Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chase Daniel

(02-20-2018, 05:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 05:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: FIFY
Nah. 

I said his lack of arm is one of the main reasons he is a career backup. 

His height and ability under pressure are other *main reasons*

The reality is that he's never been given a fair shot. Teams have labeled him a backup from the beginning and he's played for teams with very good to future HOF starters where he never sees the field. If given the chance to start a full season, I'd bet he could at least put up similar passing numbers to guys like Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Blake Bortles and a few other middle of the road QB's.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-20-2018, 07:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 05:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nah. 

The reality is that he's never been given a fair shot. Teams have labeled him a backup from the beginning and he's played for teams with very good to future HOF starters where he never sees the field. If given the chance to start a full season, I'd bet he could at least put up similar passing numbers to guys like Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Blake Bortles and a few other middle of the road QB's.
Meh, I'd take that bet. I remember watching him at mizzou, then next year I thought Gabbert looked better and we all know how great he ended up. It's not the best means of comparing two people but that has always been my mind set towards chase. Could be wrong.

What evidence do you have that he could be a middle of the road passer in the NFL?  

I mean he could be. But it's highly highly unlikely.  

He has 1 touchdown and 1 interception in 8 seasons. If there is an example of a QB with a similar resume who became an middle of the road NFL QB I'd be interested to hear it.

Kansas City had a Hall of Fame starter the three years he was there?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Chase Daniel will push Bortles? Chase would be no threat to Blake Bortles as a starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-20-2018, 09:56 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Chase Daniels is exactly the type of FA QB that I could see the Jags going after. In my mind the Jags depth chart will be most likely be Bortles, a high draft pick, and a cheaper vet option.

There is a lot of chatter that the Browns might release Cody Kessler. He’s another guy that I wouldn’t mind the Jags taking a look at.

Toot toot.