Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knife-wielding attackers kill 29, injure 130 at China train station

So who needs a gun..........

Lu Haiyan said the slaughter began while she and a friend were standing in the ticket hall of a Chinese train station.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asi...index.html
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-17-2018, 09:53 AM)The Drifter Wrote: So who needs a gun..........

Lu Haiyan said the slaughter began while she and a friend were standing in the ticket hall of a Chinese train station.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asi...index.html

This could have been prevented.............by a passenger with a gun!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Weird, I mentioned China and their knife issue in one of the shooting threads and the anti-gun, non-american just shrugged it off. In any case, stabbings in schools and public locations are pretty rampant in China. Sadly, although not in mass, it is catching on in Japan as well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Did you actually read it? It was 10 men who did this. Not one person. If those 10 men had AR-15s, I’m sure they would have killed more than 29.

(02-17-2018, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did you actually read it? It was 10 men who did this. Not one person. If those 10 men had AR-15s, I’m sure they would have killed more than 29.

The point of the thread is that men with evil intentions will always find a way to kill. Be it with a knife, a gun, or a rock
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(02-17-2018, 11:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 10:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did you actually read it? It was 10 men who did this. Not one person. If those 10 men had AR-15s, I’m sure they would have killed more than 29.

The point of the thread is that men with evil intentions will always find a way to kill. Be it with a knife, a gun, or a rock
No one is denying that. However, there is not one person going out on a mass knifing spree.

(02-17-2018, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote: The point of the thread is that men with evil intentions will always find a way to kill. Be it with a knife, a gun, or a rock
No one is denying that. However, there is not one person going out on a mass knifing spree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 06:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Typical Drifter

Yes, multiply 10 men by 17 killings per person and 170 would have been dead by means of an AR-15 in the USA --- actually that number (170) is low because the ability to stop  attackers with AR-15s would have been an extensive challenge

SO, IT TOOK 10 ATTACKERS IN CHINA TO KILL LESS PEOPLE THAN A SINGLE ATTACKER IN LAS VEGAS.

(02-17-2018, 02:30 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: No one is denying that. However, there is not one person going out on a mass knifing spree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html
I stand slightly corrected.

A man breaks into a disabled complex.
Murders disabled people in their sleep at 2am.

Close to what happened in America.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2018, 04:04 PM by lastonealive.)

Wow really reaching now.

You should tell the arny they only need knives, big budget saving that would be.

Can you find a more recent one. They do have a population over a billion and dont have guns to protect themselves so must be loads to choose from....

(02-17-2018, 03:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 02:30 PM)jj82284 Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html
I stand slightly corrected.

A man breaks into a disabled complex.
Murders disabled people in their sleep at 2am.

Close to what happened in America.

Dead is dead. The same mindset that breaks into a disabled facility is the same as the one that shoots at a bunch of defenseless kids in a school.

Yes they will. And one person will kill and maim many, many more with a weapon designed to kill and maim than several with knives or rocks. It's a ridiculous comparison.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-17-2018, 07:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:20 AM)The Drifter Wrote: The point of the thread is that men with evil intentions will always find a way to kill. Be it with a knife, a gun, or a rock

Yes they will. And one person will kill and maim many, many more with a weapon designed to kill and maim than several with knives or rocks. It's a ridiculous comparison.

One man named Timothy McVeigh, who possessed evil intentions, killed 168 people without firing a shot. The 9/11 hijackers didn't fire a [BLEEP], either. Bottom line, when a person is really committed to killing a lot of people quickly, they will accomplish that goal regardless of anything some moronic, pandering politician tells you.

After the 9/11 attacks they totally revamped airport security.

Though no doubt you think it would be better if everyone had a gun on board.

(02-17-2018, 09:55 PM)lastonealive Wrote: After the 9/11 attacks they totally revamped airport security.

Yes, after the attacks. Before, no one thought that to be possible. So, we can take every gun in existence and throw them to the bottom if sea, and we will have not yet prevented people from killing other people en masse.

As far as your second thought, you should have went with at least some doubt, because you're wrong. I'm not much of a gun guy. I'd rather buy guitars than guns.

(02-17-2018, 09:55 PM)lastonealive Wrote: After the 9/11 attacks they totally revamped airport security.

Airlines had already banned guns at the time. It wasn't enough. It won't be enough to stop mass murder either. Someone will just use a truck or a bomb if they can't get hold of a "banned" gun. You do know that people who want to commit mass murder will not obey a gun restriction law, don't you?

And someday someone will find another way to kill everyone on a flight. They already came close with shoe and underwear bombs. Maybe some suicide bomber will just set off a bomb killing hundreds of people waiting in line to have their shoes examined.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

So unless you can stpp all crime you may as well not bother. Got it.

(02-17-2018, 11:03 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So unless you can stpp all crime you may as well not bother. Got it.

One of the lessons I learned from the response to 9/11 was that constitutional governance is always in great peril when an anxious, angry mob, one willing to cede power to the government for the illusion of safety, exists.

One man with an AR15 could've killed the 10 knife wielders. 2 men with pistols could've saved the WTC. 

Though no doubt you think what happened was much better than innocent people having the power and means to defend themselves.

And, btw, the TSA is a joke and everyone knows it, and its blanket tactics that violate civil rights every damn day are exactly the kind of stupidity we'd get from "common sense gun laws."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-17-2018, 11:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

One man with an AR15 could've killed the 10 knife wielders. 2 men with pistols could've saved the WTC. 

Though no doubt you think what happened was much better than innocent people having the power and means to defend themselves.

And, btw, the TSA is a joke and everyone knows it, and its blanket tactics that violate civil rights every damn day are exactly the kind of stupidity we'd get from "common sense gun laws."
i just got back from my buddies ranch in south texas where i was on a hunting trip. A state with open carry laws and quite a few people who exercise them. and I will honestly say, there are not many places i feel safer. i highly doubt that any incident like this will ever occur at such a place.