Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

@nfltrade_rumors
Austin Seferian-Jenkins Reportedly Turned Down Two-Year, $8M Offer From Jets http://bit.ly/2BDP7yy 

I'm thinking we can top this.

Resign Arob, and sign Pugh and Seferian-Jenkins. That's a great start to free agency.

What are your thoughts on Seferian-Jenkins? 

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From a talent perspective, it would be a good signing for us.

Hopefully, he has conquered his off field demons.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/p...ut-of-game

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Pass. We have Mychal Rivera coming back from his injury. Statistically they've been roughly the same player. Plus his off the field issues from his past are still a concern. Would rather them go after Burton or Eifert. Despite Eifert's health problems he could be good in spurts or in limited action.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-19-2018, 10:38 AM)Jags02 Wrote: @nfltrade_rumors
Austin Seferian-Jenkins Reportedly Turned Down Two-Year, $8M Offer From Jets http://bit.ly/2BDP7yy 

I'm thinking we can top this.

Resign Arob, and sign Pugh and Seferian-Jenkins. That's a great start to free agency.

What are your thoughts on Seferian-Jenkins? 

We might as well re-sign Blackmon. He'll cost a lot less for the same number of DUIs.

(02-19-2018, 11:25 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Pass. We have Mychal Rivera coming back from his injury. Statistically they've been roughly the same player. Plus his off the field issues from his past are still a concern. Would rather them go after Burton or Eifert. Despite Eifert's health problems he could be good in spurts or in limited action.

I agree with this. I would rather keep Rivera and address this position though the Draft with Goedert or Hayden Hurst in the first round.

Much more talented than Rivera. Offers a different dimension in the pass game too. Rivera's just a guy.

(02-19-2018, 02:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Much more talented than Rivera. Offers a different dimension in the pass game too. Rivera's just a guy.

I actually liked Rivera in Oakland. He is a little more than just a guy. As far as pass catching, he would definitely better tha pretty much everyone on our roster currently. Did you ever watch him during his time at Oakland or are you just saying that?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 03:25 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-19-2018, 02:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: Much more talented than Rivera. Offers a different dimension in the pass game too. Rivera's just a guy.

How do you figure that? He's literally done next to nothing in his career. He's virtually the same player as Rivera just a whopping three inches taller than him. 

Seferian-Jenkins - 38 Games played with 24 starts - 171 targets / 105 receptions / 10.2 YPC / 10 TD's / 1070 receiving yards - Best year was 2017 with the Jets where he hauled in 357 yards on 50 catches with 3 TD's. He averaged 7.1 YPC. 

Rivera - 61 games played with 15 starts - 230 targets / 146 receptions / 9.7 YPC / 10 TD's / 1413 receiving yards - Best year was 2014 with the Raiders where he hauled in 534 yards on 58 catches with 4 TD's. He averaged 9.2 YPC. 

They're both "just guys". If anything you could say Rivera has more "dimension" in the pass game too. Before the injuries and coaching changes in OAK he had a decent rookie year in 2013 with over 400 yards receiving and 4 TD's which he followed that up with his better year in 2014. Tapered off a bit in 2015 and 2016 and then didn't play for us last year. 

And again, he hasn't been a [BLEEP] up off the field like Seferian-Jenkins....
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-19-2018, 03:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

How do you figure that? He's literally done next to nothing in his career. He's virtually the same player as Rivera just a whopping three inches taller than him. 

Seferian-Jenkins - 38 Games played with 24 starts - 171 targets / 105 receptions / 10.2 YPC / 10 TD's / 1070 receiving yards - Best year was 2017 with the Jets where he hauled in 357 yards on 50 catches with 3 TD's. He averaged 7.1 YPC. 

Rivera - 61 games played with 15 starts - 230 targets / 146 receptions / 9.7 YPC / 10 TD's / 1413 receiving yards - Best year was 2014 with the Raiders where he hauled in 534 yards on 58 catches with 4 TD's. He averaged 9.2 YPC. 

They're both "just guys". If anything you could say Rivera has more "dimension" in the pass game too. Before the injuries and coaching changes in OAK he had a decent rookie year in 2013 with over 400 yards receiving and 4 TD's which he followed that up with his better year in 2014. Tapered off a bit in 2015 and 2016 and then didn't play for us last year. 

^^^this. Not to mention Jenkins will probably cost a little bit more because he did have a decent year last year which is all the more reason i don't have any interest in adding this guy to the roster. Like you said, We basically have a guy who is the same player as him already on the roster and he doesn't have off the field issues.

And Rivera has a hot sister..... so there is that.

I could see the Patriots going for him in the 2 TE system they like to use.

(02-19-2018, 03:24 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

I actually liked Rivera in Oakland. He is a little more than just a guy. As far as pass catching, he would definitely better tha pretty much everyone on our roster currently. Did you ever watch him during his time at Oakland or are you just saying that?

Being better than everyone on our roster isn't really saying much at all.  

Yeah he's an awful blocker and he's way down the list of guys you want to be depending on for a catch. In theory you can use him like a move TE and do some H-Back stuff with him but in reality he's just not that dynamic.    

Theres a reason the Raiders let him go and a reason he's on a million a year. We can do better.

(02-19-2018, 03:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

ASJ is much more talented than Rivera and they are very different types of TE. I'm not saying he's produced more, just that he's more talented , has higher upside and offers more as a TE. Will cost more too obviously.  

ASJ is a true freak athlete who at 6'5 250 ran a 4.5 and had a 37" vert. He was outstanding in college and with his head back on track looks back to his best. 

He's a great redzone target, can stay inline to block and offers a mismatch against most defenders. Rivera does none of these.  

He was an alcoholic in the past.  

Not likely he comes here at all either. Just if you are gonna compare him with Rivera. Well there's no real comparison..

(02-19-2018, 03:24 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

He has to get on the field to show value.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hard pass for me personally. Dude got kicked out of practice for repeatedly not knowing the playbook, then went home and instead of hittin the books, spent all evening on social media threatening and lashing out at fans. Not my kinda person, not my kinda player. There are other talented players without the maturity/attitude/general character issues.

Very disrespectful to compare ASJ to Rivera. If you truly believe ASJ has overcome his maturity issues, and I do, he is vastly superior. Their talent is not on the same planet.

No thanks on Jenkins. Not worth what he wants money wise. Really liked him coming out of college but his play in the pros have not lived up to his potential

Not sure about ASJ. Something tells me he would take the money and run. However, I would much rather have ASJ than Eifert. Eifert will be the biggest bust of this entire FA.

Rivera is so good the Jags released him as soon as they could. A team desperate for TE help didn't even want him in camp...

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 05:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Just realized Cameron Brate is a restricted FA.

(02-20-2018, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rivera is so good the Jags released him as soon as they could.  A team desperate for TE help didn't even want him in camp...

Where are you seeing that the Jaguars released him?
'02