Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We dont need a QB..

(02-18-2018, 10:44 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:11 PM)ATLjag Wrote: This team does need a QB, as Henne won't be resigned.  Let Bortles compete against a vet brought in (McCarron, Bradford, or whoever), and draft another in the 3rd or 4th round to develop for the future.  Teams can carry 3 QBs.

This. Smart teams do things like this, not get rid of a starting QB who had a solid year and is still growing just because some people hate him (which doesn’t make sense - 3 other 3rd year QBs have regressed, but nobody is trying to tear them down...)

We went to the title game with Blake, in 2018 it should be Blake. He has at least earned that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We went to the title game with Cann, in 2018 it should be Cann. He has at least earned that.

(02-19-2018, 01:15 AM)Upper Wrote: We went to the title game with Cann, in 2018 it should be Cann. He has at least earned that.

Man your takes get worse and worse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-18-2018, 05:15 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 04:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Did you consider that I might have looked it up to double check that they played together before I posted?

In his first season at Alabama, McCarron accepted a redshirt and did not play during the season[7][8] as the team went 14–0 to capture the 2009 National Championship.[9] During his redshirt freshman year, he did see some playing time, appearing in nine games[10] as the Crimson Tide finished 10–3.[11] His first collegiate touchdown pass came during the season opener when he connected with wide receiver Julio Jones on a 29-yard pass.[12] He passed for a total of 389 yards and three touchdowns during the season.

EDIT:

Sure they didn't have multiple full seasons together but it was in the highlight reel.

He threw 48 passes , the only year he and Jones were together. Your comment was clearly basing his college performance on Julio Jones, which is not true.

I was commenting on the highlights.  He doesn't have a sharp release and I don't like his throwing motion. Honestly it looked like BB5 with ARob bailing him out. Pass on AJ because we have one of those. My Julio comment is yeah it would be great to have him. 

No worries though I didn't spend enough time typing out my response.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-19-2018, 01:15 AM)Upper Wrote: We went to the title game with Cann, in 2018 it should be Cann. He has at least earned that.

You are aware this is a quarterback thread, right???

Reading comprehension seems to escape you!

(02-19-2018, 09:25 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 05:15 PM)atburg Wrote: He threw 48 passes , the only year he and Jones were together. Your comment was clearly basing his college performance on Julio Jones, which is not true.

I was commenting on the highlights.  He doesn't have a sharp release and I don't like his throwing motion. Honestly it looked like BB5 with ARob bailing him out. Pass on AJ because we have one of those. My Julio comment is yeah it would be great to have him. 

No worries though I didn't spend enough time typing out my response.

No, its my bad I get too defensive!

I guess I'm good either way. If we keep Bortles, I'd to draft a QB with the first pick...maybe Rudolph, if he's available. If we get someone like Cousins, I'm okay with that too.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 05:24 PM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

The only TD we scored against the Bills in the wild card game came off a great pancake block by A. J. Cann. He flattened the NG and this gave Blake Bortles a canyon to throw the football through. If A. J. Cann wasn't any good the NG would have had elevation to swat the football back in Blake Bortles' face.

Got to understand Leonard Fournette is blazing fast. In order for ANY offensive lineman to breakout ahead of him, you are gonna need a guard or center much much better than ANY player possibly available. Plus you are going to yield a lot in size and anchor.

You read these draft descriptions about players and none of the run-blocking ever comes true because there are so many factors involved, such as the offensive coordinator's game of deception. Things like run-pass option really hampers the ability of an offensive lineman to get up field ahead of the ball carrier.

Most all NFL running plays are designed to create a one on one match up between the ball carrier and a smaller defender.

You can try a smaller, quicker offense guard, but what you'll likely see is a guy defensive linemen like to jack up in the air and walk back to the quarterback two plays later.

The TU is pumping up Quenton Nelson as a possible draft selection. That's probably OK, but they never recommend a player without first determining there is a starter on the roster they don't like and want to force the Jaguars to get rid of.

If we do draft Nelson or any OG, that's not sending our starters the message to pack their bags. That's sending us a message that the Jaguars have finally decided to draft the best possible players we can draft, and they understand putting this  player into the unit mix is NOT license to cut a established starter.

(02-19-2018, 05:23 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

The only TD we scored against the Bills in the wild card game came off a great pancake block by A. J. Cann. He flattened the NG and this gave Blake Bortles a canyon to throw the football through. If A. J. Cann wasn't any good the NG would have had elevation to swat the football back in Blake Bortles' face.

Got to understand Leonard Fournette is blazing fast. In order for ANY offensive lineman to breakout ahead of him, you are gonna need a guard or center much much better than ANY player possibly available. Plus you are going to yield a lot in size and anchor.

You read these draft descriptions about players and none of the run-blocking ever comes true because there are so many factors involved, such as the offensive coordinator's game of deception. Things like run-pass option really hampers the ability of an offensive lineman to get up field ahead of the ball carrier.

