Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 11:53 PM by Scarecrow.)

(02-14-2018, 10:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 10:28 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: You seem to be letting anger get in the way.

We are on the same side. Both of us want a solution. How we get to that solution is where we differ. 

What makes a gun death different than when a drunk driver crashes and hits another car resulting in a fatality? 

How is a gun death different than when a driver falls asleep, crosses the median causing an accident with multiple fatalities?

The gun owner pointed their weapon at someone and pulled the trigger with intent. The drunk or drowsy driver were negligent, but did not get behind the wheel intending to harm another human being.

Intent, Scarecrow. Guns were made with the intention of killing. They serve no other purpose. Vehicles were made with the intent of transporting people. Outside of circus acts, there is no practical use for guns as a vehicle.

And between you and me, the cannon in a circus act is just a large springboard with pyro on the edges of it. It's not even a real gun.

I get the premise of you argument TJ.

I am not a "gun nut" but at the same time I think the gun deaths get sensationalized by the media and politicians. 

Maybe we could focus some of the funding that goes towards the unwinnable war against drugs (specifically marijuana) towards mental health assets.

Guns aren't solely used to kill people. The good majority of people that own a gun never hurt a soul with it. They get joy out of having it, shooting it legally, and buying or trading them with other law abiding citizens.

We have larger problems in this country than gun control TJ.  I don't disagree that things can be made better in regards to gun control but the only thing that would stop this entirely is to take away ALL guns. That is not ever going to happen. We need to stop being stubborn and move beyond that. 

Let us work towards a solution that helps correct the cause of these incidents. The gun in not the cause.  Someone that murders people in this manner are insanely mentally ill. I haven't read up on this incident enough but I would guess this person showed signs to SOMEONE that he was mentally unstable in some way.  Maybe not.

It's not a real cannon? Next you're going to tell me the Easter bunny doesn't exist.

(02-14-2018, 11:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 11:13 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: Sorry I can't post lengthy replies at the present time but I will try and get back on later when my phone isn't running at a snails pace while accessing the board.

What about the 88,000 alcohol related deaths a year?

I'm not even going to respond because you know what the answer is, and because it's inconvenient to your argument your intent is to continue ignoring it.

No I don't. 

I'm not ignoring anything.

Alcohol serves no real purpose.  Why do we need alcohol? At least a gun can be used as self defense against a bad guy.  

Tobacco too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School - by Scarecrow - 02-14-2018, 11:51 PM