Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quick comparison of throwing motions, Derek v Blake

From the Twitter by <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/GipsySafety'>GipsySafety</a>

https://twitter.com/GipsySafety/status/7...6063297536

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yep, that tells it all. I've been a Blake fan since the start. Kind of lamenting that we didn't get Carr instead.

Carr's ball is gone by the time BB finishes his big, nasty hitch.

God that is some of the worst footwork that I've over seen.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

I saw this on twitter a few minutes ago.  Like Prisco said on Jaguars Monday tonight on the subject "What the hell is that???"

Flat footed with zero fluidity aND no folow through, the big ugly windup aside. I've seen the guy make wow throws with impeccable technique. Someone needs to step in and do something about this man. There are college qbs today with better footwork than him
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

It's just baffling. His mechanics did not look like this last year. They were not perfect but were light years ahead of this. It's bordering on Tebow bad mechanically. 

This dude had so much potential. This coaching staff infected him like aids. Just awful and so sad..

Time to put ole yeller down..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Carr has been groomed his whole life, every top passing academy in the country.. That's the difference of what years of technical training can do. The issue with Car was never that he couldn't throw, his problem was that his brother was a bust and his development was nearly done.. I'm not saying it's good or bad but it's what you get I guess. Does Blake have time to change? That's the 100 Million dollar question. I think the end result could still be that Blake ends up being the better player if he reaches his full potential. That's why this staff needs to go, because Blake will not develop at this rate but continue to regress. 

Quote:Carr has been groomed his whole life, every top passing academy in the country.. That's the difference of what years of technical training can do. The issue with Car was never that he couldn't throw, his problem was that his brother was a bust and his development was nearly done.. I'm not saying it's good or bad but it's what you get I guess. Does Blake have time to change? That's the 100 Million dollar question. I think the end result could still be that Blake ends up being the better player if he reaches his full potential. That's why this staff needs to go, because Blake will not develop at this rate but continue to regress. 

if you still think Bortles could be a better QB than Carr "if he reaches his full potential" then you are crazy my friend.

the real question is... what is the likelihood of Bortles reaching his "full potential"?

I would say about 1%

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I still refuse to believe a 24 year old is ruined. Especially when he's already shown he CAN improve his motion.

Get him a real damn coach.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:if you still think Bortles could be a better QB than Carr "if he reaches his full potential" then you are crazy my friend.

the real question is... what is the likelihood of Bortles reaching his "full potential"?

I would say about 1%

Crazy would be working in absolutes

Quote:Crazy would be working in absolutes

And there's only one kind who deals in absolutes...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 10:23 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:It's just baffling. His mechanics did not look like this last year. They were not perfect but were light years ahead of this. It's bordering on Tebow bad mechanically. 

His footwork was better last year too.  He's flat footed now and looks like he's trying to place the ball.  He looks like a drunk dad trying to win a teddy bear for his daughter at the local county fair...  Same flat footed stance, same aweful wind up, same focus on the ball while it's still in his hands, instead of the target.

And does anyone else notice at the very last second, it looks like he's trying to direct the ball like an inexperienced dart thrower.

He's literally becoming worse over the weeks.  Literally.

Quote:And there's only one kind who deals in absolutes...

The Sith are good people.

It gets worse every week

Quote:The Sith are good people.

Darth Trump?

[Image: 0kNb2Aa.jpg]

Quote:Darth Trump?

Not smart enough for that.