Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pats @ Jags - Opening SNF or MNF ???

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 05:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Just a thought ...

Now that the Pats are not going to be hosting the Thursday Night NFL Opening Game, it's possible (not probable) they schedule the Pats @ Jags or perhaps Steelers @ Jags for the opener on Sunday Night or Monday Night.   I'd love to have the 7pm MNF kickoff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not sure we will get much love this year. I am betting that we will get snubbed until we do it again.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-05-2018, 05:17 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I am not sure we will get much love this year. I am betting that we will get snubbed until we do it again.

I think we also have the fact that no one else in the AFC is really all that interesting/contenders outside of us, NE, and PIT. KC will probably take a step back, OAK was so bad last year that they're not gonna get much national hype, TEN is as boring as it gets, HOU maybe, but idk. BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, CIN are all either not good or boring as well.

We have a defense full of swagger and Leonard Fournette is a pretty high profile player on offense as well.

Puppy Bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 06:58 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I doubt we open up against them on opening weekend. If the league expects both teams to be good again next year I'd think the game would be played in November or December when a clearer picture of seeding is developing. Opening night Thursday, however, will be the Eagles hosting someone and that someone is usually a team the defending champions played in the playoffs the previous year. They have Minnesota on their home schedule next year so my guess for that game would be Eagles hosting Minnesota. Could be the Falcons as well though, but the Vikings makes more sense to me. Either way, they're not gonna have all these marquee non-divisional playoff rematches happen on the same weekend.

Eagles won the SB and will be opening up over on the schedule on 9/6/18 on NBC and may face either the Patriots as that would be a dream to do or the Vikings?!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

I'm hoping for a Sunday night game opening weekend. Definitely flying out from Cali for that!

(02-05-2018, 07:07 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Eagles won the SB and will be opening up over on the schedule on 9/6/18 on NBC and may face either the Patriots as that would be a dream to do or the Vikings?!

They don't have the Patriots on their schedule next year.

(02-05-2018, 05:17 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I am not sure we will get much love this year. I am betting that we will get snubbed until we do it again.

I'm thinking we will get alot of love. The networks gave us alot as the season went on and into the playoffs. The team is young with alot of swag and good. Pittsburgh Jags ratings were through the roof. The NFL knows that

I dunno. I doubt we get SNF. NBC hates us about as much as the actual NFL does. We will probably get 3 or less, we get a TNF game back and probably 1 or 2 MNF games.

(02-06-2018, 01:00 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I dunno. I doubt we get SNF. NBC hates us about as much as the actual NFL does. We will probably get 3 or less, we get a TNF game back and probably 1 or 2 MNF games.

Watch we're getting sunday or monday night opening weekend

I would love to play the pats or pit on Sunday or Monday night week one.

I’m curious as to how season ticket holders feel about night games. I could care less about the national spotlight and hate sitting around all day waiting for kickoff. By the time the game ends and you fight traffic it is past midnight when you get home. Give me 1 o’clock kick offs all season long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-06-2018, 04:50 AM)copycat Wrote: I’m curious as to how season ticket holders feel about night games.   I could care less about the national spotlight and hate sitting around all day waiting for kickoff. By the time the game ends and you fight traffic it is past midnight when you get home.  Give me 1 o’clock kick offs all season long.

Night games by nature kind of suck when you have a 2-8 record and are facing the Titans on a Thursday night.  HOWEVER, when you're winning and the Steelers or Pats come to town, give me a night game where everyone's BAC is greater than 0.20.   The night games vs the Steelers were classic.  The Jags 9-0 win over the Steelers years ago was so loud; I don't think any of the fans sat down during any part of the game.  My college roommate in Pittsburgh flew down for the game and stated that he's never seen anything like it.

(02-06-2018, 02:36 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 01:00 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I dunno. I doubt we get SNF. NBC hates us about as much as the actual NFL does. We will probably get 3 or less, we get a TNF game back and probably 1 or 2 MNF games.

Watch we're getting sunday or monday night opening weekend

Minnesota and NO Saints were both NFC division winners and played a classic playoff game.

They have to face each other this year. 

I could see that  matchup as being one of the MARQUEE games on primetime, possibly opening weekend.

(02-06-2018, 11:11 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 02:36 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Watch we're getting sunday or monday night opening weekend

Minnesota and NO Saints were both NFC division winners and played a classic playoff game.

I could see that  matchup as being one of the MARQUEE games on primetime, possibly opening weekend.
Don't they usually double up on Monday Night? A game at 6 and a game at 10? I could be wrong.

Minny vs Saints will definitely be one to watch.

(02-06-2018, 11:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:11 AM)jagherd Wrote: Minnesota and NO Saints were both NFC division winners and played a classic playoff game.

Don't they usually double up on Monday Night? A game at 6 and a game at 10? I could be wrong.

Idk. I've seen them double up on MNF before when there's West coast teams imvolved.

But I'm not sure if it's been opening weekend, I can't recall. You may be right about that.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM by Adam2012.)

(02-06-2018, 11:16 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don't they usually double up on Monday Night? A game at 6 and a game at 10? I could be wrong.

Idk. I've seen them double up on MNF before when there's West coast teams imvolved.

But I'm not sure if it's been opening weekend, I can't recall. You may be right about that.

Yes, they double up on the first MNF game. Because of the time frames for the east coast the second game is always a west coast game. 

Two games: 7 pm and 10:30 pm, Eastern time, I believe.

(02-06-2018, 04:50 AM)copycat Wrote: I’m curious as to how season ticket holders feel about night games.   I could care less about the national spotlight and hate sitting around all day waiting for kickoff. By the time the game ends and you fight traffic it is past midnight when you get home.  Give me 1 o’clock kick offs all season long.

I tend to agree. As a STH I'm not thrilled with the night games because of work the next day. But that's the price of success and I can go with that.

Imagine being a Patriots fan. They probably play at most one or two 1:00 games a year. Everything else is the late game (4:00) or a night games. And it gets cold there.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Stop with the Jags self-pity. NBC hates the Jags. Based on what? That the 3-13 Jaguars haven't been on Sunday Night Football.

Yeah, the NFL should demand that the league's smallest market with a history of suckyness should be on prime time at least three or four times a year.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Wonder why NBC hated us, we probably brought in the ratings back in 2011 and 2015 when (in each of the 2 games) we were losing to both the Titans and Falcons 27-0 in the 1st half --- at least we were consistent.  I'm sure the other games weren't much better but those stuck out to me.