Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Season Tix to increase by an avg of 10.9%

Just don't take my Teal Deals away !!!

You all take away my $100 savings on the $300 Bono's Feast and there's going to be hell to pay.

Go Jags !!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like a really large increase for only 1 good season after years upon years of being just above Cleveland.

Hopefully the Jags do well this year to deserve that increase. If not, they are going to have a lot of angry fans.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 01:25 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-12-2018, 01:14 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: Seems like a really large increase for only 1 good season after years upon years of being just above Cleveland.

Hopefully the Jags do well this year to deserve that increase. If not, they are going to have a lot of angry fans.

I think this is pretty much a result of them holding the ticket prices steady over the past Decade of Death as well as us actually being good and we get ready to host the Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins who tend to bring in a huge demand (justifying an overall higher price for tix).

The cool thing that the Jags do for single game buyers is mark up high demand single game tix (example:  A Steelers single game ticket may cost $185 wheras that same ticket for a Jags-Colts game is priced at $70)  This tends to alleviate the cherry pickers who opt to only go to a game or 2 versus buying a season ticket plan @ $70/game x 9 games (w/ 2 being preseason)

I have 10 tix and my overall impact is ~ $650 additional costs but I'll take it over the past decade of losing and the fact that we're actually spending our $$ on Free Agents like M. Jackson,  C. Campbell, and AJ Bouye versus the Gene Smith strategy of bringing in players like Kassim Osgood, Aaron Kampman, and Freddy Keiaho like he did back in 2010.

Important to note:

Some seating areas will have a smaller increase - some will have a larger increase.

10.9% is the average.

Also - The newly uncovered upper deck areas will be available at $45 per game which is quite a bargain.

(02-12-2018, 01:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 01:14 PM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: Seems like a really large increase for only 1 good season after years upon years of being just above Cleveland.

I think this is pretty much a result of them holding the ticket prices steady over the past Decade of Death as well as us actually being good and we get ready to host the Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins who tend to bring in a huge demand (justifying an overall higher price for tix).

The cool thing that the Jags do for single game buyers is mark up high demand single game tix (example:  A Steelers single game ticket may cost $185 wheras that same ticket for a Jags-Colts game is priced at $70)  This tends to alleviate the cherry pickers who opt to only go to a game or 2 versus buying a season ticket plan @ $70/game x 9 games (w/ 2 being preseason)

I have 10 tix and my overall impact is ~ $650 additional costs but I'll take it over the past decade of losing and the fact that we're actually spending our $$ on Free Agents like M. Jackson,  C. Campbell, and AJ Bouye versus the Gene Smith strategy of bringing in players like Kassim Osgood, Aaron Kampman, and Freddy Keiaho like he did back in 2010.

That's the thing, no one has a problem with it if it means winning.

Call me whatever but with 10 years of garbage play and finally having one good season, that doesn't leave me with a good feeling of the Jags being such a for sure thing next year like most people think. Especially when we are coming from having one of the easiest schedules of any team to probably having one of the hardest.

Probably just me being paranoid, but I'd like to see a little bit more consistency before an over 10% price hike.

I don't want to sound negative because I do personally believe that we are going to be good next year but I do have a nagging thought that we could flop like 07 to 08.

There had to be an increase in local revenue. Ticket prices will still remain in the bottom 25 percentile of the league.

It is simple economics, strike while the iron is hot. They have 5000 new season ticket deposits as compared to 700 at the same time last year.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

My tickets (East club) went up 19%. Ouch!

I'll be renewing though!

Just renewed. Didn't think twice.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Jags have been holding pretty steady on ticket prices for some time. Got to take the bad with the good I suppose. I expected ticket prices to go up after the season we had so really no shock here. Mine went up almost $100 each, but renewal complete! Now if they can fix the concessions quality and not bomb on the new uniforms I'll be pumped!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 03:00 PM by PF*.)

I just got a total to pay without a breakdown of what my tickets actually cost (I have them in different sections/price ranges). Did I miss something?

EDIT: I got it. When you go in to renew, you get 2 buttons: PAY and PRINT. If you hit the PRINT button, you get the breakdown.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(02-12-2018, 02:52 PM)PF* Wrote: I just got a total to pay without a breakdown of what my tickets actually cost (I have them in different sections/price ranges). Did I miss something?

I had two invoices (Regular/Playoff) with no breakdown but you should still be able to access last years invoice to do a little math on your increase if any.

What are they trying to do? Make money?

(02-12-2018, 02:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 02:52 PM)PF* Wrote: I just got a total to pay without a breakdown of what my tickets actually cost (I have them in different sections/price ranges). Did I miss something?

I had two invoices (Regular/Playoff) with no breakdown but you should still be able to access last years invoice to do a little math on your increase if any.

B2- I edited my post above as to how to see a breakdown.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(02-12-2018, 03:01 PM)PF* Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 02:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I had two invoices (Regular/Playoff) with no breakdown but you should still be able to access last years invoice to do a little math on your increase if any.

B2- I edited my post above as to how to see a breakdown.

Sweet! I see it now.

Just got my renewal notice. My tickets only went up by $40 per seat for the season. So, I'll pay $80 more for the entire year. I'll end up coming out ahead with the concession price cuts and Teal Deals.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 03:34 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-12-2018, 03:15 PM)FBT Wrote: Just got my renewal notice. My tickets only went up by $40 per seat for the season. So, I'll pay $80 more for the entire year.  I'll end up coming out ahead with the concession price cuts and Teal Deals.

Holy Crap .... the Renewal Period sure does come up quickly when the Jags play into January.  In the past years, the season was pretty much over by October 1st so it seemed like a lifetime until events such as the Draft, Ticket Renewals, and Free Agency came upon us.

DONE !!!

I just renewed and opted in for the playoffs.

Since I account for 4 of those 5000 new STH seats that have been reserved - I've received an email that I'll be invited to come select my seats around March 30th after prior STHs have selected or modified theirs.

Can't wait!!

My tickets went up 22.6%. Oh, well, I guess that's the price of success!

Judging from the prices I saw for tickets to the Buffalo game most of you won't have nay trouble coming up with that extra money.

Big Grin 

(02-12-2018, 02:13 PM)Perkolater Wrote: My tickets (East club) went up 19%.  Ouch!    

I'll be renewing though!

As did mine..  I suspect some of us who have gotten lower priced East Club seats got hammered...  I suspect some of the East Club not raised as much and I also guess that the home side club seats aren't seeing 19-20% like ours..  Well.. there goes my tax savings...   [Image: biggrin.png]   There is no chart I can find showing all the current seat prices..  Just see my renewal invoice with the increase you noted..

Icemen on the other hand..  actually lowered their full season price if you finish paying by 5/31..

D