Most all NFL running plays are designed to create a one on one match up between the ball carrier and a smaller defender.

You can try a smaller, quicker offense guard, but what you'll likely see is a guy defensive linemen like to jack up in the air and walk back to the quarterback two plays later.

The TU is pumping up Quenton Nelson as a possible draft selection. That's probably OK, but they never recommend a player without first determining there is a starter on the roster they don't like and want to force the Jaguars to get rid of.

If we do draft Nelson or any OG, that's not sending our starters the message to pack their bags. That's sending us a message that the Jaguars have finally decided to draft the best possible players we can draft, and they understand putting this  player into the unit mix is NOT license to cut a established starter.

Lot to unpack here.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 06:15 PM by Upper.)

(02-19-2018, 02:58 PM)atburg Wrote:

You are aware this is a quarterback thread, right???

I was clearly pointing out how silly it is to tie any one player to a teams success by using another weak link on the team that no one has a problem saying needs to be upgraded in the worst of ways. If we want to get serious about improving our team and trying to make that push to get over the top upgrading Cann should be one of our highest priorities. No one disagrees with that.

The exact same thing can be said of Bortles.

(02-19-2018, 05:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lot to unpack here.

I'm not even going to try.

Probably for the best..

(02-19-2018, 05:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 05:23 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The only TD we scored against the Bills in the wild card game came off a great pancake block by A. J. Cann. He flattened the NG and this gave Blake Bortles a canyon to throw the football through. If A. J. Cann wasn't any good the NG would have had elevation to swat the football back in Blake Bortles' face.

Lot to unpack here.

Not worth it.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 07:34 PM by JackCity.)

(02-19-2018, 07:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Not worth it.

Teal time with grammar lessons

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 08:19 PM by leopold332002.)

(02-19-2018, 06:15 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 02:58 PM)atburg Wrote: You are aware this is a quarterback thread, right???

I was clearly pointing out how silly it is to tie any one player to a teams success by using another weak link on the team that no one has a problem saying needs to be upgraded in the worst of ways. If we want to get serious about improving our team and trying to make that push to get over the top upgrading Cann should be one of our highest priorities. No one disagrees with that.

Hey Ryan Day, why do you call Blake Bortles an anchor this year when he clearly help the team win games?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-19-2018, 06:15 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 02:58 PM)atburg Wrote: You are aware this is a quarterback thread, right???

No, what you were trying to do was twist my post in your typical sarcastic manner. Perhaps it is time to change Big cat country , to Big Cousins country and go on your merry way ?

(02-19-2018, 09:06 PM)atburg Wrote: No, what you were trying to do was twist my post in your typical sarcastic manner. Perhaps it is time to change Big cat country , to Big Cousins country and go on your merry way ?

Nope just pointing out how silly playing the "we went to the title game" line of logic can get. Perhaps it is time you start using arguments that don't have glaring logical fallacies in them.

(02-19-2018, 05:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 05:23 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The only TD we scored against the Bills in the wild card game came off a great pancake block by A. J. Cann. He flattened the NG and this gave Blake Bortles a canyon to throw the football through. If A. J. Cann wasn't any good the NG would have had elevation to swat the football back in Blake Bortles' face.

Lot to unpack here.

Yeah, but a good therapist could hash it out.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

ICYMI...FWIW...here's Shannon Sharpe's take on Cousins...

https://youtu.be/l7yGVG08SFs

I am honestly torn. Though I am leaning Bortles, I am intrigued by what Cousins potentially represents here-both good and bad.

If I could be convinced that signing Cousins

A. Would actually upgrade the QB position, giving us the best chance to go to the Super Bowl and
B. Not wreck our salary cap and force a premature purge of our talent and
C. not destroy the locker room

then I'd be for it.

Likewise, I could be content with Bortles if

A. His play down the stretch of the season, in games against Seattle, Pittsburgh and New England represents what he can do for us more consistently such that
B. He's better equipped to get that 8th guy out of the box
C and with the current coaching he can continue to develop and make better decisions with another year in the offense.

I want the guy who will win us a Super Bowl or two. I'm not sure which of these two is that guy, if either are.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-19-2018, 10:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 09:06 PM)atburg Wrote: No, what you were trying to do was twist my post in your typical sarcastic manner. Perhaps it is time to change Big cat country , to Big Cousins country and go on your merry way ?

Nope just pointing out how silly playing the "we went to the title game" line of logic can get. Perhaps it is time you start using arguments that don't have glaring logical fallacies in them.

Other than the fact that it's asinine to compare the importance of a guard to a quarterback...nice comparison.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-20-2018, 08:33 AM)Rico Wrote: Other than the fact that it's asinine to compare the importance of a guard to a quarterback...nice comparison.

Sweet, another one converted to the QB is our #1 need camp (unless you already were in which case carry on).