but you had to know going in you had to WIN the game not survive the game.  This team needs to learn from it and improve greatly in the offseason.  We have to make solid decisions.

I don't think we would have beaten the Eagles because of our offensive trends.  We don't have the guards to win in the run game.  We don't have a TE to take pressure off the outside receivers.  We need some upgrades and healing to our players.  If we are stuck with Bortles, I really hope the surgery fixes his grip and accounts for some of the inconsistent throws.  Color me skeptical but we shall see.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-05-2018, 10:37 AM)Upper Wrote: It's a lot easier to complain about things out of your control than admit you didn't do enough about the things that were under your control. That's an epidemic across all of society right now no doubt.

I understand and i think it will slow down and eventually end.

Now that the season is officially over and the off season things begin(like FA and the draft), i think people will slowly move on from the game. But i think, to many, it is still a little bit of a fresh wound. And having to watch a team play in a game that, a lot of people on this board and in this community believe, wrongfully snubbed our home team the opportunity, IMO, rehash a few of the feelings from two weeks ago. Whether you think that the jag team, coaching, or the refs were to blame for our loss, that is just what i think a lot of people feel at this point.

Plus i think complaining about the fact people are complaining is a but hypocritical, isn't it?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 11:55 AM by BritJag.)

In my view, Upper's take wasn't a complaint. He posited that deflecting negative outcomes to sources out of one's control is an issue that is rampant in current times. Look within, determine means of change. Avoid focusing on others to explain the reasons for setbacks...as there are always a plethora of outside factors to point to.

It's logical, and I agree. Read up on 'Rational Emotive Therapy'.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(02-05-2018, 11:51 AM)BritJag Wrote: In my view, Upper's take wasn't a complaint. He posited that deflecting negative outcomes to sources out of one's control is an issue that is rampant in current times. Look within, determine means of change. Avoid focusing on others to explain the reasons for setbacks...as there are always a plethora of outside factors to point to.

It's logical, and I agree. Read up on 'Rational Emotive Therapy'.
 I agree with this.  And I believe that in every day life this is absolutely true. But in the world of sports, there will always be those outside/uncontrollable factors that people will find a way to blame  for short comings and losses.  Not to mention, in sports, the game it's self is also out of the fans control.  The unfortunate variables in this particular situation also give these kinds of people a lot of ammunition.  Maybe "complaining" was not the right word to use.

(02-05-2018, 10:08 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: Sacksonville would not have allowed 38 and 41 points against Nick Foles. I feel confident about that.

But yeah, Marrone getting conservative on both sides was the wrong move. Pederson goes for the kill and that is how you have to play.

We allowed 42 to the Steelers. 

So even on a bad day this defense can get carved.

Puppy Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-05-2018, 07:47 AM)jaglyn Wrote: Would Petersen have been that ballsy if he didn’t witness how being conservative screwed the Jags 2 weeks before?

Yes he would have.

He's an aggressive and intelligent play caller.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:00 PM by iapetus.)

(02-05-2018, 10:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: See I'm looking at what DID happen.

So am I. You'd be crazy to say that the Jaguars couldn't have won if they'd performed better on offence or defence late in the game (when you know that they could have).

You'd also be crazy to say you should just forget officiating causing a 14-point swing in a 4-point game.

I've always been the first to say that the best way to deal with officials gifting the other team a touchdown or taking away one of yours is simple; just score another one. If you don't do that, then at the end of the day you lose. But don't ignore the fact that bad officiating swung that game by more points than the final differential. Because if you ignore either side of the equation, then frankly you're not looking at what DID happen.

(02-05-2018, 01:59 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 10:30 AM)JackCity Wrote: See I'm looking at what DID happen.

So am I. You'd be crazy to say that the Jaguars couldn't have won if they'd performed better on offence or defence late in the game (when you know that they could have).

You'd also be crazy to say you should just forget officiating causing a 14-point swing in a 4-point game.

I've always been the first to say that the best way to deal with officials gifting the other team a touchdown or taking away one of yours is simple; just score another one. If you don't do that, then at the end of the day you lose. But don't ignore the fact that bad officiating swung that game by more points than the final differential. Because if you ignore either side of the equation, then frankly you're not looking at what DID happen.

Exactly! Had we lost by 21 points and had a couple calls go against us, oh well. But the way we lost is so frustrating. The non calls for holding make it seem like we werent being aggresive enough when in reality those non calls stopped drives in the fourth quarter when we were moving the ball to potentially score more points. I really wanted the PATS to win just so we would have that extra chip on our shoulder to beat the brakes off them next year!

The Jags weren't ready. Probably don't have the right QB, defense got full of themselves, situational play calling was terrible, etc... Even if we'd held on against New England, we probably lose to the Eagles yesterday IMO. Appreciate and celebrate the season for what it was, and get ready for an exciting offseason and exciting schedule of home games next year. It's time to move on.

