Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Keelan Cole ranks as a top 10 "tight window" WR

Using Next Gen stats, Keelan ranks #9 just behind Theilen and ahead of AJ Green...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-receivers
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like kind of a whacky stat to track.

Especially since it kind of suggests the receiver doesn't get good separation often enough.

Technically tied for 7th Smile

Heard on 1010XL Cole was the Jags leading receiver this year. Somewhere around 800 yds. Lee was #2 with 40-50 yds. less. That's pathetic. Talk all you want about BB5, he didn't have much help from the WRs or TEs. JAX should spend its money on bringing in someone who can stretch the field.

(02-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Heard on 1010XL Cole was the Jags leading receiver this year.  Somewhere around 800 yds.  Lee was #2 with 40-50 yds. less.  That's pathetic.  Talk all you want about BB5, he didn't have much help from the WRs or TEs.  JAX should spend its money on bringing in someone who can stretch the field.

Westbrook runs a 4.34. Cole and Lee aren't exactly slow. Get ARob back out there and you'll see those guys stretching the field on designed routes more. Westbrook and Cole got behind the defense plenty.

As for the "it shows WRs don't get separation" well AB is ranked 6th in the category. Doesn't really support that argument.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 11:36 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Heard on 1010XL Cole was the Jags leading receiver this year.  Somewhere around 800 yds.  Lee was #2 with 40-50 yds. less.  That's pathetic.  Talk all you want about BB5, he didn't have much help from the WRs or TEs.  JAX should spend its money on bringing in someone who can stretch the field.

You do realize Cole only started 6 games as a rookie last year and he almost had 750 yards receiving. He also averaged over 17 yards a reception. That ranked 2nd in the NFL, behind Marvin Jones. If that isn't someone who can stretch the field, I don't know what is.

(02-06-2018, 11:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Westbrook runs a 4.34. Cole and Lee aren't exactly slow. Get ARob back out there and you'll see those guys stretching the field on designed routes more. Westbrook and Cole got behind the defense plenty.

As for the "it shows WRs don't get separation" well AB is ranked 6th in the category. Doesn't really support that argument.

It definitely shows that the receiver isn't getting separation on those 17+ routes required to be considered. There's no argument to be made there. 

Are some receivers better at catching contested balls than others?  Absolutely.  Those players are worthy of recognition. Does this stat show exactly who those receivers are? 

Absolutely not.  It's incomplete data. The way they are compiling this data doesn't tell the whole story.

(02-06-2018, 11:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Westbrook runs a 4.34. Cole and Lee aren't exactly slow. Get ARob back out there and you'll see those guys stretching the field on designed routes more. Westbrook and Cole got behind the defense plenty.

It definitely shows that the receiver isn't getting separation on those 17+ routes required to be considered. There's no argument to be made there. 

Are some receivers better at catching contested balls than others?  Absolutely.  Those players are worthy of recognition. Does this stat show exactly who those receivers are? 

Absolutely not.  It's incomplete data. The way they are compiling this data doesn't tell the whole story.

I agree it's a weird, cherry picked stat .
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-06-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

You do realize Cole only started 6 games as a rookie last year and he almost had 750 yards receiving. He also averaged over 17 yards a reception. That ranked 2nd in the NFL, behind Marvin Jones. If that isn't someone who can stretch the field, I don't know what is.

Yes.  I also think Cole does indeed stretch the field  pretty effectively and Westbrook has the potential to do that as well.  The "stretch the field" issue isn't at receiver here.  

It's the guy throwing the ball and the staff not opening up that part of the playbook very often.

(02-07-2018, 08:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You do realize Cole only started 6 games as a rookie last year and he almost had 750 yards receiving. He also averaged over 17 yards a reception. That ranked 2nd in the NFL, behind Marvin Jones. If that isn't someone who can stretch the field, I don't know what is.

Yes.  I also think Cole does indeed stretch the field  pretty effectively and Westbrook has the potential to do that as well.  The "stretch the field" issue isn't at receiver here.  

It's the guy throwing the ball and the staff not opening up that part of the playbook very often.

Agreed about the guy throwing the ball. That's why the position needs to be addressed. If he can't do it or the coaching staff doesn't trust him to make deep throws, it's time to move on.

(02-07-2018, 08:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You do realize Cole only started 6 games as a rookie last year and he almost had 750 yards receiving. He also averaged over 17 yards a reception. That ranked 2nd in the NFL, behind Marvin Jones. If that isn't someone who can stretch the field, I don't know what is.

We get it you hate Blake man but stop blaming everything on him when he made strides this past season. For God sake we made it to the AFC Championship game and he was a part of it despite what you or others may think of him.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-07-2018, 12:26 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 08:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yes.  I also think Cole does indeed stretch the field  pretty effectively and Westbrook has the potential to do that as well.  The "stretch the field" issue isn't at receiver here.  

We get it you hate Blake man but stop blaming everything on him when he made strides this past season. For God sake we made it to the AFC Championship game and he was a part of it despite what you or others may think of him.

I'm afraid you don't get it.  You don't get it at all. 

I like Blake Bortles. I enjoyed the hell out of watching him step up his game this past season. It was a joy to watch more weeks than not. 

I simply am well aware of the young man's questionable accuracy and general inconsistent performance in many games prior to this past season and his poor performance in 4 or 5 games in 2017. 

If Blake takes another step forward in 2018 then he may be worthy of a large contract to be the Jags franchise QB, but I firmly believe the team would be wise to add competition at a position that was - at times  - a weakness. 

I'd start Blake in 2018 and develop a rookie behind him that might push for his job at a much cheaper salary in 2019.  That's not hate. It's common sense.

I think Westbrook and Cole both take the next step this year. The way Hurns and A Rob did from year 1 to year 2. Maybe not put up the same big numbers but both improve and hit the 1000 yard mark if healthy

(02-07-2018, 10:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Westbrook and Cole both take the next step this year.  The way Hurns and A Rob did from year 1 to year 2.  Maybe not put up the same big numbers but both improve and hit the 1000 yard mark if healthy

Cole maybe, Westbrook I doubt. I do wonder if ARob will be back tho. That would make a huge difference.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Definitely think Arob will be back,I'd love to have all of him,Hurns,Cole,and Westbrook but I just feel Hurns is out which I hate cuz that guy has worked his tail off, is a good player, and is tough.