Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Lamar Jackson or G Isaiah Wynn

(02-24-2018, 04:52 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 02:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Two entirely different types of QB's. Garrard ran half as much as Jackson did in college.

Jackson also threw for as many yards in one less year than Garrard.

(02-24-2018, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was thinking the same thing.  Garrard was more accurate too

You should probably check your stats before making false claims.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...ard-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...son-1.html

College stats lol, Tebow had a 66.7 completion percentage so he is way more accurate than Jackson right?  Just facts I guess.  Garrard had a 18 TD and 3 INT season in the NFL, he didnt take a lot of risky throws and not the biggest arm but Garrard was pretty accurate

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 04:20 PM by knarnn.)

(02-25-2018, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 04:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Jackson also threw for as many yards in one less year than Garrard.

You should probably check your stats before making false claims.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...ard-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...son-1.html

College stats lol, Tebow had a 66.7 completion percentage so he is way more accurate than Jackson right?  Just facts I guess.  Garrard had a 18 TD and 3 INT season in the NFL, he didnt take a lot of risky throws and not the biggest arm but Garrard was pretty accurate

Both Garrard and Jackson entered the draft with 57% completion rates. Did you not say Garrard was more accurate than Jackson? Seems petty equal to me. 02 made mention that Garrard was drafted by Coughlin which is true. Some people have mentioned that Coughlin came from the Bill Parcells way of identifying franchise QBs, which obviously Coughlin has deviated from this philosophy by evidence of drafting Garrard. All that aside and just based on the numbers Garrard and Jackson have plenty of similarities in their games with Garrard being a little bigger but with Jackson being the better athlete.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 04:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-25-2018, 04:19 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  College stats lol, Tebow had a 66.7 completion percentage so he is way more accurate than Jackson right?  Just facts I guess.  Garrard had a 18 TD and 3 INT season in the NFL, he didnt take a lot of risky throws and not the biggest arm but Garrard was pretty accurate

Both Garrard and Jackson entered the draft with 57% completion rates. Did you not say Garrard was more accurate than Jackson? Seems petty equal to me. 02 made mention that Garrard was drafted by Coughlin which is true. Some people have mentioned that Coughlin came from the Bill Parcells way of identifying franchise QBs, which obviously Coughlin has deviated from this philosophy by evidence of drafting Garrard. All that aside and just based on the numbers Garrard and Jackson have plenty of similarities in their games with Garrard being a little bigger but with Jackson being the better athlete.

There are a few different things that can factor in in completion %.  Just because their completion % is the same doesnt mean one cant be more accurate than the other.  I do think Garrard was more accurate and that wasnt a false claim. Tebow was way more accurate than Jackson right? 66.7%

(02-25-2018, 04:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:19 PM)knarnn Wrote: Both Garrard and Jackson entered the draft with 57% completion rates. Did you not say Garrard was more accurate than Jackson? Seems petty equal to me. 02 made mention that Garrard was drafted by Coughlin which is true. Some people have mentioned that Coughlin came from the Bill Parcells way of identifying franchise QBs, which obviously Coughlin has deviated from this philosophy by evidence of drafting Garrard. All that aside and just based on the numbers Garrard and Jackson have plenty of similarities in their games with Garrard being a little bigger but with Jackson being the better athlete.

There are a few different things that can factor in in completion %.  Just because their completion % is the same doesnt mean one cant be more accurate than the other.  I do think Garrard was more accurate and that wasnt a false claim.  Tebow was way more accurate than Jackson right?  66.7%

Tebow was a hell of a college QB. His problem was it didn’t carry over the the big leagues. He never finished over 50% competition with the Broncos.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-25-2018, 05:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: There are a few different things that can factor in in completion %.  Just because their completion % is the same doesnt mean one cant be more accurate than the other.  I do think Garrard was more accurate and that wasnt a false claim.  Tebow was way more accurate than Jackson right?  66.7%

Tebow was a hell of a college QB. His problem was it didn’t carry over the the big leagues. He never finished over 50% competition with the Broncos.
I went by the same thing you did, college stats.  So you can only use college completion percentage as accuracy when it fits your agenda?

(02-25-2018, 06:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 05:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: Tebow was a hell of a college QB. His problem was it didn’t carry over the the big leagues. He never finished over 50% competition with the Broncos.
I went by the same thing you did, college stats.  So you can only use college completion percentage as accuracy when it fits your agenda?

We can’t compare Jackson’s pro stats to Tebow’s because there are none yet. I’m going by what is currently available. Tebow was better accuracy wise in college. He started tinkering with his throwing mechanics after college and it obviously backfired.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 10:38 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(02-25-2018, 08:33 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 06:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I went by the same thing you did, college stats.  So you can only use college completion percentage as accuracy when it fits your agenda?

We can’t compare Jackson’s pro stats to Tebow’s because there are none yet. I’m going by what is currently available. Tebow was better accuracy wise in college. He started tinkering with his throwing mechanics after college and it obviously backfired.

As a gator fan I can't agree with this.  Jackson had horrid college receivers while Tebow had NFL caliber threats.  If Lamar had our offense from those Tebow years........JESUSSSSSSS.  Just say you want someone else but don't compare please.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(02-25-2018, 10:37 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:33 PM)knarnn Wrote: We can’t compare Jackson’s pro stats to Tebow’s because there are none yet. I’m going by what is currently available. Tebow was better accuracy wise in college. He started tinkering with his throwing mechanics after college and it obviously backfired.

As a gator fan I can't agree with this.  Jackson had horrid college receivers while Tebow had NFL caliber threats.  If Lamar had our offense from those Tebow years........JESUSSSSSSS.  Just say you want someone else but don't compare please.

I totally agree that LJ had trash attempting to catch balls for him. He has the highest drop rate percentage out of the all the top QB prospects. I’ve brought it up before and there are plenty of other people that have too.

So Lamar Jackson was more dense than Darnold, Rosen, and Falk...when are they moving to WR?

(03-01-2018, 10:42 AM)Upper Wrote: So Lamar Jackson was more dense than Darnold, Rosen, and Falk...when are they moving to WR?

He was essentially the same measurement as Darnold.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 08:36 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This makes me think even more Will Hernandez will be our top guy

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/3/1/1...ampionship

I would honestly love a Will Hernandez and Frang Ragnow draft. I know it wont happen but our oline would be nasty

Lamar Jackson with a very good debut so far...

Gdi

Running QBs don't last. Lamar better learn how to pass more

Bengals is one of the worst defenses in NFL. Need LJ to face a decent defense to make any determination.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2018, 07:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-18-2018, 05:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Running QBs don't last. Lamar better learn how to pass more

(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Bengals is one of the worst defenses in NFL. Need LJ to face a decent defense to make any determination.

Exactly

(11-18-2018, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lamar Jackson with a very good debut so far...

Very good?

(11-18-2018, 07:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 05:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Running QBs don't last. Lamar better learn how to pass more

(11-18-2018, 06:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Bengals is one of the worst defenses in NFL. Need LJ to face a decent defense to make any determination.

Exactly

(11-18-2018, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lamar Jackson with a very good debut so far...

Very good?

Read the next post.  Overall, he played well.

Yea he's not going to last 5 games rushing it 27 times each outing. Ugly ugly ugly INT too

(11-19-2018, 04:50 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea he's not going to last 5 games rushing it 27 times each outing. Ugly ugly ugly INT too

He's not going to be rushing that much every game

(11-19-2018, 05:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 04:50 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea he's not going to last 5 games rushing it 27 times each outing. Ugly ugly ugly INT too

He's not going to be rushing that much every game

Even half of that is really really high for a thin QB