Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US Born Citizen kills 4 with AR-15

(02-14-2018, 10:10 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 09:53 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Explain how we have an easier access to guns and how that causes more deaths and I'll give my opinion.

I find this subject fascinating, again because I don't live in a country that has the same laws at the US do regarding firearms.. I found this:

What are gun laws in the US?

The Second Amendment of the US Constitution states: “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
The US, which has less than five per cent of the world's population, has between 35 to 50 per cent of the world's civilian-owned guns.
America also has the highest homicide-by-firearm rate among the world’s most developed nations.
Federal law sets the minimum standards for firearm regulation in the United States, but individual states have their own laws.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4593169/uk...on-public/

Surely that would suggest guns are easier to get hold of when compared to a lot of other nations?

Not sure I can disagree that they're easier to get than other countries because I'm unfamiliar with the standards of other countries. 

What I do disagree with is that the easier access to guns leads to more violence as was suggested. Naturally, we're going to have the highest homicide-by-gun rate when we own the most guns. The article didn't talk about what the highest homicide-by-gun rate was, however, so I can't really decipher the statistics. Most of the time, they use gun deaths; I couldn't find homicide-by-gun rate.

When you eliminate suicides and gang-related deaths, then our gun deaths are in-line with many European countries. Ultimately, when you don't plan on killing yourself or engage in gang activity, then the odds of getting shot are about as high as any other country. Then I'd argue that gang-related deaths are more of a court system issue than the guns themselves. These problems could be solved by a better rehabilitation system or housing the criminals for longer periods of times. Too often we release hardened criminals after only a short period of time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Born Citizen kills 4 with AR-15 - by FBT - 02-06-2018, 12:23 PM
RE: US Born Citizen kills 4 with AR-15 - by Kane - 02-09-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: US Born Citizen kills 4 with AR-15 - by JagNGeorgia - 02-14-2018, 10:29 PM