Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We dont need a QB..

Keep Blake add weapons around him like James Washington or Hayden Hurst in draft.. Possibly Jimmy Graham or Tyler Eifert in FA.. Either way I think that would be the smartest move.. That Washington fella looks like a stud.. If Lee leaves we can resign Robinson.. Washington at the x WR spot and Robinson at the z.. Followed by Allen Hurns and DeDe Westbrook on the inside.. Plus Hayden Hurst at TE.. This would be my best bet.. I mean come on Blake made AFC championship.. Kirk Cousins Derek Carr Alex Smith didn't even do that.. So I say keep Bortles start adding some weapons oh and not just weapons.. Beef up the oline as well.. Im sure Tom Coughlin will..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2018, 12:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: Keep Blake add weapons around him like James Washington or Hayden Hurst in draft.. Possibly Jimmy Graham or Tyler Eifert in FA.. Either way I think that would be the smartest move.. That Washington fella looks like a stud.. If Lee leaves we can resign Robinson.. Washington at the z WR spot and Robinson at the x.. Followed by Allen Hurns and DeDe Westbrook on the inside.. Plus Hayden Hurst at TE.. This would be my best bet.. I mean come on Blake made AFC championship.. Kirk Cousins Derek Carr Alex Smith didn't even do that.. So I say keep Bortles start adding some weapons oh and not just weapons.. Beef up the oline as well.. Im sure Tom Coughlin will..

And if Blake doesn't improve....... then what? Next year there looks to be no good QB's available in free agency and the 2019 QB draft class looks extremely thin as well. You'd be essentially "placing all your eggs in one basket." I prefer the idea of keeping Bortles under his current deal, on which he has one more year. Then, we draft a QB high. That way we have a backup plan if Bortles doesn't improve or even reverts to his 2016 form. It's always smart to have a backup plan.

(02-14-2018, 12:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: Keep Blake add weapons around him like James Washington or Hayden Hurst in draft.. Possibly Jimmy Graham or Tyler Eifert in FA.. Either way I think that would be the smartest move.. That Washington fella looks like a stud.. If Lee leaves we can resign Robinson.. Washington at the x WR spot and Robinson at the z.. Followed by Allen Hurns and DeDe Westbrook on the inside.. Plus Hayden Hurst at TE.. This would be my best bet.. I mean come on Blake made AFC championship.. Kirk Cousins Derek Carr Alex Smith didn't even do that.. So I say keep Bortles start adding some weapons oh and not just weapons.. Beef up the oline as well.. Im sure Tom Coughlin will..

The idea of drafting ANOTHER WR from Oklahoma State University is nauseating. 

The idea that Blake Bortles is not the problem has reached epically comical proportions. The next Comcast commercial should feature a Jaguars' fan watching Blake Bortles drop back to pass...."Some people like to cringe when their passer drops back in the pocket..."

A great quarterback can take the water bottle guy and make a Pro Bowler out of him.

Swap Blake Bortles with Tom Brady or Drew Brees then tell me what you expect to happen the Jaguars, Saints, or Patriots.

I really hope that Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell will work hard to bring in A. J. McCarron. 

Can't happen soon enough.

[Image: 295d70a251b9f47e0831fc72c106a177.jpg]

Lol, AJ McCaron, he cant even beat out Dalton, or keep Bortles, or draft a 2nd tier rookie qb and see if he develops, yadda yadda yadda. The football acumen in Duval County, Ill tell ya, embarrassing. All these years since the beginning of JDR days you all are so used to having a mediocre passing attack its just something you've accepted. Mediocrity at the QB spot, ball control, game manger days since Garrard. Since Brunnell, Jags have deficient QBs, one is a captain check down with only one pass the slant, one with a windmill windup and lead feet, one with all the physical tool but no toughness, one who's not a natural thrower, one who gets passes batted at the LOS and throws checkdowns, a couple of journeyman scrubs. Coughlin, time to get a real complete NFL qb to win the Super Bowl.

(02-14-2018, 04:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lol, AJ McCaron, he cant even beat out Dalton, or keep Bortles, or draft a 2nd tier rookie qb and see if he develops, yadda yadda yadda.  The football acumen in Duval County, Ill tell ya, embarrassing.  All these years since the beginning of JDR days you all are so used to having a mediocre passing attack its just something you've accepted. Mediocrity at the QB spot, ball control, game manger days since Garrard. Since Brunnell, Jags have deficient QBs, one is a captain check down with only one pass the slant, one with a windmill windup and lead feet,  one with all the physical tool but no toughness, one who's not a natural thrower, one who gets passes batted at the LOS and throws checkdowns, a couple of journeyman scrubs.  Coughlin, time to get a real complete NFL qb to win the Super Bowl.

Different teams take different routes in developing quarterback talent.