(02-05-2018, 03:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The Jags weren't ready.  Probably don't have the right QB, defense got full of themselves, situational play calling was terrible, etc...    Even if we'd held on against New England, we probably lose to the Eagles yesterday IMO.  Appreciate and celebrate the season for what it was, and get ready for an exciting offseason and exciting schedule of home games next year.  It's time to move on.

Yeah. My thoughts as well.  ^

Could the Jags have beaten the pats if a few calls go differently and they don't go into "safe mode" in the second half?
Yes. Probably. 

But those things happened, and a better team that was more prepared might overcome them. 

I expect the 2018 Jags to be a better team, and they were pretty damn good in '17.

(02-05-2018, 05:01 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: This Superbowl was ours and got taken from us.

We need to pull a UCF and put up a Championship banner !!!

(02-05-2018, 03:27 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The Jags weren't ready.  Probably don't have the right QB, defense got full of themselves, situational play calling was terrible, etc...    Even if we'd held on against New England, we probably lose to the Eagles yesterday IMO.  Appreciate and celebrate the season for what it was, and get ready for an exciting offseason and exciting schedule of home games next year.  It's time to move on.

Yep. This year will be better.

The Eagles dominated both lines. They ran when they wanted to run. Foles had all day to throw the ball. The Patriots defense dominated the Jags oline in the 2nd half. They shut down the running game. Blake was getting pressured, hit and sacked in the 2nd half. They say games are won in the trenches and that is why we lost and the Eagles beat them.

(02-05-2018, 07:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 06:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: Nope.

Our team and coaching staff bottled away a 4th quarter lead.

I think that's a fair statement. Regardless of the fact that the stripes clearly had it out for us in that game the bottom line is that we didn't get creative enough and aggressive enough to stave them off in the 4th quarter. I know we can harp on the non PI calls on back to back drives for Lewis but we simply didn't overcome those obstacles. 

Pederson showed you how it's done last night with that victory over the Patriots. His receiver gets mugged in the endzone on 3rd down. Refs don't give them the PI call which they rightfully deserved. So he says "[BLEEP] it.... let's go for it with this reverse pass to Foles". And it looked very similar to the trick play Oklahoma ran against Georgia in that first half close to half time. 

You have to give credit where it's due. I was a little disappointed to see them continue to run it as much as they did into a wall of defenders in that game. And I was surprised they didn't let Bortles get more creative with his own legs on some of those plays. They got away from the Corey Grant plays too. 

Hopefully they get more aggressive this year and start to trust Bortles with the football through the air. If they can't trust him then they need to replace him.
Since you mentioned Fornette running into a wall, I just wondered if anyone else noticed how easily the Eagles were gashing the pats compared to us. Is Fornette just not that good?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 05:10 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(02-05-2018, 04:57 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 07:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think that's a fair statement. Regardless of the fact that the stripes clearly had it out for us in that game the bottom line is that we didn't get creative enough and aggressive enough to stave them off in the 4th quarter. I know we can harp on the non PI calls on back to back drives for Lewis but we simply didn't overcome those obstacles. 

Pederson showed you how it's done last night with that victory over the Patriots. His receiver gets mugged in the endzone on 3rd down. Refs don't give them the PI call which they rightfully deserved. So he says "[BLEEP] it.... let's go for it with this reverse pass to Foles". And it looked very similar to the trick play Oklahoma ran against Georgia in that first half close to half time. 

You have to give credit where it's due. I was a little disappointed to see them continue to run it as much as they did into a wall of defenders in that game. And I was surprised they didn't let Bortles get more creative with his own legs on some of those plays. They got away from the Corey Grant plays too. 

Hopefully they get more aggressive this year and start to trust Bortles with the football through the air. If they can't trust him then they need to replace him.
Since you mentioned Fornette running into a wall, I just wondered if anyone else noticed how easily the Eagles were gashing the pats compared to us. Is Fornette just not that good?

The iggles have the #1 Offensive line and they made holes that you could drive a truck through. This is the one part of the Offense we need to fix. And having a offensive line guru as your head coach our line should look like the iggels line.

(02-05-2018, 08:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Jags are no doubt a more talented team than NE but that's why they play the games. Even if we'd gotten there, I still think the Philly game would have been a tough one, their offense just seems to be humming along.

I agree.  After watching them last night, they didn’t hold back at all.  I’m not sure it would’ve ended well for the Jags.  I don’t think they would’ve been able to keep up for 4 quarters offensively.

(02-05-2018, 05:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 08:17 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Jags are no doubt a more talented team than NE but that's why they play the games. Even if we'd gotten there, I still think the Philly game would have been a tough one, their offense just seems to be humming along.

I agree.  After watching them last night, they didn’t hold back at all.  I’m not sure it would’ve ended well for the Jags.  I don’t think they would’ve been able to keep up for 4 quarters offensively.

Why? we did against the steelers. And i think our defense would have handled the eagles much better then the pats did.