Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What happens if ARob doesn't return?

(02-24-2018, 11:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 11:47 PM)JNev Wrote: I would certainly NOT feel great with a WR corps of Hurns-Cole-Westbrook-Rookie going into the season. Wayyyyy too much youth and inexperience for a true Super Bowl contender

I'd be fine with it.

None of those guys are #1 WRs. They're all solid #2s right now. You could get away with it but I don't know where else we could spend our money and get a better return

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-25-2018, 12:04 AM)JNev Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 11:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd be fine with it.

None of those guys are #1 WRs. They're all solid #2s right now. You could get away with it but I don't know where else we could spend our money and get a better return

2 of those guys were rookies. Very, very, very rarely does a rookie come in and become a #1 receiver. Can't we see what they do in year 2, before we put them into a box as a #2 receiver? You're not even giving them a chance to develop before you pigeon-hole them.

(02-25-2018, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:04 AM)JNev Wrote: None of those guys are #1 WRs. They're all solid #2s right now. You could get away with it but I don't know where else we could spend our money and get a better return

2 of those guys were rookies. Very, very, very rarely does a rookie come in and become a #1 receiver. Can't we see what they do in year 2, before we put them into a box as a #2 receiver? You're not even giving them a chance to develop before you pigeon-hole them.

It's more so that at this stage I can't count on them being a #1. I think Dede or Keelan could be #1s in the right situation

(02-25-2018, 12:46 AM)JNev Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 2 of those guys were rookies. Very, very, very rarely does a rookie come in and become a #1 receiver. Can't we see what they do in year 2, before we put them into a box as a #2 receiver? You're not even giving them a chance to develop before you pigeon-hole them.

It's more so that at this stage I can't count on them being a #1. I think Dede or Keelan could be #1s in the right situation

We went deep into the playoffs with them. I'm just saying give them a chance before writing them off.

I think the odds went way up that ARob will be back, with Blake getting extended.

(02-25-2018, 07:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the odds went way up that ARob will be back, with Blake getting extended.

I think the odds of a lot of people returning went up with this extension, assuming Bortles continues with a high level of play.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Exactly hit the nail on the head
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(02-25-2018, 08:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 07:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the odds went way up that ARob will be back, with Blake getting extended.

I think the odds of a lot of people returning went up with this extension, assuming Bortles continues with a high level of play.
I think this definitely helps ARobs chances.

How do you feel about Hurns, Lee and Colvin?

(02-25-2018, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I think the odds of a lot of people returning went up with this extension, assuming Bortles continues with a high level of play.
I think this definitely helps ARobs chances.

I think Hurns stays he is already under contract. Lee would probably be the odd man out. Colvin i would like to keep but as i have read in many places they may not be able to because he is better then alot of starting CBs in the league and ppl think we will not pay Starting CB money to our Nickle CB.

I wouldn't worry about that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2m2 minutes ago
With their triumvirate of bosses and their QB locked up, the #Jaguars will turn their attention to trying to sign WR Allen Robinson, I’m told. They created $12.6M in cap space over the past 3 days, so plenty of flexibility if there is a deal to be done.

Get Dez too lol

(02-24-2018, 08:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:41 PM)FBT Wrote: If they tag him and sign Cousins, they can remove the tag, can’t they?

My guess is that Hurns is only back if they cut a new deal.

Great point, but if he signs the tag before we remove it, aren't we stuck then?

I don't think so.  The team can't remove the tag if he doesn't sign it.  

Regardless, I don't think the team is going to let ARob walk without compensation, so at a minimum, they're going to tag him, and best case scenario, they get a long term deal hammered out.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-25-2018, 12:54 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think this definitely helps ARobs chances.

I think Hurns stays he is already under contract. Lee would probably be the odd man out. Colvin i would like to keep but as i have read in many places they may not be able to because he is better then alot of starting CBs in the league and ppl think we will not pay Starting CB money to our Nickle CB.

There's no way Coughlin evaluates the receiving corps and sees Lee as a guy they need to hang on to.  He's not the deep threat we were expecting when he was drafted.  He's been pretty inconsistent with his play with a lot of drops.  My guess is Coughlin won't think twice about letting him hit the free agent market.

I think the team is going to let Colvin walk.  Odds are, they can find another nickel corner who will be good enough to hold his own.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

The one thing i noticed the last 2 years about Arob along with hurns and lee and other recievers not named walters. There was not alot of seperation and balls where jump balls or thrown in tight windows which sometimes got the INT. This year receivers showed greater seperation with the DBs. Even Arobs only play he was crossing with seperation. I think alot of that is on Kennan being the coach. I cant wait to see what Arob can do with a year under his belt learning from a great receiver. Look at how good the rookies did this year. I think Arob will be back and be a more complete receiver.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
More
With their triumvirate of bosses and their QB locked up, the #Jaguars will turn their attention to trying to sign WR Allen Robinson, I’m told. They created $12.6M in cap space over the past 3 days, so plenty of flexibility if there is a deal to be done.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 03:14 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

What if ARob doesn't return? It doesn't matter, he doesn't run the whole route tree and is a #1b or the top #2 receiver on any team. Jags have Blake for the next 3 years and he makes avg receivers, great, because of his great ability to read defenses and throw behind the receiver on crossing routes.

(02-26-2018, 03:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: What if ARob doesn't return? It doesn't matter, he doesn't run the whole route tree and is a #1b or the top #2 receiver on any team.  Jags have Blake for the next 3 years and he makes avg receivers, great, because of his great ability to read defenses and throw behind the receiver on crossing routes.

Nice one.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 03:52 PM by NJ JagsFan.)

With the Blake deal, we should definitely be able to sign ARob now which is great.

I'm crossing my figures at signing ARob, signing a guard in FA and then drafting a QB and TE in the first two rounds.

Would just like to make note that I am a BB5 supporter but TBH I could kinda still see him go either way so drafting a QB is more for the insurance aspect.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 04:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-26-2018, 11:22 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Get Dez too lol

No thanks, would rather give those reps to Cole and Westbrook