Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tarps Removed: Jaguars add 3500 seats (merged)

Jaguars to remove tarps for 2018 season

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...8de9ab596d

Team announces new uniforms, reduced pricing on concessions, season ticket renewal campaign and pricing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Woot!
Lots of good news in there. Except the 11% price hike on most tickets, but we knew that was coming.

It's amazing what happens when you start winning.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Smart business decision because of the 1st place schedule and the NFC East on the schedule. Heck of a challenge and financial boon for local revenues.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Now, let’s keep them off.

Tarps off: Jaguars open up seats for 2018 season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...018-season

The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Monday the tarps covering the upper bowl at EverBank Field will be permanently removed. Removal of the tarps will provide an additional 3,501 seats.

Whay would the new capacity be?

(02-12-2018, 01:20 PM)jagboss Wrote: Whay would the new capacity be?

If my math is correct and ESPN's current capacity is accurate - it will be:

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 02:22 PM by Teal Curtain.)

We only got 69k with standing room only.

The capacity will be around 67k

It was 64k with the tarps in place

(02-12-2018, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 01:20 PM)jagboss Wrote: Whay would the new capacity be?

If my math is correct and ESPN's current capacity is accurate - it will be:

(02-12-2018, 02:20 PM)Teal Curtain Wrote: We only got 69k with standing room only.

Remember, Khan has been steadily removing seats with new improvements to the stadium (US ASSURE CLUB and other improvements)

Not trying to be a negative Nancy; just sending a serious question. Is this accounting for the teams we're playing at home next season? Because I don't see us selling out; especially when the home playoff game was pretty filled with Bills fans. I'm just trying to see that we're not jumping the gun too soon. Am I looking at this the wrong way?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-12-2018, 02:21 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Not trying to be a negative Nancy; just sending a serious question. Is this accounting for the teams we're playing at home next season? Because I don't see us selling out; especially when the home playoff game was pretty filled with Bills fans. I'm just trying to see that we're not jumping the gun too soon. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

The playoff game was sold out before we even knew that we were playing the Bills.

The reason there were so many Bills fans is because Jags fans saw an opportunity to see tickets to a fan base at 4 times the cost because their team hadn’t seen the playoffs since the year 2000.

(02-12-2018, 02:21 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Not trying to be a negative Nancy; just sending a serious question. Is this accounting for the teams we're playing at home next season? Because I don't see us selling out; especially when the home playoff game was pretty filled with Bills fans. I'm just trying to see that we're not jumping the gun too soon. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

They definitely considered the fact that they'd host some large market teams with traveling fanbases in 2018 before making this move.

(02-12-2018, 02:35 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

The playoff game was sold out before we even knew that we were playing the Bills.

The reason there were so many Bills fans is because Jags fans saw an opportunity to sell tickets to a fan base at 4 times the cost because their team hadn’t seen the playoffs since the year 2000.

Teal Curtain

(02-12-2018, 02:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If my math is correct and ESPN's current capacity is accurate - it will be:

(02-12-2018, 02:20 PM)Teal Curtain Wrote: We only got 69k with standing room only.

Interesting. There are a number of varying numbers out there for the capacity before the tarps come off. 

The attendance at the Seattle game was reportedly sold out I believe. If not - it was damn near it. 
The attendance that day is listed at 64,431. 
Add the newly uncovered seats and you're at:

(02-12-2018, 02:35 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

The reason there were so many Bills fans is because Jags fans saw an opportunity to see tickets to a fan base at 4 times the cost because their team hadn’t seen the playoffs since the year 2000.
I know. But that kind of goes to my point. For fans to choose selling over not attending (which I completely understand money wise), but especially for our first home playoff game in so long, it goes against the mindset. I'm not complaining at all; if this works out. I just worry about making the decision now after one good season and still having a lot of empty seats because all of the games aren't going to be looked at like the playoff or Seattle games.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(02-12-2018, 02:44 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 02:35 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The playoff game was sold out before we even knew that we were playing the Bills.

I know. But that kind of goes to my point. For fans to choose selling over not attending (which I completely understand money wise), but especially for our first home playoff game in so long, it goes against the mindset. I'm not complaining at all; if this works out. I just worry about making the decision now after one good season and still having a lot of empty seats because all of the games aren't going to be looked at like the playoff or Seattle games.

Good news if they did jump the gun, most of the empty seats will be up above TV camera view anyways Big Grin . I don't think with the schedule and hopefully various game times that it should be too big of an issue.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Can't wait to read that comment section!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The best thing about taking the tarps off is that it gives pretty much everybody a chance to buy a ticket within their discretionary budget.

I think last season went a long way into reeling our HS and Elementary kids in, who may not even have witnessed the Jags ever being playoff contenders.

Oehser says new capacity should be very close to bills game attendance. 

(02-13-2018, 02:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oehser says new capacity should be very close to bills game attendance. 

Oesher is not taking into account standing room only that boosted those numbers