Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could Myrick replace Colvin?

I'm making the assumption that Colvin wants to start somewhere, and that won't be here. Would Myrick be a good replacement?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah I think so, he looked capable in his spot duty last year. I think the plan was always to have Myrick as Colvin insurance and Brown as Telvin insurance.

I hope so.
Myrick was kept because of his potential as Marrone said last September at that time he wasn't really "roster material" but with his speed they thought he could develop well and decided to keep him.
He looked good the few snaps he played during the season so hopefully he can show progress and be more involved in the rotation. If he succeeds that would be huge.

Not a fan. Re-sign Colvin.

(02-10-2018, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not a fan. Re-sign Colvin.

no chance unless he takes a major discount

I think Colvin's as good as gone, which is bad because we don't have another nickel corner on his level. I'm anticipating Patmon will get a long look on the inside, as will Myrick, but I think the guy who ends up winning the job is coming to us in the fourth round.

I think Patmon showed the most promise. He had a great training camp with multiple picks and also had some playing time in the postseason.

Myrick should make the roster. His speed is an asset on special teams. I think the Jaguars love his jumps and acceleration around the corner on FG Block.

The only factor that could get Colvin to decide to stay in Jax is if he wanted to continue to be a part of an elite defense. I doubt it, though.

Yeah hope he wants to stay on but he probably can leave and make much more and possibly start.
No Fun

He played very little but I remember in I think the bengals game he made a great play on a deep ball. The guy has world class speed and may take a couple seasons to hone but I'm a fan and hope he develops.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Patmon can handle the nickel in an average capacity if needed. Myrick likely needs another year of development, but did look decent in his forced but limited play this year.

Colvin will get a much-deserved contract elsewhere. I'm comfortable with Patmon holding it down with not a great deal if any dropoff. Some flexibility may have to be sacrificed but can scheme around that if necessary.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I like Myrick. Great athlete and willing tackler. Only issue is he's kind of tight hipped for slot which can get you in lots of trouble.

I'd look to attack the position in the draft again and see what happens.

I think that between Patmon, Myrick and a mid-round draft pick the Jags will be o.k. at this position. Players tend to improve most between years 1 and 2 so we'll have to see about Myrick. All Patmon did in the pre-season was intercept the ball. Maybe he's a guy who can fill the role as a nickel. If not, finding a capable guy in the 3rd or 4th rounds shouldn't be too hard. No doubt the team will miss Colvin, but you can't blame the guy for taking the money.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 07:02 PM by jagsfan06.)

I think that the team would be a wonderful landing spot for a veteran on a 1-2 year prove it deal after the initial wave of free agency.
If you believed that you are a starting caliber CB and did not get the contract that you wanted once the big bucks of the initial FA period dried up, what could be a better landing spot? This gives Myreck and Patmon an extra year to two to develop and you have a veteran to step into the starting role if you were to have an injury to one of your starters. If you draft a developmental guy in the draft then you may not have to sign a FA to man the spot.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I think Patmon gets it. Dude make critical 3rd down stops in the playoffs when Colvin was hurling on the sideline.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM by Caldrac.)

Haven't seen enough of him to say that. He's probably more fast and quick compared to Colvin. They're about the same size. But what I've liked about Colvin is his tackling ability. He's more of a technique tackler whereas Ramsey likes to lay the boom on an opponent. I really hope they just re sign him. If something happens to Bouye or Ramsey for any period of time you would hope to have Colvin out there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think he can only play outside, so need Ramsey to cover the slot guy.

(02-11-2018, 01:56 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I think that between Patmon, Myrick and a mid-round draft pick the Jags will be o.k. at this position. Players tend to improve most between years 1 and 2 so we'll have to see about Myrick. All Patmon did in the pre-season was intercept the ball. Maybe he's a guy who can fill the role as a nickel. If not, finding a capable guy in the 3rd or 4th rounds shouldn't be too hard. No doubt the team will miss Colvin, but you can't blame the guy for taking the money.

I can see us going nickel with our late round two pick.
'02