Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chase Daniel

Free agent, probably costs the same as Henne, has always wanted to start, would push Blake. Thoughts?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's more so the guy you hope never ever has to play than a guy who is there to push and provide the current QB with competition.

He's 31 and has thrown for 480 yards in his career. Fine as your 3rd QB imo.

(02-20-2018, 02:34 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Free agent, probably costs the same as Henne, has always wanted to start, would push Blake. Thoughts?

Absolutely. He's a guy I've liked since he entered the league. He plays well, when in games, but unfortunately, he's never been given a chance. If we signed him as Henne's replacement, (which i have been clamoring about for years) and drafted a QB high, allowing for an open competition in 2018, I am confident we'd see much better play from the QB position.

I guess it's time for the "should we sign every FA to compete or on "prove-it deal" threads"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Chase Daniels is exactly the type of FA QB that I could see the Jags going after. In my mind the Jags depth chart will be most likely be Bortles, a high draft pick, and a cheaper vet option.

There is a lot of chatter that the Browns might release Cody Kessler. He’s another guy that I wouldn’t mind the Jags taking a look at.

So we should sign Chase Henne, or AJ Henne or Cody Henne then?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-20-2018, 10:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So we should sign Chase Henne, or AJ Henne or Cody Henne then?

Much more likely than dropping 30M on Kirk Bortles or Case Bortles.

(02-20-2018, 02:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's more so the guy you hope never ever has to play than a guy who is there to push and provide the current QB with competition.  

He's 31 and has thrown for 480 yards in his career.  Fine as your 3rd QB imo.

You must have him confused with Henne.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(02-20-2018, 09:56 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Chase Daniels is exactly the type of FA QB that I could see the Jags going after. In my mind the Jags depth chart will be most likely be Bortles, a high draft pick, and a cheaper vet option.

There is a lot of chatter that the Browns might release Cody Kessler. He’s another guy that I wouldn’t mind the Jags taking a look at.

Yes, a guy so capable that he was deemed worse than DeShone Kizer, who was arguably the worst starting QB of the 2010's.

(02-20-2018, 12:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 09:56 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Chase Daniels is exactly the type of FA QB that I could see the Jags going after. In my mind the Jags depth chart will be most likely be Bortles, a high draft pick, and a cheaper vet option.

Yes, a guy so capable that he was deemed worse than DeShone Kizer, who was arguably the worst starting QB of the 2010's.

I wouldn’t exactly put too much stock into the Browns’ decisions... They are the Browns.

I’m speaking for Kessler as a 3rd QB option behind Blake and a rookie. I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappoint if they think we are spending decent money on a backup QB.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 12:40 PM by JackCity.)

(02-20-2018, 10:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 02:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's more so the guy you hope never ever has to play than a guy who is there to push and provide the current QB with competition.  

He's 31 and has thrown for 480 yards in his career.  Fine as your 3rd QB imo.

You must have him confused with Henne.

480 passing yards in 8 years as a pro. 

Will be 32 in October and has thrown 51 passes since leaving college. 

Theres a reason for that.

I'm all for getting a good backup over Henne.. but why not get one who can, you know, play a bit? Someone who can start in a pinch and/or give Blake a push.

If we could somehow get Chase for backup money to replace Henne, I'm all for it. The kid's got a big arm. 
'02

(02-20-2018, 01:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If we could somehow get Chase for backup money to replace Henne, I'm all for it. The kid's got a big arm. 

Chase Daniels? Big arm?

(02-20-2018, 01:07 PM)Jags02 Wrote: If we could somehow get Chase for backup money to replace Henne, I'm all for it. The kid's got a big arm. 

Kid?

Big arm?

Are you, like, 60 with a foam pool noodle as your right arm?

(02-20-2018, 12:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 10:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: You must have him confused with Henne.

I'm all for getting a good backup over Henne.. but why not get one who can, you know, play a bit? Someone who can start in a pinch and/or give Blake a push.

The starter that Daniel backed up much of his career is no slouch.

(02-20-2018, 01:17 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Chase Daniels? Big arm?

I keep thinking back a few years to a Preseason game against the Saints when Chase lit us up with one nice deep pass after another.
'02

(02-20-2018, 12:39 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 10:11 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: You must have him confused with Henne.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 04:55 PM by JackCity.)

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 12:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: 480 passing yards in 8 years as a pro. 

Yep. Brees is a HOF, Alex Smith is above average and rookie Wentz was of course going to play.  

I'd just prefer someone who can challenge Blake rather than a career clip board holder without the skillset needed to start.

(02-20-2018, 04:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 01:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: Chase Daniels? Big arm?

I keep thinking back a few years to a Preseason game against the Saints when Chase lit us up with one nice deep pass after another.

Wouldn't pay too much heed to it. His lack of an arm is one of the main reasons he's a career backup.

(02-20-2018, 04:54 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: The starter that Daniel backed up much of his career is no slouch.
Yep. Brees is a HOF, Alex Smith is above average and rookie Wentz was of course going to play.  

I'd just prefer someone who can challenge Blake rather than a career clip board holder without the skillset needed to start.

(02-20-2018, 04:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I keep thinking back a few years to a Preseason game against the Saints when Chase lit us up with one nice deep pass after another.

Wouldn't pay too much heed to it. His lack of height is one of the main reasons he's a career backup.

FIFY

(02-20-2018, 05:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 04:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yep. Brees is a HOF, Alex Smith is above average and rookie Wentz was of course going to play.  

Wouldn't pay too much heed to it. His lack of height is one of the main reasons he's a career backup.

FIFY
Nah. 

I said his lack of arm is one of the main reasons he is a career backup. 

His height and ability under pressure are other *main reasons*