Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ezekiel Elliott vs Leonard Fournette vs Saquon Barkley

How would you compare these three RB's as prospects going into the draft?

Who would you rather have?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gurley was an elite prospect as well. The only thing was coming off the ACL and he still went top 10

I'd rather find the stud RB in the third or fourth round like Kamara or Kareem Hunt than take any of these guys early usually. So I didn't really want any of them coming out.

I think Fournette will be a very good powerback in a committee for the Jags if they bolster the O-Line with better run blockers and use a two-back set to their advantage more often.

Elliott will continue to get in trouble.

Barkley will probably be good. I prefer his style to Fournette's. Would still not want to burn a top five pick on him unless the team was really stacked on defense and their were no clear upgrades to your OTs on the board at the pick.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 01:15 PM by JackCity.)

I'd rank them

1) Zeke
2) Barkley
3) Fournette

Zeke was so incredibly polished as a prospect. Could play in any scheme or style. One of the best blocking RBs we've seen in college. Very good athlete. Full package (apart from the off the field stuff)

Barkley is a god tier athlete. Weight room freak. Extraordinarily good in space. His decision making and inside running is questionable but his ability as a receiver more than make up for it. Plays like a 230 pound scatback. Doesn't really relish contact but in the long run that might keep him healthier.

Fournette is what he is. An absolute battering ram that can hit a home run from anywhere if he finds a crease. His issues are his vision and agility can be suspect. Also chronic ankle issues threatening to limit is potential. Serviceable as a receiver.

All in all I'm still team #DontDraftRBsHigh. Just didn't make sense from a value standpoint. With Barkley I'd be tempted to draft him top 10 just for the skillset he brings. Basically if they can't contribute a ton in the pass game they aren't worth a 1st round to me.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM by rufftime.)

In general I don't like drafting a RB early, but at least with Fournette and Elliot I got a feeling the player was truly special. For whatever reason I just never got that with Barkley. I keep thinking back to his game against OSU. He had a monster kickoff return and then went pretty much silent in his biggest game that year.

vs. OSU
21 attempts
44 yards
long of 36 yards

So if you take away the 1 long play (I know you can't blah blah)

20 attempts for 8 yards.

Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Washington have similar feels. He did better in those efforts, but if he isn't getting free/ space, he isn't impressive.

Stats from:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/pla...on-barkley

(02-13-2018, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gurley was an elite prospect as well.  The only thing was coming off the ACL and he still went top 10

That's right! I forgot about him and that he tore his ACL the year before.

(02-13-2018, 11:16 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: How would you compare these three RB's as prospects going into the draft?

Good question.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 06:00 PM by Upper.)

1. Zeke 2. Barkley 3. Fournette...but all 3 teams will be wishing they had taken someone else relatively quickly.

The Cowboys are already wishing they took Ramsey or Buckner instead of Zeke.

We will soon be wishing we had taken Hooker or Howard or Adams or Watson or Mahomes.

Whoever takes Barkley will soon be wishing they had taken Minkah or Ward or a QB or whatever we'll see how that shakes out.

I like Fournette when fully healthy and utilized properly.

(02-13-2018, 11:16 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: How would you compare these three RB's as prospects going into the draft?

I wouldn't. You can't have enough RBs to make it through a season.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 10:39 AM by irontrooper83.)

(02-13-2018, 01:14 PM)JackCity Wrote: Zeke was so incredibly polished as a prospect. Could play in any scheme or style. One of the best blocking RBs we've seen in college. Very good athlete. Full package (apart from the off the field stuff)

Barkley is a god tier athlete. Weight room freak. Extraordinarily good in space. His decision making and inside running is questionable but his ability as a receiver more than make up for it.  Plays like a 230 pound scatback. Doesn't really relish contact but in the long run that might keep him healthier.

Fournette is what he is. An absolute battering ram that can hit a home run from anywhere if he finds a crease. His issues are his vision and agility can be suspect. Also chronic ankle issues threatening to limit is potential. Serviceable as a receiver.

All in all I'm still team #DontDraftRBsHigh. Just didn't make sense from a value standpoint. With Barkley I'd be tempted to draft him top 10 just for the skillset he brings. Basically if they can't contribute a ton in the pass game they aren't worth a 1st round to me.

Completely agree.

(02-13-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. Zeke 2. Barkley 3. Fournette...but all 3 teams will be wishing they had taken someone else relatively quickly.

We will soon be wishing we had taken Hooker or Howard or Adams or Watson or Mahomes.

Whoever takes Barkley will soon be wishing they had taken Minkah or Ward or a QB or whatever we'll see how that shakes out.

Depends on the team. Cleveland holds the 1st and 4th overall selections in this draft. Which is pretty sickening. They could probably go with a QB and take him at RB if they want to. 

I would also rank them the same coming out of college. Barkley is a lot more well rounded than Fournette was coming out of LSU.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’ve not seen enough of Barkley, but I’d be happy with any of them.

And I think the Rams and Chargers are also happy with their first round RBs.

At least we won’t have to worry about that debate about drafting RBs early this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, Barkley has the most potential. He can do everything and you'd never have to worry about him being suspended, like Elliot. Other than Franco, none have had great success and some have had terrible luck due to injuries like Ki Jana Carter and Enis. Despite that, Barkley is an amazing talent and whoever drafts him will not regret it.

Zeke runs behind a great run blocking OL so I'm not sure how fair the comarison is. What if 4Net was running behind that OL? 
'02

(02-17-2018, 05:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Zeke runs behind a great run blocking OL so I'm not sure how fair the comarison is. What if 4Net was running behind that OL? 
As prospects.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 05:54 PM by Upper.)

(Dallas wasn't a very good oline last year)

(02-13-2018, 04:38 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. Zeke 2. Barkley 3. Fournette...but all 3 teams will be wishing they had taken someone else relatively quickly.

This Defense would be nuts with Adams.

(02-18-2018, 09:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

This Defense would be nuts with Adams.

Did he have a great rookie year? I never noticed him when we played the Jets and he got zero DROY talk

When I got married, I tried to stop coveting other women.   So I'm going to say, I'd rather have Leonard Fournette.