Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minority

I know that I'm in the minority here but I still feel like this team can turn it around and WIN, yes I said WIN, the South.  If the Texans lose tonight, they will sit in 1st place at 4-3, with the Titans and Colts behind them at 3-4, and the Jaguars at 2-4.  If the Jaguars beat the Titans on Thursday night, the Colts lose to the Chiefs, and the Texans beat the Lions, the Texans will be in 1st at 5-3, the Jaguars would be in 2nd at 3-4, and the Colts and Titans would be behind us at 3-5.  The Chiefs and the Lions are both playing pretty good football right now, neither one of those games is a given.  It's just impossible for me to give up on the team 6 games into the season.  Thursday night will be big.  If we win, were back to within 1 game of  .500 and 2-0 in the division.  Sorry to the naysayers, but I'm not going to give up on my team this early and especially with how the rest of the division is shaping up so far.  Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 06:17 PM by BklynJag.)

Good grief

The problem with your argument is the remaining schedule. They look to possibly lose out if they don't make some changes.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Sorry but I stopped reading your post after the first line of "I know that I'm in the minority here but I still feel like this team can turn it around ".

Come on man, you are from out of state like me. You aren't representing us out of state fans well with posts like that.

Quote:I know that I'm in the minority here but I still feel like this team can turn it around and WIN, yes I said WIN, the South.  

[Image: Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif]

I thought we could beat Detroit after I saw how the tacks handled them. Now I'm doubtful...

Maybe we can split with the tacks and tin horns?? Maybe. I just don't see more than 3 more wins this season.

That's a sad state of affairs.

Stop

And here I thought this was about the overplayed, overrated Green Day song.

Jesus of Suburbia or gthecko

Why would the OP want Houston to beat Detroit??????????

Quote:Why would the OP want Houston to beat Detroit??????????
Where are you getting that from?

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 06:53 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:Where are you getting that from?

This sentence: If the Jaguars beat the Titans on Thursday night, the Colts lose to the Chiefs, and the Texans beat the Lions, the Texans will be in 1st at 5-3, the Jaguars would be in 2nd at 3-4, and the Colts and Titans would be behind us at 3-5.

The context implies the OP wants Houston to win next week.

We don't have a QB or a running game.  This offense is going to continue to struggle.  Tennessee has a good defense.  We will be 2-5 following thursday night.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:We don't have a QB or a running game.  This offense is going to continue to struggle.  Tennessee has a good defense.  We will be 2-5 following thursday night.

We obviously do have a QB. Receivers aren't helping him.

Quote:This sentence: If the Jaguars beat the Titans on Thursday night, the Colts lose to the Chiefs, and the Texans beat the Lions, the Texans will be in 1st at 5-3, the Jaguars would be in 2nd at 3-4, and the Colts and Titans would be behind us at 3-5.

The context implies the OP wants Houston to win next week.
No, it implies that if the Texans beat the Lions, they'll be in first place at 5-3.

We still have games @Chiefs Minny and Denver. Not to mention we are not sweeping Titans Colts and Texans. Bills and Lions will most likely be losses or at the very least that's a split.

So that's 7 more losses most likely making the Jags 5-11 again.

I know everyone wants to think the world is ending, but we lost to a pretty good team this week.

All division games are winnable for us so we have a shot at the division title. We already proved we are better than Indy, are the Titans or Texans really much better?

Quote:I know everyone wants to think the world is ending, but we lost to a pretty good team this week.

All division games are winnable for us so we have a shot at the division title. We already proved we are better than Indy, are the Titans or Texans really much better?

Nobody wants to think the world is ending. People know what they want is not what they will get.. To answer your question, we will find out in a few hours if the Texans are legitimate.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 07:05 PM by navyjagfan.)

Quote:I know that I'm in the minority here but I still feel like this team can turn it around and WIN, yes I said WIN, the South.  If the Texans lose tonight, they will sit in 1st place at 4-3, with the Titans and Colts behind them at 3-4, and the Jaguars at 2-4.  If the Jaguars beat the Titans on Thursday night, the Colts lose to the Chiefs, and the Texans beat the Lions, the Texans will be in 1st at 5-3, the Jaguars would be in 2nd at 3-4, and the Colts and Titans would be behind us at 3-5.  The Chiefs and the Lions are both playing pretty good football right now, neither one of those games is a given.  It's just impossible for me to give up on the team 6 games into the season.  Thursday night will be big.  If we win, were back to within 1 game of  .500 and 2-0 in the division.  Sorry to the naysayers, but I'm not going to give up on my team this early and especially with how the rest of the division is shaping up so far.  Go Jags!
Problem is you aren't actually watching the games.  We stink.  Time to face the facts and get ready for another rebuild.  We're going to be looking at a new QB, HC - and frankly, all new coaching staff.  Good chance we have a new GM as well.  

All of those changes means - rebuild.  

People are afraid of admitting that given the fact that we've spent 4 years doing so, but it's all for nothing if we don't have "the man" at QB and it's looking more and more likely that isn't the case.  Dave missed on Joke, he's missed on Cyprien, he missed out on Gus, etc.  Looking more and more likely as though Bortles is another huge bust.  

There are still way too many holes on the roster, no running game, can't pressure the opposing QB consistently - the entire team is in shambles.  

So yep - rebuild time..

But at least we have pools in the stadium..

Yes we stink, but so does every team in the division. 

Remember that time everyone thought Bortles was a bust and Gus was a horrible coach?