Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(02-23-2018, 09:52 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Now we know what Broward County deputy Scot Peterson was doing while the shooter ended 17 lives.  He “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell".  He remained outside for over 4 minutes while the carnage happened inside.  Did he confront the shooter at any time?  No.

So tell me again why the public doesn't need guns because the police are here to protect us.

Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by law enforcement = 14
Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by a citizen = 2.5

Citizens who hold a concealed carry license are 259 times less likely to commit a violent crime than the general population, and 7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than a police officer.

I've never personally met a courageous cop... but I'm sure they must exist.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Blaze reports that 2 weeks ago a relative of Cruz told police they should seize his weapons.
The Miami Herald reports that a tipster called the Broward Sheriff’s Office warning them that Cruz “could be a school shooter in the making.” Deputies neglected to write up the warning in a report.
A third report was missed when two years before the shooting a deputy investigated a warning about Cruz saying he “planned to shoot up the school.” That tip was sent to the school’s resource office, and no action followed.

Let's add these incidents to the 39 visits to the Cruz home by the Broward County police and the YouTube comment reported to the FBI that was not followed up.

Either law enforcement are incompetent or this was a planned event.

(02-23-2018, 10:09 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 09:52 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Now we know what Broward County deputy Scot Peterson was doing while the shooter ended 17 lives.  He “was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell".  He remained outside for over 4 minutes while the carnage happened inside.  Did he confront the shooter at any time?  No.

So tell me again why the public doesn't need guns because the police are here to protect us.

Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by law enforcement = 14
Average deaths in a mass shooting ended by a citizen = 2.5

Citizens who hold a concealed carry license are 259 times less likely to commit a violent crime than the general population, and 7 times less likely to commit a violent crime than a police officer.

I've never personally met a courageous cop... but I'm sure they must exist.
They exist but this scenario screams of the movie Lethal Weapon...the dude was in retirement mode. In my opinion, should never have a single resource officer anyways.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 11:40 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-23-2018, 11:35 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 10:09 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I've never personally met a courageous cop... but I'm sure they must exist.
They exist but this scenario screams of the movie Lethal Weapon...the dude was in retirement mode. In my opinion, should never have a single resource officer anyways.

Yea, in my years at Sandalwood we had 4. And 13 security guards. And surveillance cameras.

It's just awful that he could listen to 4 minutes of gunfire, each shot representing another life lost potentially.. and he sat there. I'm sure many of us wish we could have been there to prevent this senseless slaughter... and here we had an actual cop that did nothing.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 12:45 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Where is the video of Cruz entering and leaving the building? How did he get in? Were the doors unlocked? If so, why? You can't just walk into a school now. My wife volunteered for 5 years at a school and each time had to go through security screening at the front entrance even though the staff knew her very well. Who let Cruz in the school with a rifle?

Parkland is looking more and more like a false flag event. Every student at the school knew Cruz was the mass shooter type. The police knew, his relatives knew, the FBI knew. He was reported as a possible school shooter MULTIPLE TIMES to multiple agencies. Does everyone think the school district and the Broward County Sheriffs Dept and the FBI are all incompetent? No, but they are corrupt and they follow orders and they do not ever accept blame. For instance, what was the name of the person who decided the Hillary Clinton server case wasn't worth prosecuting? It wasn't James Comey. It wasn't Loretta Lynch. It wasn't Rod Rosenstein or Andrew McCabe. Biggest state secrets case in decades and it was decided by a faceless, nameless "somebody". The public didn't even notice the flim-flam.

Last week the headlines were dominated by allegations of corruption, collusion, criminal activity and treason by the FBI, Justice Department, Clinton campaign and Obama White House. Now we see 24/7 gun control, the gleeful blood dancers using children as puppets. But it isn't working too well. This week, millions of Americans learned what a "crisis actor" is because David Hogg kept saying he wasn't one. Now America knows there are people who get paid to pretend to be injured at various simulations and drills. You can even get paid extra if you have one or more limbs missing.

Congress legalized propaganda operations against the American people in 2013.

(02-23-2018, 12:40 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Where is the video of Cruz entering and leaving the building?  How did he get in?  Were the doors unlocked?  If so, why?  You can't just walk into a school now.  My wife volunteered for 5 years at a school and each time had to go through security screening at the front entrance even though the staff knew her very well.  Who let Cruz in the school with a rifle?

Parkland is looking more and more like a false flag event.  Every student at the school knew Cruz was the mass shooter type.  The police knew, his relatives knew, the FBI knew.  He was reported as a possible school shooter MULTIPLE TIMES to multiple agencies.  Does everyone think the school district and the Broward County Sheriffs Dept and the FBI are all incompetent?  No, but they are corrupt and they follow orders and they do not ever accept blame.  For instance, what was the name of the person who decided the Hillary Clinton server case wasn't worth prosecuting?  It wasn't James Comey.  It wasn't Loretta Lynch.  It wasn't Rod Rosenstein or Andrew McCabe.   Biggest state secrets case in decades and it was decided by a faceless, nameless "somebody".  The public didn't even notice the flim-flam.

