Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How the Russians are Doing It

"The Hamilton 68 dashboard launched in August to track activity in a network of 600 Twitter accounts identified as being Russian-influenced. Some of those accounts are official Russian state propaganda, like RT or Sputnik; others are bots; and still others are independent voices consistently sympathetic to the Kremlin. While these 600 accounts represent just a fraction of Russian-influenced activity on Twitter, the idea is that they can provide insight into larger Kremlin efforts."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/0...8?lo=ap_d1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 07:17 AM by homebiscuit.)

[Image: a069c9726d6ec8e446780fde46a78062.jpg]

We have a dashboard for how the Democrats are getting their propaganda out as well, it's called the channel guide.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 08:34 AM by homebiscuit.)

(02-07-2018, 07:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We have a dashboard for how the Democrats are getting their propaganda out as well, it's called the channel guide.

It’s only Politico so I just skimmed the article, but the gist is ‘Republicans stupid. Easily manipulated by Russians’.

(02-07-2018, 08:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 07:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We have a dashboard for how the Democrats are getting their propaganda out as well, it's called the channel guide.

It’s only Politico so I just skimmed the article, but the gist is ‘Republicans stupid. Easily manipulated by Russians’.

Lol.  That may be the conclusion you draw from skimming the article, but that's not really what it was about.   The article was about the gathering of evidence showing the process by which the Russian government takes an already polarized issue and gives it a little shove through social media. 

You seem like a very intelligent person, Homebiscuit, so let me ask you a question, with all due respect, and I'm not trying to indict you or trap you into anything, but here is my question.  Do you ever consider how your opinions act as a filter on the information you are willing to consider?  I ask myself that question all the time, and I know I am guilty of doing that- allowing my opinions to influence my input.  How about you?   Do you ever think about that?

(02-07-2018, 08:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

"It's only Politico so I ..."  What does that mean? You were afraid it wouldn't confirm your bias so you only skimmed it? 

You only read stuff that tells you what you already (think) you know?

So where is the "real" journalism? The stuff you actually read. Or do you just skim everything? Surely it's more than Breitbart and Skin-Head Gazette.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-07-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 08:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s only Politico so I just skimmed the article, but the gist is ‘Republicans stupid. Easily manipulated by Russians’.

Lol.  That may be the conclusion you draw from skimming the article, but that's not really what it was about.   The article was about the gathering of evidence showing the process by which the Russian government takes an already polarized issue and gives it a little shove through social media. 

You seem like a very intelligent person, Homebiscuit, so let me ask you a question, with all due respect, and I'm not trying to indict you or trap you into anything, but here is my question.  Do you ever consider how your opinions act as a filter on the information you are willing to consider?  I ask myself that question all the time, and I know I am guilty of doing that- allowing my opinions to influence my input.  How about you?   Do you ever think about that?

I always attempt to maintain objectivity when reading sources, but in this day and age of media politicization it's fairly easy to discern source biases. Politico tacks left. This story explains the use of social media to push agendas, but the overall tone attempts to paint a picture of Republicans getting lathered up over 'deep state' concerns because the Russians are pushing it. Like millions of others who don't use social media, I can see the corruption of the Democrats is clear without Russian Twitter accounts telling me so. Politico is trying to paint a portrait of Republican manipulation in an attempt to minimize leftist machinations. Based on our beliefs, we all interpret stories differently. You see it as validation, I see it as deflection.

You found it Marty. Nevermind the man with the most Twitter followers in the world tweeting about it nevermind all of conservative media tweeting about it and putting it on their stations it had to be some blankety-blank Russian Bots that made hashtag release the memo trending.

(02-07-2018, 09:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Lol.  That may be the conclusion you draw from skimming the article, but that's not really what it was about.   The article was about the gathering of evidence showing the process by which the Russian government takes an already polarized issue and gives it a little shove through social media. 

I always attempt to maintain objectivity when reading sources, but in this day and age of media politicization it's fairly easy to discern source biases. Politico tacks left. This story explains the use of social media to push agendas, but the overall tone attempts to paint a picture of Republicans getting lathered up over 'deep state' concerns because the Russians are pushing it. Like millions of others who don't use social media, I can see the corruption of the Democrats is clear without Russian Twitter accounts telling me so. Politico is trying to paint a portrait of Republican manipulation in an attempt to minimize leftist machinations. Based on our beliefs, we all interpret stories differently. You see it as validation, I see it as deflection.

I popped in here just to say that corruption comes in BOTH red and blue, and anyone who only sees one shade is certainly incapable of objectivity.

(02-08-2018, 10:37 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 09:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I always attempt to maintain objectivity when reading sources, but in this day and age of media politicization it's fairly easy to discern source biases. Politico tacks left. This story explains the use of social media to push agendas, but the overall tone attempts to paint a picture of Republicans getting lathered up over 'deep state' concerns because the Russians are pushing it. Like millions of others who don't use social media, I can see the corruption of the Democrats is clear without Russian Twitter accounts telling me so. Politico is trying to paint a portrait of Republican manipulation in an attempt to minimize leftist machinations. Based on our beliefs, we all interpret stories differently. You see it as validation, I see it as deflection.

I popped in here just to say that corruption comes in BOTH red and blue, and anyone who only sees one shade is certainly incapable of objectivity.

I agree. Now tell Politico that.