Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Allen Robinson: Every team knows what I'm capable of

Allen Robinson: Every team knows what I'm capable of

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...capable-of

Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Allen Robinson played in just one game in 2017 before tearing his ACL but isn't worried that the season-long injury could sink his free agency value.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sounds like he is wanting to test the open market.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 04:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Sounds like he is wanting to test the open market.

Too bad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Players and their agents understand it is a short career and the free agent market maximizes the economics. ARob, also, understands this fact. Unfortunately for him, the Jags can tag him if he does not agree to a long term deal.

And tag him, they should!
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I could see him going to San Fran if he gets to free agency.

What we don't need is an offseason of distractions. They need to reach an agreement before it becomes a battle of words. We know what Arob is capable of too. And that's 1400 yards and 14 TDs. That's almost a touchdown per game. With the way we got thin real quick in 2017, Arob is a sight for sore eyes.

No tag necessary. A deal will get done, and Arob will be a Jag.

(02-15-2018, 09:24 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I could see him going to San Fran if he gets to free agency.

or Chicago

(02-15-2018, 04:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Sounds like he is wanting to test the open market.

More like he's trying to set a narrative for getting paid, just standard media play for any free agent expected to be picked up fast.

Yes tag him asap and work on a deal.
No Fun

(02-16-2018, 03:58 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

More like he's trying to set a narrative for getting paid, just standard media play for any free agent expected to be picked up fast.

That's what I'm thinking. I still think he gets inked for something like $12.5 mil per year. 

'02

(02-15-2018, 09:24 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: I could see him going to San Fran if he gets to free agency.

Why San Fran?
[Image: giphy.gif]

(02-18-2018, 11:35 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:

Why San Fran?

They need a WR and have a ton of money to spend. They are also seen as an up and coming team with a franchise QB.

I think this one has already been spotted for what it is by Jags02 and DragonFury.

It’s a bargaining ploy.

He knows there is zero chance he’ll hit free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-18-2018, 12:44 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 11:35 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Why San Fran?

They need a WR and have a ton of money to spend. They are also seen as an up and coming team with a franchise QB.

I respect that but what I don't understand why wouldn't he want to stay with a team that was 10 minutes away from a Super Bowl? He hate Blake Bortles that much even though it's clear that he has improved this year?

(02-18-2018, 06:36 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 12:44 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: They need a WR and have a ton of money to spend. They are also seen as an up and coming team with a franchise QB.

I respect that but what I don't understand why wouldn't he want to stay with a team that was 10 minutes away from a Super Bowl? He hate Blake Bortles that much even though it's clear that he has improved this year?

Why would Calais Campbell go the 3-13 Jaguars who haven't had a winning season in 10 years instead of his hometown Broncos who won the Super Bowl two years before and have a top notch defense? Because money.

(02-18-2018, 07:19 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:36 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I respect that but what I don't understand why wouldn't he want to stay with a team that was 10 minutes away from a Super Bowl? He hate Blake Bortles that much even though it's clear that he has improved this year?

Why would Calais Campbell go the 3-13 Jaguars who haven't had a winning season in 10 years instead of his hometown Broncos who won the Super Bowl two years before and have a top notch defense? Because money.
The same money that we can give him

Wink 

(02-18-2018, 07:19 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:36 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: I respect that but what I don't understand why wouldn't he want to stay with a team that was 10 minutes away from a Super Bowl? He hate Blake Bortles that much even though it's clear that he has improved this year?

Because Calais knows

Looking at it another way, does the fact ARob is still tweeting about his value to other teams suggest he is still looking to negotiate and that the franchise tag is not yet an inevitability?

Maybe it’s a positive sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-17-2018, 05:07 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Yes tag him asap and work on a deal.

Tag him, let him play 8 games so we can measure his recovery, then work on a long term deal.