Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minority

Quote:Remember that time everyone thought Bortles was a bust and Gus was a horrible coach? 

That never happened. Everyone said Bortles is a good QB who is regressing because of Olson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know that I'm in the minority here but I still feel like this team can turn it around and WIN, yes I said WIN, the South.  If the Texans lose tonight, they will sit in 1st place at 4-3, with the Titans and Colts behind them at 3-4, and the Jaguars at 2-4.  If the Jaguars beat the Titans on Thursday night, the Colts lose to the Chiefs, and the Texans beat the Lions, the Texans will be in 1st at 5-3, the Jaguars would be in 2nd at 3-4, and the Colts and Titans would be behind us at 3-5.  The Chiefs and the Lions are both playing pretty good football right now, neither one of those games is a given.  It's just impossible for me to give up on the team 6 games into the season.  Thursday night will be big.  If we win, were back to within 1 game of  .500 and 2-0 in the division.  Sorry to the naysayers, but I'm not going to give up on my team this early and especially with how the rest of the division is shaping up so far.  Go Jags!

LOL. Okay. I'll give you until Thursday night for this mindset to change after we get Lucille'd by a mediocre team. Come Friday morning you better be on board with the new crowd man. We've been expecting a lot of wins for four years. Instead we've been handed forty losses. FORTY. Do you know how terrible that is?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Remember that time everyone thought Bortles was a bust and Gus was a horrible coach?

Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:LOL. Okay. I'll give you until Thursday night for this mindset to change after we get Lucille'd by a mediocre team. Come Friday morning you better be on board with the new crowd man. We've been expecting a lot of wins for four years. Instead we've been handed forty losses. FORTY. Do you know how terrible that is?

Or we can win the game and people will have more positive feelings about the team, at least for 10 days.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 08:02 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:Or we can win the game and people will have more positive feelings about the team, at least for 10 days.

I wish. But then it's just being cruel. Bradley's not going to get any better. Therefore this team cannot get any better. I hate to be cynical but it's almost like you just want this team to keep failing so we can finally breath again and look forward to something else. This has been one the worst experience I have ever had as a Jaguars fan. I've been here my entire life. I've been watching this team since I was seven years old. This city should hopefully now realize just how good we had it back in the 90s. I remember being so aggravated when they mentioned Jack was 68 - 71 as the head coach here. Because I actually had to say "Hmmm not too bad". When in reality that's AVERAGE. We've been so used to this losing mentality now for the last seven or eight years it's sickening.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

...ok...so the Jags could still possibly make the playoffs. Then what? Look like Houston did last year against the Chiefs in their playoff game? Or... Are you thinking super bowl?? O_o

Quote:That never happened. Everyone said Bortles is a good QB who is regressing because of Olson.
You clearly have no idea what either of those words mean. 

Yep, this division sucks so its very very possible we could win the south and get smashed in the playoffs.

For all of you that say who cares, the season is over, etc, why do you even get on this forum then? You either still care about the team, or you have way too much time on your hands. If your still going to invest time and money into this team, why not hope like hell they figure it out and turn this season around. It sure beats being a constant Debbie downer. If the team doesn't turn it around, then I'm in agreement and believe that some major changes need to take place. I refuse to waste an entire season of football complaining about something that i have entirely no say I . So on that note let's go Broncos tonight, and Jags on Thursday!

Quote:For all of you that say who cares, the season is over, etc, why do you even get on this forum then? You either still care about the team, or you have way too much time on your hands. If your still going to invest time and money into this team, why not hope like hell they figure it out and turn this season around. It sure beats being a constant Debbie downer. If the team doesn't turn it around, then I'm in agreement and believe that some major changes need to take place. I refuse to waste an entire season of football complaining about something that i have entirely no say I . So on that note let's go Broncos tonight, and Jags on Thursday!

The only thing wrong with is that there is a huge difference between hoping your team wins and expecting them to play poorly. Of course I want them to win every single game, everyone else on this board wants them to, too. Why else would be on a message board for jaguars fans, all we're saying is that based on what we've seen so far this year, it's statistically nearly impossible for us to turn it around and make any kind of serious run at a Lombardi trophy.
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Quote:For all of you that say who cares, the season is over, etc, why do you even get on this forum then? You either still care about the team, or you have way too much time on your hands. If your still going to invest time and money into this team, why not hope like hell they figure it out and turn this season around. It sure beats being a constant Debbie downer. If the team doesn't turn it around, then I'm in agreement and believe that some major changes need to take place. I refuse to waste an entire season of football complaining about something that i have entirely no say I . So on that note let's go Broncos tonight, and Jags on Thursday!
Actually, my hope is that we got 2-14, they fire Caldwell, Gus, all the other coaches, the scouts, everyone.  That's the only way this team gets better.  Blow it up and get rid of the of losing mentality.  

Bring in proven winners.  

I do believe there is some talent on both sides of the ball, but until you bring in a decent coaching staff you'll never know what you've got until they've reached their potential.

Frankly, who knows how good/bad Bortles is with the poor coaching staff that he's been subjected to?  Caldwell has to go because he's the genius that decided Gus was good enough to bring back for another year, and that's just making things worse and contributing to Blake's regression.  

Why do people still post on here?  

It's the same reason I still wear my Jags jersey every Friday at work.  Because I'm a fan of the "team" - not the boneheaded owner, not the coaching staff, not the GM.  I wish I could be the kind of fan that jumps onboard with the Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, or one of the "winners" - but I've been a fan of the Jags since day 1.  

Now having said that, I am definitely not going to be forking out money on this garbage until Khan puts a better product on the field.  Loyalty goes both ways.  

Quote:The only thing wrong with is that there is a huge difference between hoping your team wins and expecting them to play poorly. Of course I want them to win every single game, everyone else on this board wants them to, too. Why else would be on a message board for jaguars fans, all we're saying is that based on what we've seen so far this year, it's statistically nearly impossible for us to turn it around and make any kind of serious run at a Lombardi trophy.

It's not nearly statistically impossible at all to win the division and be a playoff team. I don't know about you, but for me that'd be a welcome change, not to mention a huge step for a young team.

I...can't.

This team is done for until major changes are made and that isn't happening mid-season.

Quote:It's not nearly statistically impossible at all to win the division and be a playoff team. I don't know about you, but for me that'd be a welcome change, not to mention a huge step for a young team.

Ok, out of all the teams that have won their division in the super bowl era, how many of them have been "statically" nearly dead last in all major offensive categories, and how many of them started 2-4 and then went on to win their division?
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 10:21 PM by Jagzfanfromiowa.)

Quote:Ok, out of all the teams that have won their division in the super bowl era, how many of them have been "statically" nearly dead last in all major offensive categories, and how many of them started 2-4 and then went on to win their division?

Couldn't answer that but I do know the Chiefs started 1-5 last year before ripping off 10 in a row and then beating the Texans in the 1st round of the playoffs.