Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

I’m not surprised. I bet there are plenty of negotiations that haven’t started yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He better be on this team. He’s our best offensive player IMOZ
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(02-22-2018, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...arted-yet/

This is odd, I wounder if they have already made their mind up that they will tag A Rob or they just believe Cole and Westbrook will take the next step and dont feel A Rob is worth the huge contract.  No way do we cut Hurns if A Rob is gone.  It says they likely begin discussions next week, I hope so

Word is that they will start discussions next week in Indy. I’m betting they wanted to wait as long as possible to see how the rehab process would go.

Here's the thing...he missed the entire season...nobody's fault but he did.
If he's here next year, it should be because he wants to be....not because he was forced.

FWIW...I don't really want him under those circumstances....especially if he doesn't want to be.
We'll be just fine.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

It’s not that hard. You franchise him.

If he’s playing really well 4-5 games into the season and looks
Healthy, you start negotiation a really good contract that he’s going to be happy with. He’s a stud, he’s young, he’s unlike any receiver we’ve had since Jimmy Smith.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 03:32 PM by The Real Marty.)

There may be a lot of things that are contingent or dependent on other things.    And that may be the reason for the delay.  For example, if we go after Kirk Cousins, we might not be able to afford to franchise ARob.   Same kind of thing with Hurns.  If we don't franchise ARob, we may decide we need to keep Hurns. 

They may be trying to decide, Bortles and Arob, or Cousins and Hurns.  Which pair do we want?  Just an example.  

So action on one thing might depend on how things go with other things.

(02-23-2018, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: There may be a lot of things that are contingent or dependent on other things.    And that may be the reason for the delay.  For example, if we go after Kirk Cousins, we might not be able to afford to franchise ARob.   Same kind of thing with Hurns.  If we don't franchise ARob, we may decide we need to keep Hurns. 

They may be trying to decide, Bortles and Arob, or Cousins and Hurns.  Which pair do we want?  Just an example.  

Great point.

+1
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-23-2018, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: There may be a lot of things that are contingent or dependent on other things.    And that may be the reason for the delay.  For example, if we go after Kirk Cousins, we might not be able to afford to franchise ARob.   Same kind of thing with Hurns.  If we don't franchise ARob, we may decide we need to keep Hurns. 

If they tag him and sign Cousins, they can remove the tag, can’t they?

My guess is that Hurns is only back if they cut a new deal.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-23-2018, 03:41 PM)FBT Wrote:

If they tag him and sign Cousins, they can remove the tag, can’t they?

My guess is that Hurns is only back if they cut a new deal.

Great point, but if he signs the tag before we remove it, aren't we stuck then?

(02-15-2018, 09:59 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They'll look to replace him with Landry through Free Agency or through the draft. And they'll make the argument that we were one game away from the Superbowl without him. My problem with that though is the S.O.S looks a lot more brutal in 2018 in comparison to 2017. We face off against the AFC East & NFC East. Along with our divisional games and then I believe we're getting Pittsburgh and the L.A Chargers once again.

I think we need him. I think he was honestly the difference we needed all year because he's the big, fast, go up and get it type of receiver that Blake missed much of the year. Also, his presence on the field would have made Hurn's, Lee's, Westbrook's and Cole's jobs a lot more EASIER. Ultimately I think they get a deal done that mutually benefits the team and him. We need him. I think if anything you let Lee walk and cut or trade Hurns before you allow Robinson to walk.

In a perfect world we keep them all. But it's looking less likely. Especially with the emergence of Cole and Westbrook. No sense in tying up too much cap space in Robinson, Lee & Hurns.
The problem is we are no longer sure he can go up or fast after that ACL. I agree that the outcomes have improved over the last ten years, but ARob wasn't that fast in the first place. Now he could jump like crazy, and thats what I really want to see. Its tough, a franchise tag seems like too much, but we need to do something.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Seeing the updates in the thread it looks like the Jags are going to let the market set his value. They aren't that concerned with keeping him. I kind of understand the guy was a malcontent under Gus. Maybe they are thinking we can get some compensatory picks also.

Also, Hurns isn't going anywhere, his contract is not that rich and it wouldn't be that hard for him to live upto it in 16 games. Think we are drafting a new WR in the early rounds tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 04:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

You wouldn’t believe what I just heard...

Ramsey just tweeted that and Brett Martineau tweeted Jags Twitter is gonna explode. ARob signing?

On phone and can't paste the tweets for some reason. I hope it's a ARob deal

(02-24-2018, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You wouldn’t believe what I just heard...

Ramsey just tweeted that and Brett Martineau tweeted  Jags Twitter is gonna explode.  ARob signing?

On phone and can't paste the tweets for some reason.  I hope it's a ARob deal
I Think Blake got an extension.

(02-24-2018, 04:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You wouldn’t believe what I just heard...

Ramsey just tweeted that and Brett Martineau tweeted  Jags Twitter is gonna explode.  ARob signing?

On phone and can't paste the tweets for some reason.  I hope it's a ARob deal
I Think Blake got an extension.

If it's cheaper than 19 mil and not a lot guaranteed I'm good with it.  Would rather Bortles and Sitton than just Cousins

I'd say his new contract would be roughly the same amount as the option this year. Then with year 2/3/4 all being similarly priced option years with the ability to cut him whenever and incentives built in to reward him if he develops into a franchise guy.

(02-24-2018, 03:36 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: How about Martavis Bryant as a lower cost, healthy replacement? I think he’s faster and still offers the jump ball element. Trade ARob for him straight up.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 05:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-24-2018, 05:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 03:36 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: How about Martavis Bryant as a lower cost, healthy replacement? I think he’s faster and still offers the jump ball element. Trade ARob for him straight up.

You are on crack If you think Bryant is anything closr to A Rob, not to mention maybe the biggest head case in all of football

(02-24-2018, 05:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd say his new contract would be roughly the same amount as the option this year. Then with year 2/3/4 all being similarly priced option years with the ability to cut him whenever and incentives built in to reward him if he develops into a franchise guy.

I'm sure it will be something like that but I don't think it's a new Bortles deal

(02-24-2018, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjagsYou are on crack If you think Bryant is anything closr to A Rob, not to mention maybe the biggest head case in all of football Wrote: No, I’m just on weed at most here. Robinson is proven, albeit coming off an ACL, whereas Bryant has merely flashed at times. I’m saying Bryant is cheaper and an athletic specimen himself. If Robinson won’t sign a one year prove it, trade him for the cheaper Bryant to be the deep threat and spend the difference to help shore up TE and guard, making for a more well rounded offense.

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I would certainly NOT feel great with a WR corps of Hurns-Cole-Westbrook-Rookie going into the season. Wayyyyy too much youth and inexperience for a true Super Bowl contender

(02-24-2018, 11:47 PM)JNev Wrote: I would certainly NOT feel great with a WR corps of Hurns-Cole-Westbrook-Rookie going into the season. Wayyyyy too much youth and inexperience for a true Super Bowl contender

I'd be fine with it.