Last week the headlines were dominated by allegations of corruption, collusion, criminal activity and treason by the FBI, Justice Department, Clinton campaign and Obama White House.  Now we see 24/7 gun control, the gleeful blood dancers using children as puppets.  But it isn't working too well.  This week, millions of Americans learned what a "crisis actor" is because David Hogg kept saying he wasn't one.  Now America knows there are people who get paid to pretend to be injured at various simulations and drills.  You can even get paid extra if you have one or more limbs missing.  

False flag! False flag! Dog whistle! Dog whistle.

lol ... please, don't ever stop posting.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

https://twitter.com/nickybeaster/status/...5873906690

I guess I’ll throw this here.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 05:00 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

Our man Scot Peterson, aka the Broward Coward, was named their school resource officer of the year for 2014. The release said that Peterson had been the SRO at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School since 2009. It reads, “Deputy Peterson has proven to reliable in handling issues with tact and judgement.” It is also stated that Peterson was responsible for investigating crimes including property crimes, assaults and narcotics offenses. The release goes on to say that Peterson was active in “mentoring and counseling” students.

What this means is Officer Peterson falsified reports and covered up crimes in order for the District to reap federal funding. What would normally be considered felony theft, felony assault, felony drug trafficking if they happened on the street, were instead classified as "youthful misdemeanors" and no police reports were made. Tact and judgement, and millions of dollars in the pockets of corrupt officials.

EDIT:
WOW. It looks like Officer Peterson did a little whitewashing on Cruz in 2016. Peterson also had a run-in with Cruz prior to the shooting, The Washington Post reports. He is mentioned in a 2016 social services agency investigation into Cruz. The Florida Department of Children and Families report states that Peterson was approached by investigators and “refused to share any information,” with them, “regarding an incident that took place” with Cruz, according to The Post.

(02-23-2018, 04:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/nickybeaster/status/...5873906690

I guess I’ll throw this here.

And he has been detained for questioning.

(02-23-2018, 12:40 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Where is the video of Cruz entering and leaving the building?  How did he get in?  Were the doors unlocked?  If so, why?  You can't just walk into a school now.  My wife volunteered for 5 years at a school and each time had to go through security screening at the front entrance even though the staff knew her very well.  Who let Cruz in the school with a rifle?

Parkland is looking more and more like a false flag event.  Every student at the school knew Cruz was the mass shooter type.  The police knew, his relatives knew, the FBI knew.  He was reported as a possible school shooter MULTIPLE TIMES to multiple agencies.  Does everyone think the school district and the Broward County Sheriffs Dept and the FBI are all incompetent?  No, but they are corrupt and they follow orders and they do not ever accept blame.  For instance, what was the name of the person who decided the Hillary Clinton server case wasn't worth prosecuting?  It wasn't James Comey.  It wasn't Loretta Lynch.  It wasn't Rod Rosenstein or Andrew McCabe.   Biggest state secrets case in decades and it was decided by a faceless, nameless "somebody".  The public didn't even notice the flim-flam.

Last week the headlines were dominated by allegations of corruption, collusion, criminal activity and treason by the FBI, Justice Department, Clinton campaign and Obama White House.  Now we see 24/7 gun control, the gleeful blood dancers using children as puppets.  But it isn't working too well.  This week, millions of Americans learned what a "crisis actor" is because David Hogg kept saying he wasn't one.  Now America knows there are people who get paid to pretend to be injured at various simulations and drills.  You can even get paid extra if you have one or more limbs missing.  

Alex Jones is that you?  So did any actual kids die during this or was it all fake like Sandy Hook  Rolleyes

I get where you are coming from but please explain to us all how you get an entire school to go along with this massive conspiracy?  Every student?  Every teacher?  Every parent?  Did the federal government swoop down and replace an entire school district with actors?  What happened to the original students?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Conspiracy theories are cool.

Did you hear about how Avril Lavigne actually died months after her album released and the person you see today is an actress who got plastic surgery to look like her? Crazy right?

(02-23-2018, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Conspiracy theories are cool.

Did you hear about how Avril Lavigne actually died months after her album released and the person you see today is an actress who got plastic surgery to look like her? Crazy right?

Elvis is alive and living in Boca Raton under an alias!

Now reports are coming in that there were three additional officers who didn't rush the shooter... This kid was allowed to not only kill more people but he got away.... This will soon be looked upon as the greatest law enforcement failure in the history of this country.

(02-24-2018, 07:09 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Now reports are coming in that there were three additional officers who didn't rush the shooter...  This kid was allowed to not only kill more people but he got away....  This will soon be looked upon as the greatest law enforcement failure in the history of this country.

