Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - The offseason: Running backs

The offseason: Running backs

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...826bc65104

Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton examine the Jaguars’ running back position in this look at the ’18 offseason

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've been waiting for someone to bring up the issues of RB. I think it's an area that needs more consideration in the off season. We have Fournette. Who/what else do we have when Fournette goes out because he does one of his patented spins and twists his ankle? Ivory is gone. I love Grant' s speed, but obviously the coaching staff must think he is a 1 trick pony, or else he would get more carries. And I would have to agree. Grant is fast, but I don't see him being able to do more than hitting an open hole or catching a screen pass and having some open space. And there is Yeldon, who is a "guy". Not a bad player, but always seems 1 arm tackle away from getting lose.

Good offenses obtain and stash away good running backs. I feel like beyond Fournette, we have a lot of mediocrity. Look at every playoff team from this year, and you will notice that the 2nd and even 3rd string RB's are very competent and could be a 1st string RB on another team. Fournette needs some help carrying the load, and we need some "real" insurance for if he has to sit out. I would love to see some free agent signings or even a draft of someone that would be a capable replacement/compliment.

I liked a lot of what I saw from Yeldon this year he caught consistently, broke more tackles, and seemed to possess speed I don't remember him having.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I think we are fine at RB, even after we cut Ivory. Bring in an UDFA as competition, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on one.

This team has historically found running backs in the late rounds or as undrafted free agents. Corey Grant is a current example and Stacy Mack also contributed in the past. There are too many other positions which need to be addressed in the draft. They might even find a decent veteran who won't cost much at all in free agency.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!