Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Options exercised: Lewis, Wells, Shatley

Options exercised: Lewis, Wells, Shatley

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...403fd85305

Jaguars exercise options on tight end Marcedes Lewis, offensive tackle Josh Wells and offensive lineman Tyler Shatley; all three prevented from becoming free agents next month

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lewis is going to need the $3.7m to ultimately seek counseling to treat his PTSD after playing on the Jags through the Decade of Hell.   I can only assume he had to execute a "waiver of (mental) damages" provision within this Option.

I guess they really do like Shatley
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-20-2018, 04:08 PM)FBT Wrote: I guess they really do like Shatley

I still wonder why he disappeared.

When he was in subbing for Linder, the running game looked good with him at C, and I finally got to see what Lageman kept talking about when he said the team was high on him.

But then he wasn't heard from again, even with other injuries inside.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Shatley is a valuable interior utility player. He can be effective at guard or center in a pinch.

I am not a fan of Wells.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Letting Benn walk has me thinking they'll keep Hurns. Benn was great on STs last year, but I had higher hopes for him in terms of WR production. He was looking pretty good in the offseason catching passes left and right, but he never really showed up in games.

I expect we'll find a way to sign ARob while Lee walks in free agency, so I'm thinking our WR position will look something like this...
  • split-end: ARob, Dede
  • flanker: Cole, Hurns
  • slot: Dede, Hurns, Mickens (PR)
Although I could see Mickens replaced as the punt returner on the roster. Other WRs on the roster are Shane Wynn, Rashad Greene, Jaelen Strong, Tevaun Smith and Lamar Atkins.
'02

(02-21-2018, 11:11 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Letting Benn walk has me thinking they'll keep Hurns. Benn was great on STs last year, but I had higher hopes for him in terms of WR production. He was looking pretty good in the offseason catching passes left and right, but he never really showed up in games.

I expect we'll find a way to sign ARob while Lee walks in free agency, so I'm thinking our WR position will look something like this...
Although I could see Mickens replaced as the punt returner on the roster. Other WRs on the roster are Shane Wynn, Rashad Greene, Jaelen Strong, Tevaun Smith and Lamar Atkins.

The only reason they didnt exercise the option on Benn is because the injury. He has had a prior injury history and turns 30.

Benn was not a surprise for me. However, I was surprised that they did not pick up the option on Rivera. His cap hit was only going to be $1.5m for the 27 year old. I guess they saw enough this past camp to realize he was not the answer.

(02-21-2018, 11:11 PM)Jags02 Wrote: ... something like this...

Just to be a little nit-picky - I'd swap where you have Cole and Westbrook there. Just based on how they've already used them. 
Cole worked from the split-end much more than Dede did in 2017 with A-Rob (and sometimes Lee) out of the line-up. 

Westbrook is poorly suited to beat press coverage at the X and they lined him up off the line at the flanker (Z) position more often because of that. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned in other threads, I'm not surprised they kept Wells from a money perspective, but I hope they find better depth at tackle. His performances in arizona and nashville last year were  simply not good. I think Cam will take a step in year two and (based on those two games)  I'd be worried about Wells coming in should he get nicked up. 

I'm a little surprised by the Rivera release but I do remember one of the beat reporters last year projecting him as a camp cut prior to his injury. Maybe that guy saw something we didn't (couldn't.)

Benn is just at that "one too many injuries for his age" point in his NFL career.