Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 10:36 AM by B2hibry.)

While there have been some student accounts of tactical equipment being worn, I don't think that has been confirmed other than a vest. If in fact, he did have all that equipment, I don't think to carry a large athletic bag to school would have seemed that unusual to an Uber driver. One of the biggest issues is the campus security and the ability for just anyone to access any of the buildings without question. He was able to go into an unmonitored stairwell and prepare/outfit. Definitely unusual today, especially south Florida. I attended high school in Palm Beach County in the late 80s-early 90s and my school was locked down during school hours with only entry and exit through the main office building. Two golf carts with resource officers patrolled around the campus at all times. Have they budgeted out student security?

(02-27-2018, 10:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 10:20 AM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Wasn't he in body armor?  I don't think this was as simple as a guy standing out in the open in plain sight for the average Joe to take down.

Body armor isn't stopping a 7.62 bullet to his head.
Chances are the body armor he had access to couldn't either. Folks also believe that if you get hit and a vest stops it, you just move along unscathed. Not the case. You are going down in PAIN!!! A trained individual knows the exposed/weak areas of basic tactical vests anyways. There was definitely opportunity to stop this if there weren't so many cowards or poorly trained officers.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School - by B2hibry - 02-27-2018, 10:32 AM