Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Top GOP Donor Shuts Donations - Calls for Ban on Assault Weapons

A top GOP Donor won't write another check until there is a Ban on Assault Weapons

http://www.businessinsider.com/gop-donor...ing-2018-2

It's the end of the road for me," Al Hoffman Jr., a prominent Florida real-estate developer, told The New York Times. "For how many years now have we been doing this — having these experiences of terrorism, mass killings — and how many years has it been that nothing's been done?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Won't miss his RINO money. Just doing this for publicity.

This wasn't an assault weapon. I wish people knew about guns before commenting on them.

As a matter of fact, the AR15 is a garbage rifle. It's plastic and costs over 1k to buy. You can buy a vastly superior SKS or AK for half that - they are more reliable, they jam far less frequently, they can have a truck drive over them and remain accurate, they fire a more devastating round....

And they are still not assault rifles because they do not have selective fire modes.

(02-20-2018, 11:10 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Won't miss his RINO money. Just doing this for publicity.

This wasn't an assault weapon. I wish people knew about guns before commenting on them.

As a matter of fact, the AR15 is a garbage rifle. It's plastic and costs over 1k to buy. You can buy a vastly superior SKS or AK for half that - they are more reliable, they jam far less frequently, they can have a truck drive over them and remain accurate, they fire a more devastating round....

And they are still not assault rifles because they do not have selective fire modes.

This is about feeling not logic.

Yeah for $1000 give me a walnut and steel lever action in 45-70 instead of some plastic AR in .223.

(02-20-2018, 11:10 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Won't miss his RINO money. Just doing this for publicity.

Since the people pictured below cannot post a response, I just wanted to express my thanks for your lesson on guns and the information that the AR-15 is a garbage rifle

[Image: 180217-parkland-victims-16up-composite_f...00-800.jpg]

People are so unrealistic. There are virtually millions of these rifles already out there on the street. How would you enforce a ban? It can't be done. You can keep people from buying new ones, but big deal. There is so many out there right now that it would be easy to get one. This is not a gun problem It is a mental healthy problem. We need to keep the mentally broken from getting a hold of these weapons. I'm all for some common sense gun laws, but banning certain weapons accomplishes nothing. It's simply too late for that.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 02:20 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-20-2018, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Since the people pictured below cannot post a response, I just wanted to express my thanks for your lesson on guns and the information that the AR-15 is a garbage rifle

I really don't care, man.

And nor should you.

The 2nd Amendment is bigger than all of us.

Edit: The entire Bill of Rights is bigger than all of us.

(02-20-2018, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: People are so unrealistic. There are virtually millions of these rifles already out there on the street. How would you enforce a ban? It can't be done. You can keep people from buying new ones, but big deal. There is so many out there right now that it would be easy to get one. This is not a gun problem It is a mental healthy problem. We need to keep the mentally broken from getting a hold of these weapons. I'm all for some common sense gun laws, but banning certain weapons accomplishes nothing. It's simply too late for that.

This is the answer that gets a couple dozen people killed on a biweekly basis.

Where is the photo uproar of the 88,000 alcohol related deaths, including adolescents? How about the over 44,000 suicides? The blunt fact of the matter is there are bigger issues still not being addressed in this country. Oddly enough, I'm sure you could find a biological/mental disparity link between many of them. A shooting only gets attention for the wrong reasons and those reasons are normally political in nature.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-20-2018, 02:34 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 01:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: People are so unrealistic. There are virtually millions of these rifles already out there on the street. How would you enforce a ban? It can't be done. You can keep people from buying new ones, but big deal. There is so many out there right now that it would be easy to get one. This is not a gun problem It is a mental healthy problem. We need to keep the mentally broken from getting a hold of these weapons. I'm all for some common sense gun laws, but banning certain weapons accomplishes nothing. It's simply too late for that.

Please enlighten me. How would it be enforced?

(02-20-2018, 03:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Where is the photo uproar of the 88,000 alcohol related deaths, including adolescents? How about the over 44,000 suicides? The blunt fact of the matter is there are bigger issues still not being addressed in this country. Oddly enough, I'm sure you could find a biological/mental disparity link between many of them. A shooting only gets attention for the wrong reasons and those reasons are normally political in nature.

There should be an uproar on all of the above, as well as inner city violence.  Any time innocent people get killed, there should be an uproar.

(02-20-2018, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 02:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: This is the answer that gets a couple dozen people killed on a biweekly basis.

Please enlighten me. How would it be enforced?

Government agents will buy back your guns with your tax money. Then they'll have to figure out what do about the 240 million guns that weren't surrendered. That will eventually lead to house to house searches where men with guns will kill me and thousands of other citizens followed by either absolute tyranny or a bloody revolution in the streets.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Freedom isn't free and stupidity can be deadly.

(02-20-2018, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Please enlighten me. How would it be enforced?

Government agents will buy back your guns with your tax money. Then they'll have to figure out what do about the 240 million guns that weren't surrendered. That will eventually lead to house to house searches where men with guns will kill me and thousands of other citizens followed by either absolute tyranny or a bloody revolution in the streets.

Exactly. What about the people refuse to give up their guns in a buy back program? Besides, where would the money come from? It would cost the government billions to have a buy back program so massive. Those guns aren't cheap either. No one will turn in their guns without a fair price. If you go door to door confiscating them from law abiding citizens, that won't work either. I know if I bought something legally, with my own money and someone tries to take it from me (even the government), I equate that with theft. I will defend my property any way I have to. Such actions will lead to a modern day civil war and turn law abiding citizens into rebels. The problem would be much, much bigger than anything we are seeing now.

To put this confiscation talk in perspective...Just adding up active hunting licenses for this past season you would have by and far the worlds largest standing Army! Now, if you believe the reported number of firearms in the US (hint: that number is low), a government forced ban and confiscation would not go well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-20-2018, 09:57 PM)B2hibry Wrote: To put this confiscation talk in perspective...Just adding up active hunting licenses for this past season you would have by and far the worlds largest standing Army! Now, if you believe the reported number of firearms in the US (hint: that number is low), a government forced ban and confiscation would not go well.

Like I said, civil war. As much as everyone on this board likes to disagree, I'm sure we can unanimously say, none of us wants that.

Some on the left will want a civil war, because they figure it would be guns against guns with themselves on the sidelines. And when the smoke clears, there will be a lot less gun owners.

That didn’t stop you from leveraging their deaths to advance your cause.

I nominate TJ to help the feds go door to door in Alabama and take away peoples firearms.

(02-21-2018, 01:09 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 01:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Since the people pictured below cannot post a response, I just wanted to express my thanks for your lesson on guns and the information that the AR-15 is a garbage rifle

That didn’t stop you from leveraging their deaths to advance your cause.

How is the truth leverage?  17 people died less than a week ago and people want to act like it didn't happen already so that they can continue the pro gun argument.

Then there are geniuses in here parroting other things they've read about deaths from heart disease or drunk driving and act like its the same thing as a kid walking through hallways shooting people at will.