Not every franchise throws raw meat to the wolves expecting good things to happen the way we do. 

Very few quarterback come into the NFL ready to go.

Hopefully, in our lifetime the Jaguars' franchise will mature to the point where they will learn to refrain from the methodically-flawed ways of the past.

Pick a QB prospect and bench him for three years. That's what the better teams unable to acquire a elite immediate starter do.

We don't need a pass catching tight end for this offense. I think we already have enough pieces. We just need them to stay healthy and we need two of them re signed during free agency. Robinson at WR and Colvin at CB. We still need healthy competition at the QB position. Whether Blake is the starter in 2018 matters not at this time. What does matter is the fact that since he's been here this front office has made no attempts at adding a legitimate threat to keep him moving along and busting his [BLEEP] even further.

If there's a talented QB sitting there at 29th overall and there's no decent lineman to improve the interior there they'll end up going that route. They still have free agency before that as well. I expect them to be looking at at least Bridgewater and Bradford to move on from Henne at the very minimum.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 07:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

You didn't even mention our leading WR Cole. Cole > Washington, Cole will be a 1000 yard receiver this year. If we resign A Rob Cole will be a game breaker, hopefully we see a healthy Hurns too. Not to mention if we draft Goedert to draw the safety help. Can't double everyone

(02-14-2018, 01:53 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: Keep Blake add weapons around him like James Washington or Hayden Hurst in draft.. Possibly Jimmy Graham or Tyler Eifert in FA.. Either way I think that would be the smartest move.. That Washington fella looks like a stud.. If Lee leaves we can resign Robinson.. Washington at the x WR spot and Robinson at the z.. Followed by Allen Hurns and DeDe Westbrook on the inside.. Plus Hayden Hurst at TE.. This would be my best bet.. I mean come on Blake made AFC championship.. Kirk Cousins Derek Carr Alex Smith didn't even do that.. So I say keep Bortles start adding some weapons oh and not just weapons.. Beef up the oline as well.. Im sure Tom Coughlin will..

The idea that Blake Bortles is not the problem has reached epically comical proportions. The next Comcast commercial should feature a Jaguars' fan watching Blake Bortles drop back to pass...."Some people like to cringe when their passer drops back in the pocket..."

A great quarterback can take the water bottle guy and make a Pro Bowler out of him.

Swap Blake Bortles with Tom Brady or Drew Brees then tell me what you expect to happen the Jaguars, Saints, or Patriots.

I really hope that Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell will work hard to bring in A. J. McCarron. 

I don't know what these two things have to do with each other.

Oh wait, I know.

Nothing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-14-2018, 08:15 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 01:53 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The idea of drafting ANOTHER WR from Oklahoma State University is nauseating. 

I don't know what these two things have to do with each other.

Oh wait, I know.

Nothing.

Plus, AJ's throwing motion looks a little off in the example he threw at us. I know he only threw five or six passes his entire career at Bama but he could have found a better one.

Agree, rather Blake then Kirk...

Open the playbook and leave it open all year= Championship!

Because this needed a new thread......

Could Bortles continue to develop ala’ Alex Smith and blossom late in his career? Sure. But that’s a risky gamble, and that’s why I think Coughlin will be bringing in competition, as he should.

Is this dead horse been beaten enough yet?

'cause I got a stick here y'all can use if you want.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-14-2018, 09:39 AM)Deacon Wrote: Is this dead horse been beaten enough yet?

All Bortles, all the time.  

At least until the draft is over.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-14-2018, 01:53 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

Geez, all those words and your anti-climatic solution is fricking McCarron?  Wallbash
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-14-2018, 09:42 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 09:39 AM)Deacon Wrote: Is this dead horse been beaten enough yet?

All Bortles, all the time.  

At least until the draft is over.

I hope we draft a superior athlete like Matt Jones again.

Or maybe one of those "just wins" guys like Manziel or Chris Leak. 

Or one of those "has a good relationship with a kid that has health and / or mental problem" guys like Justin Blackmon.

Yeah! That's how you get a good player. Get one of those guys!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Yes we do. Blake is not the answer for this team. But unfortunately, the team has faith in him and he will be the starter.

(02-14-2018, 09:31 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Could Bortles continue to develop ala’ Alex Smith and blossom late in his career? Sure. But that’s a risky gamble, and that’s why I think Coughlin will be bringing in competition, as he should.

Late in his career? The guy's just 25 years old and has shown a good deal of progress this past year. Why some of you seem to think that he can't do the same in 2018 is baffling. You continue to froth at the mouth, throwing out his past record, without taking time to consider the fact that he was thrown to the wolves before he was ready and had to learn on the fly. Also factoring in the lack of coaching and development with the prior regime, a poor supporting cast and the rest of the crap he's had to deal with in his tenure as QB, I'm surprised he's not taken the first bus and gotten the hell out of here.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]