Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quick comparison of throwing motions, Derek v Blake

Quote:[Image: 0kNb2Aa.jpg]
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles is done. You don't fix a motion like that.

Just ask lefty or timmy.

Quote:Bortles is done. You don't fix a motion like that.

Just ask lefty or timmy.

Yup, bust. Dont understand why people keep thinking its coaching or a coach can fix it. That's just the way he throws a football.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Quote:His footwork was better last year too.  He's flat footed now and looks like he's trying to place the ball.  He looks like a drunk dad trying to win a teddy bear for his daughter at the local county fair...  Same flat footed stance, same aweful wind up, same focus on the ball while it's still in his hands, instead of the target.

And does anyone else notice at the very last second, it looks like he's trying to direct the ball like an inexperienced dart thrower.

He's literally becoming worse over the weeks.  Literally.

Quote:It's just baffling. His mechanics did not look like this last year. They were not perfect but were light years ahead of this. It's bordering on Tebow bad mechanically. 

I watched a condensed version of the game against the Raiders that showed all of the plays but limited replays.   I agree with both of you that Blake Bortles has regressed substantially from a mechanical standpoint.   Unless Bortles is playing with an injury,   the Jaguars have an alarming situation.   I'm not sure what should be done but the more Bortles plays under the present circumstances,  the greater the chances of long term problems.   That long release could easily lead to an injury,  not just with him but with one of his receivers.   The DBs can tee off on the Jaguars WR's because of that release.  

How the hell did we end up with tebow when it was all said and done!?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:How the hell did we end up with tebow when it was all said and done!?

Because a higher power hates the Jaguars. That, and the curse of Oehser.

Quote:How the hell did we end up with tebow when it was all said and done!?

At least Tebow won football games. All blake does is lose.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I wonder if there is something going on with Blake and we just don't know about it. This looks like his motion towards the end of his rookie year. I made a comment after that Texans game that his motion has become Tebow-esque. I got flamed for it. Then in the off-season, we found out he had some injury and was compensating for it which allowed his motion to get all out of whack.

He got healthy, worked on his mechanics, and alas his soph year his motion was closer to what we saw during his pro day and he threw better balls. This season...its back to this gooseneck motion.