Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(02-16-2018, 09:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:21 AM)wrong_box Wrote: agree but how do you force family values on people? When violent movies and video games are tools parents allow their children to watch and play non stop so they are occupied and not bothering them, there is a problem, but how can you alleviate that? How can you force parents to actually spend quality time with their kids? How can you make kids like to emulate and glorify Rappers less who "sing" about killing cops, killing people who disrespect them, taking what they want from anyone, jacking cars, robbing and looting? "Music" today is all about glorifying "thug life" and gaining materialistic items...Technology depends on what you are grouping in that term...The ability to find anything you want in seconds via the internet is both a blessing and curse, but how do you make todays youth turn the tide back into a civilized group of kids who have morals and values?

That's the million dollar question man. I really don't know how you can force anyone to do anything honestly. Not without at least mandating it through force. Which will only make the situation worse and that's not the American way, at least not on our soil and not openly. It's really up to the individual to make that happen. It starts with the mother and father. And unfortunately anybody can have children these days. 

I am glad I am catching myself now before it's too late. I've literally found myself mentally trying to break away from my phone. Yelling at myself internally "Put it the [BLEEP] down!". It's addictive. A blessing and a curse like you perfectly put it. Not to sound too cheesy but I guess it really does come down to that old saying of "With great power comes great responsibility". And today's generation is TERRIFIED. [BLEEP] TERRIFIED of responsibility. 

Nobody wants to pick something up heavy and move it around anymore. Physically and metaphorically. I am guilty of that from time to time. But we owe it to our country and we owe it to our society and we honestly owe it to our future and our children and grandchildren's futures. Something has to give. Before we bottom out as a society.

agreed...no one really likes to do much of anything anymore other than stare at their phones and work them keys, or wear those controllers out including grown men and women

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School - by wrong_box - 02-16-2018, 10:07 AM