I don't agree with this assessment. Protocols for an active shooting are usually to secure a perimeter and wait for SWAT. The idea that a lone cop should go running in there like some movie script isn't how it works, and the pure size of the facility makes the idea of running all over seem ludicrous. Now we got the sheriff tossing his man under the bus to create a scapegoat for all this and I think that, and all these stories demonizing this guy, are out of line. Maybe he should've done so, but the people judging him ither weren't there or have something to gain politically from this stuff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So what we have is trained professionals unwilling to confront a mass shooter. Establish a perimeter and wait for SWAT. But SWAT is only good at making sure SWAT goes home alive. How many died in the Pulse nightclub while the 2 officers INSIDE THE BUILDING waited for SWAT instead of confronting the shooter? How many other innocents died when, hours later, SWAT blew a hole through the concrete wall? SWAT may have killed more people than the shooter.

(02-24-2018, 08:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 07:09 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Now reports are coming in that there were three additional officers who didn't rush the shooter...  This kid was allowed to not only kill more people but he got away....  This will soon be looked upon as the greatest law enforcement failure in the history of this country.

I don't agree with this assessment. Protocols for an active shooting are usually to secure a perimeter and wait for SWAT. The idea that a lone cop should go running in there like some movie script isn't how it works, and the pure size of the facility makes the idea of running all over seem ludicrous. Now we got the sheriff tossing his man under the bus to create a scapegoat for all this and I think that, and all these stories demonizing this guy, are out of line. Maybe he should've done so, but the people judging him ither weren't there or have something to gain politically from this stuff.

1.) I'm not demonizing the guy.  In reality its a pretty human response.  He didn't rise to the honor of his badge but I'm not demonizing him, just pointing out a fact.  

2.) Post columbine that's not the protocol for an active school shooter.  They developed tactics that ideally a team of 4 but even a LONE OFFICER should enter the facility and address the perp.  

Establishing a perimeter is for hostage situations.

The protocol is for arriving teams to establish communication with on-site security, assess and immediately team up (Usually 4+) to neutralize the threat regardless of what law enforcement department or branch affiliation. Command and Control, SWAT, perimeter, etc. are fluid and almost an afterthought to the immediate threat. Most officers are properly equipped with rifles, breaching shotguns, and barely adequate vests. Usually, problems stem from training and rarely having combined department training exercises to hash out their differences that honestly shouldn't exist. We don't know the details, but it's hard to imagine an Officer Needs Assitance code going out or even Active Shooter and the local departments wouldn't be all over it without hesitation. Heck, in Jax, the quickest way to get jacked up as a suspect/criminal is for an Officer Needs Assistance to go out. Poor patrol cars go into at all cost abuse mode!!

(02-24-2018, 08:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't agree with this assessment. Protocols for an active shooting are usually to secure a perimeter and wait for SWAT. The idea that a lone cop should go running in there like some movie script isn't how it works, and the pure size of the facility makes the idea of running all over seem ludicrous. Now we got the sheriff tossing his man under the bus to create a scapegoat for all this and I think that, and all these stories demonizing this guy, are out of line. Maybe he should've done so, but the people judging him ither weren't there or have something to gain politically from this stuff.

1.) I'm not demonizing the guy.  In reality its a pretty human response.  He didn't rise to the honor of his badge but I'm not demonizing him, just pointing out a fact.  

2.) Post columbine that's not the protocol for an active school shooter.  They developed tactics that ideally a team of 4 but even a LONE OFFICER should enter the facility and address the perp.  

Well I'll be glad to demonize him.

You have a guy who's sole job is to protect the students. The one time he needed to perform his taxpayer-subsidized job he cowered outside. Contrast that with the heroic football coach, Aaron Feis, who confronted the killer (who henceforth should be called [BLEEP] #14) unarmed. Had Mr. Feis had a gun he would have saved a lot of lives.

There were three other BSO deputies who arrived while the gunfire was still going on and also cowered outside. Does the Broward County Sheriff actively train his deputies to be cowards, or did all four decide that individually? And after a total failure by BSO the sheriff is asking for more power. Pure Chutzpah.

I'd guess that the reason the Broward Coward was assigned to the school was that he was too incompetent to perform normal police duties. Government employees can never be fired for mere mundane incompetence, so, stuck with him, they found a job where they thought he'd be out of the way. Perhaps the FBI person who ignored the warning was also unfireable.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-24-2018, 02:52 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote: 1.) I'm not demonizing the guy.  In reality its a pretty human response.  He didn't rise to the honor of his badge but I'm not demonizing him, just pointing out a fact.  

Well I'll be glad to demonize him.

You have a guy who's sole job is to protect the students. The one time he needed to perform his taxpayer-subsidized job he cowered outside. Contrast that with the heroic football coach, Aaron Feis, who confronted the killer (who henceforth should be called [BLEEP] #14) unarmed. Had Mr. Feis had a gun he would have saved a lot of lives.

There were three other BSO deputies who arrived while the gunfire was still going on and also cowered outside. Does the Broward County Sheriff actively train his deputies to be cowards, or did all four decide that individually? And after a total failure by BSO the sheriff is asking for more power. Pure Chutzpah.

I'd guess that the reason the Broward Coward was assigned to the school was that he was too incompetent to perform normal police duties. Government employees can never be fired for mere mundane incompetence, so, stuck with him, they found a job where they thought he'd be out of the way. Perhaps the FBI person who ignored the warning was also unfireable.

[Image: clip_image00256.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato