Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Lamar Jackson or G Isaiah Wynn

I did a basic mock draft up until the Jaguars pick...

1. Browns – QB Sam Darnold
  2. Giants – QB Josh Rosen
  3. Colts – DE Brad Chubb
  4. Browns (through Texans) - Saquon Barkley
  5. Broncos – QB Josh Allen
  6. Jets – QB Baker Mayfield
  7. Bucs – DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
  8. Bears – CB Denzel Ward
  9. 49ers – LB Tremaine Edmunds
  10. Raiders – LB Roquan Smith
  11. Dolphins – G Quenton Nelson
  12. Bengals – OT Orlando Brown
  13. Redskins – DE Marcus Davenport
  14. Packers – CB Mike Hughes
  15. Cards – WR Calvin Ridley
  16. Ravens – OT Conner Williams
  17. Chargers – DT Vita Vea
  18. Seahawks – S Derwin James
  19. Cowboys – WR Courtland Sutton
  20. Lions – DT Maurice Hurst
  21. Bills – DT Da’Ron Payne
  22. Bills (through Chiefs) – C Billy Price
  23. Rams – CB Josh Jackson
  24. Panthers – WR Christian Kirk
  25. Titans – DE Harold Landry
  26. Falcons – DT Harrison Phillips
  27. Saints – TE Dallas Goedert
  28. Steelers – CB Isaiah Oliver
  29. Jaguars - ?
Georgia G Isaiah Wynn and Louisville QB Lamar Jackson stand out to me as the best options.

What direction do you think the Jaguars would go here?

Some other intriguing names include OT Mike McGlinchy
(probably moves to RT in NFL), WR James Washington, QB Mason Rudolph, TE Mark Andrews, TE Hayden Hurst, DT Taven Bryan, DE Arden Key, OLB Rashan Evans, MLB Leighton Vander Esch, CB Dante Jackson and S Ronnie Harrison.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If they're desperate to win now at all costs it'll be a guard or TE probably.

If they are serious about trying to keep the window alive longer by passing the baton from Bortles to another rookie contract QB it should be a 1st round QB, hopefully Jackson but I think they'll like Rudolph more.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 07:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

I'd take the guard.

For one thing, I'm not that impressed with Lamar Jackson as a prospective NFL QB, and secondly, I am all about improving the offensive line.  If we want to be a running team, we have to have great offensive linemen.

Will Hernandez

I think we all know I'd take Rudolph, but for the sake of this scenario, you gave two options. For me, this isn't even a contest. Isaiah Wynn is one of the most talented O-Linemen in this draft. I believe he would be an ideal OG and we desperately need to upgrade the run blocking on our interior. I don't believe Lamar Jackson will ever be a long term starter in the NFL and I also believe he falls to the middle of the 2nd round, if not further. I easily take Wynn.

Will Hernandez

In order...
QB Lamar Jackson ...serious playmaker worthy of development
OT Mike McGlinchey ...Mayock's top rated OT, best at RT
OG Isaiah Wynn ...stout athletic and technical OG, immediate starter
TE Hayden Hurst ...give BB5 a combo end with pass catcher skills, mature

Wynn would be my choice. Not only would he immediately upgrade the guard position, but he could fill in at tackle if an injury occurs. This versatility would be invaluable, especially when it is unusual to have a season when key offensive linemen get hurt. In addition to Wynn, I think they should pick up a free agent on the offensive line. Imagine a line of:

Robinson-Wynn-Linder-Pugh-Parnell

They might still be able to draft Rudolph in the 2nd round, although it's 70-30 he'll be gone. Then take the best tight end available in the 3rd. I like Fumagali due to his blocking and he should still be on the board.

(02-17-2018, 06:08 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I did a basic mock draft up until the Jaguars pick...

3. Colts – DE Brad Chubb
  29. Jaguars - ?
Georgia G Isaiah Wynn and Louisville QB Lamar Jackson stand out to me as the best options.

(probably moves to RT in NFL), WR James Washington, QB Mason Rudolph, TE Hayden Hurst, RB Derriius Guise, DT Taven Bryan, DE Arden Key, OLB Rashan Evans, MLB Leighton Vander Esch, CB Dante Jackson and S Ronnie Harrison.

Just out of curiosity, where do you have Kirk Cousins signing and do you have Nick Foles being traded? That should fill two starting QB vacancies.

(02-17-2018, 02:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 06:08 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I did a basic mock draft up until the Jaguars pick...

3. Colts – DE Brad Chubb
  29. Jaguars - ?

(probably moves to RT in NFL), WR James Washington, QB Mason Rudolph, TE Hayden Hurst, RB Derriius Guise, DT Taven Bryan, DE Arden Key, OLB Rashan Evans, MLB Leighton Vander Esch, CB Dante Jackson and S Ronnie Harrison.

Just out of curiosity, where do you have Kirk Cousins signing and do you have Nick Foles being traded? That should fill two starting QB vacancies.
I feel like most mocks don't take that into consideration because it's just impossible to predict. Especially when you throw in Bradford, Teddy, Keenum, Tyrod, and McCarron now. While unlikely, all of those guys could conceivably be thought of as starters by teams. That's 5-7 potential starters still not in place. It's easier to just ignore all the noise and take things how they are now

(02-17-2018, 03:38 PM)JNev Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just out of curiosity, where do you have Kirk Cousins signing and do you have Nick Foles being traded? That should fill two starting QB vacancies.
I feel like most mocks don't take that into consideration because it's just impossible to predict. Especially when you throw in Bradford, Teddy, Keenum, Tyrod, and McCarron now. While unlikely, all of those guys could conceivably be thought of as starters by teams. That's 5-7 potential starters still not in place. It's easier to just ignore all the noise and take things how they are now

I get where you're coming from, but where Cousins lands will drastically effect mock drafts and I believe that has to be in consideration. Personally, I believe there is about a 70% chance he ends up in Denver, but a dark horse team that no one is talking about is Minnesota. He stated that the Vikings would be his ideal team. Minnesota has a lot of free agent money to spend and Cousins would be an upgrade over both Keenum and Bridgewater. I'd give them about a 20% chance of getting him and a 10% chance for any other team in the league. Whatever team signs him, he will be their long term starter and they in all likelihood, would not draft a QB. As far as guys like Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum, Tyrod and McCarron, I may be wrong, but I just don't see them as long term starters in the NFL. Teams will undoubtedly sign them and they may start right away, but I don't believe that their signings will effect their teams draft plans in any way. If they needed a starting QB, I believe they would still draft one, despite signing one of those guys in free agency.

Lamar easy.

Even if the someone early lands Cousins and a QB drops, that QB is not dropping all that much further. The Jaguars most likely are stilll looking at Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph as the top QBs available.

While I wouldn't object to either QB, I'm really liking the possibility that Isaiah Wynn is their pick at the spot.

'02

Lol @ all the Lamar hate.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Mike McGlinchey.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 10:35 PM by JackCity.)

(02-17-2018, 10:05 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Mike McGlinchey.

Backup tackle for 2018? Not a fan of his at all, even if it's as potential Parnell successor.

(02-17-2018, 10:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Backup tackle for 2018? Not a fan of his at all, even if it's as potential Parnell successor.

Lol backup

(02-17-2018, 10:43 PM)Jags02 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LXpqHK63Wc

This was a very informative debate as well as videos showing Lamar at his best and worst. There are some indisputable positives regarding Jackson:

1. Most athletic q.b. since Vick.
2. Quick release
3. Only 20 years old
4. Very good arm.

Although he can be inaccurate, it seems like his decision-making is not the problem. His size is a real concern when combined with the fact he does run a lot. He may have been good at avoiding big hits in college, but will that be the case in the NFL? Bortles' biggest strength is his durability and ability to take hits. He isn't the dynamic runner Jackson is, but he did make a lot of key plays with his feet. 

Will the Jaguars take the risk of selecting Jackson if he is available? I can't see this happening since he doesn't seem like a Coughlin-type quarterback to me. Also, this team has a Super-Bowl window right now and I can't see them taking someone in the first round who probably won't even play much in his first season. Time will tell whether they end up regretting this decision, but I'd be very surprised if they don't select an offensive lineman who will start right away.

(02-17-2018, 10:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I am a Notre Dame fan and watch about every one of their games.  I might be wrong, but I think this guy is waayyyyyyyy overrated.  He is really good with the run game, but I feel like every time I watched him he struggled against speed rushers.  If you struggle with speed at the college level you will at the pro level for sure.  

Even my father-in-law who is a die hard ND fan and makes excuses for everyone in their program who is not successful says this guy is overrated.  If he was available in round 2 I would grab him, but not over Wynn.

I don't hate Lamar Jackson, but he reminds me of Mariota and I have been very clear that I am not overly impressed with Mariota.  That being said, #29 pick vs. #2 pick might make me change my mind.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus