Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you want the Jags to address the O-Line?
This poll is closed.
Draft a guard early and a swing tackle later
37.50%
9 37.50%
Sign a top tier guard in FA and draft another OL early
41.67%
10 41.67%
Draft a Center early-to-mid rounds and move Linder to G
4.17%
1 4.17%
Draft a RT that can play RG until Parnell ages out
16.67%
4 16.67%
Blank #2
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Offensive Line - Depth, Upgrades and Re-Signings

Lots going on with the O-Line this offseason. At least most of us hope so. 

The watch for Omameh's contract situation is underway, as is the speculation that Cann's spot will be upgraded. 
Parnell isn't getting younger but is still playing quite well the vast majority of the time. 
Do we keep Omameh?

The team has just retained depth players Wells and Shatley. 

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran‏Verified account
#Jaguars also pick up 2018 options on OT Josh Wells and G/C Tyler Shatley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd like us to keep Omameh, just depends how the outside market sees him. He's quality depth at worst and a serviceable starter. Maybe 3 million a year , rising to 4.5 depending on starts.

I envision a lower value vet OG to complete. We have seen this before with Omameh and Watford as examples. Also, I can see them drafting an OG. By picking up the option on Wells, they are not forced into finding a new swing OT. I think they'll go with Parnell at RT for another year, and find his replacement in 2019.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 09:18 PM by HolsterHusto.)

The Bears declined Sitton’s option. He’s a guy that I would definitely like to see brought home. He’s 31 but he still played really well last year.

(02-20-2018, 07:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Beats declined Sitton’s option. He’s a guy that I would definitely like to see brought home. He’s 31 but he still played really well last year.

If we tag ARob there won’t be much we can do in free agency without a lot of restructuring. I just saw on twitter we will have just over 2 mil remaining if we tag ARob and do nothing else. I’m assuming Sitton will be asking for a contract north of 8 million per year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Sign Sitton and draft Will Hernandez

(02-20-2018, 07:58 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 07:48 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: The Beats declined Sitton’s option. He’s a guy that I would definitely like to see brought home. He’s 31 but he still played really well last year.

If we tag ARob there won’t be much we can do in free agency without a lot of restructuring. I just saw on twitter we will have just over 2 mil remaining if we tag ARob and do nothing else. I’m assuming Sitton will be asking for a contract north of 8 million per year.

As much as I love Hurns, with his injury history and the play Cole I would give Sitton Hurns contract if thats what it takes.  Ivory will be as good as gone too

It is unlikely, but if Nelson were to fall at all to the mid teens I wouldn't be against a trade up. He looks like an all pro. Hopefully though the Jags get one of Wynn and Hernandez. This team needs a power run blocking guard.

Hurns and Ivory are most likely gone. That right there is 11 million I believe.

(02-20-2018, 08:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hurns and Ivory are most likely gone. That right there is 11 million I believe.

I think Hurns is only gone if they want to use the money else where.  I dont think we cut Hurns just to cut him.  Ivory is definitely gone.  I wonder what kind of contract we offer Grant.  Grant would be deadly on the Pats

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 10:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If it was Sitton and Bortles or just Cousins, ill take Sitton and Bortles. Robinson - Hernandez - Linder - Sitton - Parnell would be one of the better olines in the league

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/2/20/...osh-sitton

(02-20-2018, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sign Sitton and draft Will Hernandez

I would like to see them sign Sitton, also. However, if they do sign him they might go a different direction from Hernandez. If there is a right tackle available in the 1st or 2nd rounds who could eventually replace Parnell that would be my choice. It looks like Shatley will also be back so tackle seems more of a need. Someone like Orlando Brown would be great in round 1.

(02-21-2018, 12:32 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sign Sitton and draft Will Hernandez

I would like to see them sign Sitton, also. However, if they do sign him they might go a different direction from Hernandez. If there is a right tackle available in the 1st or 2nd rounds who could eventually replace Parnell that would be my choice. It looks like Shatley will also be back so tackle seems more of a need. Someone like Orlando Brown would be great in round 1.

I'd rather get a starting caliber interior than a tackle who might start down the road. Particularly given theres several starting caliber interior guys projected where we're drafting. Brown and Williams likely to go higher than where we are too.