Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(02-21-2018, 01:59 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Wait til he begins to say the kids created the mass shooting themselves like Sandy Hook.

Get your story straight.  I never said that.  I said Sandy Hook was a FEMA drill, complete with operations manual.  Nobody died at Sandy Hook, but for some reason this information makes people angry rather than happy.

The fact that you seriously believe it is appalling, but carry on.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2018, 01:50 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?

I’ve lost two people in my family to gun violence. How many have you lost?

Besides, how are we sacrificing safety when we’re actively trying to arm our families with tools capable of defending themselves?

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 02:11 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(02-21-2018, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:50 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?

I'll keep my gun rights rather than sacrifice my friends and family to this kind of mass shooting:

[Image: ww219123jpg+ditch_+women]

Never Again.

“This kind of mass shooting” LOL what the hell you talking about?

If your children or spouse died while in a crowd like setting due to someone pumping out 150 rounds in 10-15 minutes you would show the standard empathy but still not call for gun law reform?

(02-21-2018, 02:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I’ve lost two people in my family to gun violence. How many have you lost?

Besides, how are we sacrificing safety when we’re actively trying to arm our families with tools capable of defending themselves?

I’ve lost 4. 

The point is it is easier to get a gun legally or illegally than alcohol. Why is their a black market flooded with illegal military weapons in the civilian public?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(02-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I'll keep my gun rights rather than sacrifice my friends and family to this kind of mass shooting:

[Image: ww219123jpg+ditch_+women]

Never Again.

“This kind of mass shooting” LOL what the hell you talking about?

If your children or spouse died while in a crowd like setting due to someone pumping out 150 rounds in 10-15 minutes you would show the standard empathy but still not call for gun law reform?

(02-21-2018, 02:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I’ve lost two people in my family to gun violence. How many have you lost?

I’ve lost 4. 

The point is it is easier to get a gun legally or illegally than alcohol. Why is their a black market flooded with illegal military weapons in the civilian public?

But it isn’t easier to get these weapons. Alcohol only requires an ID. To buy a gun, you need an ID and a multitude of other qualifications and background checks. That automatically makes it more difficult. Not to mention, the expense alone excludes a lot of people. 

The market is flooded with stolen weapons. From criminals that likely had a bunch of second chances. I question which weapons you’re talking about when you say military grade. Are they available? Sure. But Joe Blow won’t get military grade weapon. They can’t get your average handgun, rifle, etc. but not military grade.

You guys are just unlucky. None of my guns ever became violent.

"The police told us they would be firing blanks to scare us".

https://youtu.be/qp0g2ZFE6Ns

(02-22-2018, 09:29 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: "The police told us they would be firing blanks to scare us".

https://youtu.be/qp0g2ZFE6Ns

lol ... you always seem to go on the assumption that everyone who visits this site has an IQ in single digits.

You're a sucker for the "I'm dumber than a rock" sites, aren't you?

But highly entertaining in a shakes his head knowing there are people this stupid sort of way.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Yeah, I should know better than to watch CNN. My bad.

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 12:21 PM by Adam2012.)

(02-22-2018, 12:10 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Yeah, I should know better than to watch CNN.  My bad.

It's just that you're so obvious. 

Is it really that satisfying playing to the stupid? Isn't it pretty boring to have to go to all those idiot sites just to find something to post that will get the yahoos all fired up?

The loons on the right are just so predictable. Do you think you're breaking new ground or something?

(02-22-2018, 12:20 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:10 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Yeah, I should know better than to watch CNN.  My bad.

It's just that you're so obvious. 

Is it really that satisfying playing to the stupid? Isn't it pretty boring to have to go to all those idiot sites just to find something to post that will get the yahoos all fired up?

The loons on the right are just so predictable. Do you think you're breaking new ground or something?

The loons on the left are off doing shoot sprees.

(02-22-2018, 12:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:20 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: It's just that you're so obvious. 

Cruz was not from the left.....

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-22-2018, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The loons on the left are off doing shoot sprees.
Cruz was not from the left.....

Nah, but the media right away decided he was a member of the White Nationalists.. which he's not... That was a fun five hours of them concluding he was a racist.

Nikolaus De Jesus Cruz.

I'm sorry - did I offend you?

Feel the need to stand up for the loons on the right? Feel free. They come out of the woodwork at times like these.

(02-22-2018, 01:51 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:54 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The loons on the left are off doing shoot sprees.

I'm sorry - did I offend you?

Feel the need to stand up for the loons on the right? Feel free. They come out of the woodwork at times like these.

I'm just saying.. the loons on the right are into conspiracy theories.

The loons on the left want to murder those that don't think like them.

Tell me again which side are the fascists.

(02-22-2018, 01:15 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Cruz was not from the left.....

Nah, but the media right away decided he was a member of the White Nationalists.. which he's not... That was a fun five hours of them concluding he was a racist.

Nikolaus De Jesus Cruz.
Dawg. He was racist.

Did you see some of the things he was posting on social media? He was a racist and an anti-semite.

(02-22-2018, 02:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:15 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Nah, but the media right away decided he was a member of the White Nationalists.. which he's not... That was a fun five hours of them concluding he was a racist.

Nikolaus De Jesus Cruz.
Dawg. He was racist.

Did you see some of the things he was posting on social media? He was a racist and an anti-semite.

Nah, I don't check mass murderer's social media.. Don't feel the need to give them the recognition they so desperately wanted.

But I don't see one black student among the dead...

Guess he was more of an equal opportunity killer - he hated everyone.

I don't think Bernie Sanders would know what to do with a gun if you loaded it, flipped off the safety, pointed it at Hillary and handed it to him.

(02-20-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, well, well...looks like the Race Baiters succeeded again. Change the rules for minorities, create another situation where the legal authorities cannot enforce the law because of skin color or name of the criminal, and then we all blame law enforcement for their ineptitude and start a movement to take away legal gun ownership by non-criminals. Almost like Obama and his Merry Band of Traitors meant for this to happen...well, not almost, clearly that was their intent.

The Broward County Solution

FTA:

"Authorities agreed to treat twelve different misdemeanor offenses as school-related issues, not criminal ones.  The results impressed the people who initiated the program.  Arrests dropped from more than a thousand in 2011-2012 to less than four hundred just four years later.

One particular motivation behind programs like Broward County's was the pressure from multiple sources to reduce the statistical disparity between black and Hispanic student arrests on one hand and white and Asian student arrests on the other.  Benzing writes, for instance, how a Denver organization called "Padres & Jóvenes Unidos" successfully advocated for a program like Broward's to help achieve "racial and education equity" in Denver schools.

By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic.  As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police."

This makes me want to vomit. A crime is a crime regardless of the color of the perpetrator's skin.

(02-22-2018, 09:06 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I don't think Bernie Sanders would know what to do with a gun if you loaded it, flipped off the safety, pointed it at Hillary and handed it to him the economy, the infrastructure, foreign policy, or pretty much anything because the guy didn't have a job til he was in his 40s.

Fixed that for ya.

Now we know what Broward County deputy Scot Peterson was doing while the shooter ended 17 lives. He “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell". He remained outside for over 4 minutes while the carnage happened inside. Did he confront the shooter at any time? No.

So tell me again why the public doesn't need guns because the police are here to protect us.

Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by law enforcement = 14
Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by a citizen = 2.5

Citizens who hold a concealed carry license are 259 times less likely to commit a violent crime than the general population, and 7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than a police officer.