Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We're Still In it

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 07:47 AM by The Real Marty.)

If you look at the standings, the Texans are 4-3 in first place and we are 2-4 in last place.  So we are one game behind in the loss column with 10 games to play.  

In my opinion, there is a lot of talent on this team, and if they could ever get things together, they could win a lot of games. 

I think this is why we will not see a coaching change in the immediate future.   Shad Khan said he expects winning football this year, and right now, we're 2-4 with 10 games to play. 

The unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the last game are not really a bad sign.   They are a sign of anger and frustration.   That's better than just lying down and accepting things.  The players are angry.  That's probably a good thing. 

I'm probably just getting my hopes up so they can be crushed again

But seriously.  We are are not out of this thing by a long shot. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

10 games left but how many of those can you honestly say the Jags can win? 4 of those games?

Until Thursday.

I just watch the games now with zero expectations...it feels less bad that way.

Have you seen my baseball?

No reason to worry about the playoffs in all honesty. This team would just get wiped up by anyone the played in the first round. Probably should worry about how to play football first. 

The REAL MARTY would never believe this crap!

What happened to the Real Marty?

Ah, yes. The same foolishness we heard last year.

;

;

Quote: 

No worries... starting Tuesday with some optimism is a good thing.  I'd love for the team to pull it together to stick it to us fans.  If sticking it to us is winning well then sure.

Some watch to remember, some watch to forget

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 08:16 AM by BritishJag.)

Division is just 4 putrid teams trying to send a team to the playoffs so t5hry can get embarrassed, same as last year.

Yep. If the Jags can somehow, someway, win their next 2 games and Houston wins next weekend, we'd be 4-4 and Houston would be 5-3 going into our matchup at Everbank. Beat Houston and we're both 5-4, but we own the tiebreaker and our more than likely 1st in the division.

The only way this team is "in it" is if we fire Bradley and promote Marrone. Otherwise, don't waste your energy.

Quote:If you look at the standings, the Texans are 4-3 in first place and we are 2-4 in last place.  So we are one game behind in the loss column with 10 games to play.  

In my opinion, there is a lot of talent on this team, and if they could ever get things together, they could win a lot of games. 

I think this is why we will not see a coaching change in the immediate future.   Shad Khan said he expects winning football this year, and right now, we're 2-4 with 10 games to play. 

The unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the last game are not really a bad sign.   They are a sign of anger and frustration.   That's better than just lying down and accepting things.  The players are angry.  That's probably a good thing. 

But seriously.  We are are not out of this thing by a long shot. 
You're right; mathematically, we're still in contention. However, if you look at our remaining schedule...

tacks...(W/L)

chiefs...(L)

texicans...(L)

lions...(W/L)

bills...(L)

broncos...(L)

vikings...(L)

texicans...(W/L)

tacks...(W/L)

colts...(W/L)

Honestly, how many of those games do you think we have a legitimate shot at winning given how we're looking? We 'might' split with the tacks and colts, maybe (if we're lucky) even with the texicans. We might get lucky with the lions too, but that's about it. That's only five victories out of sixteen games, a 5-11 record, another losing season. It's all the more frustrating given that most agree that the Jags have more than adequate talent on the field now to be contenders... with the possible notable exception being at the quarterback position. I say 'possible' cause it's still possible that Bortles could wake up from this funk he's in and start playing the kind of football we've seen from him before. If that happens real soon, we might do better than 5-11. Otherwise, we very well may do worse than 5-11.

we're still in it if we bench Bortles and start Henne.

Wow, just yesterday I was depressed about the team...but now..

Wait...what were we talking about?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I just love how the negative people automatically assume that they are right and that there's no way we can turn this thing around. You don't know with anymore certainty than I do. Much crazier things have happened.

We have a dopey head coach and the worst QB in the league. The only thing we are in is in contention for abother top 5 pick.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We need the browns to start winning a few.  We have never achieved the pinacle of failure...  The overall first selection in the draft.

The Khan Years

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2016, 08:57 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:We have a dopey head coach and the worst QB in the league. The only thing we are in is in contention for abother top 5 pick.

You're being harsh.  We have the 29th best QB in the league.

Edit:  He's up to 28th

On the positive side, we didn't pay what Houston paid for Osweiler to be 30th.   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I just love how the negative people automatically assume that they are right and that there's no way we can turn this thing around. You don't know with anymore certainty than I do. Much crazier things have happened.
You are completely correct in your observation; no one knows for an absolute certainty what's going to happen, including you. Speaking for myself, I'm basing my opinion on the observation of what has been done in regular season games this year. It is very difficult to make 'over night' dramatic improvements in most things, including football. Given this presupposition, I don't anticipate a winning season this year based on what I've seen on the field so far. Miracles do happen... but not often. 

We have the 1996 Miracle team.  There is a good chance we had our one improbable franchise moment and magic.  There is no pixie dust Wink

The Khan Years