Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

The more I think about this, the more I think it's time for a Constitutional amendment. The founding fathers wrote the Second Amendment to allow people with muskets and powder-loaded pistols to defend themselves if a foreign government invaded the country. They could not have foreseen "semi-automatic" weapons that are stupidly easy to turn into full automatic spray 'n pray hand cannons. The concept of a repeater rifle was foreign to them, so how can we argue that pistols with a 10-round or higher capacity were covered? Armor piercing rounds? Tracers? When they wrote the Second Amendment, it was three rounds a minute at best. Now? A bump stock can make an AR-15 fire 6 rounds per second.

The Seventh Amendment is almost entirely ignored today because, as written, it's obsolete. So's the Second Amendment. No foreign armies are going to occupy America anytime ever, and your guns have nothing to do with that. I doubt I'll ever get to the point of saying ban guns entirely, but I don't think anything out there needs more than six bullets in it. Think about how much time would be spent reloading, and all the extra ammo, weight and bulk that would have to be carried around. I don't know why bump stocks are legal anymore. I don't know why any weapon that's legal if held a certain way and a felony if held a different way hasn't been outright banned. If you can honestly say that stricter gun laws regulating the type and capacity of weapons allowed for civilian use wouldn't have stopped (or at least lowered the body count of) the mass shootings that are happening all the damn time, then you're either an idiot or an indoctrinated parrot of the alt-right.

There's a mental health problem. Yes, families are different than they were 40 years ago, but want to know something that will blow your mind? In the '70s, people with severe mental health problems were in hospitals, and the undiagnosed didn't have an assortment of high-powered, high capacity rifles in their redneck daddy's closet to choose from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School - by TJBender - 02-18-2018, 01:12 PM