Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When do we look to draft defense?

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 09:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-22-2018, 08:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: All this is, is your opinion and nothing more.  We really wont know how good the class is untill a few years down the road.  As bad as you want to be KYjaggy, you are not on his level and especially when it comes to SPARQ and Spider Charts.  I dont think safety is all that great either, would take the last 3-4 years safety class over this one any day.  Leonard Wiliams, DeForest Buckner, Sheldon Rankins, and Jonathan Allen would of all been locks to go ahead of Vea and Hurst if all came out in the same class.  Then there are a few others that might have like Arik Armstead and Danny Shelton who came from the same school as Vea and possibly a better NT prospect.  RB isnt as strong the last few years, TE is very good as was last years. Interior online is very deep and I think the receiver class will be the position that surprises people the most.  A few underrated WR in this class.

Read the first sentence of what you wrote and then read the rest. This is all opinion based, don't take it personally. I know you are a little sore after the Tebow discussion.

RB class is possibly the best we have seen..shades of the 2014 WR class. 

Yeah I'd actually agree on Williams/Buckner/ Rankin's.  

Safety wise Minkah and Derwin are the best safety prospects over the last 4 years not named Adams and Hooker. I like the safety group.

All in all its deep at the spots we need which is great for us.

Interior
Slot CB
TE

Give me last years RB class alone over this years class any day.

I think Fitzpatrick will play corner but even if you count him a safetey there still isnt much left compared to last years safety class.  Adams and Hooker, then you had Peppers, Baker, Maye, Marcus Williams, Melifonwu, Desmond King, and Eddie Jackson who are all better prospects and will be better pros than the next tier in this draft.  2016 with Ramsey, Karl Joseph, and Keanu Neal, Bell and Bynard.  Yep, ill take that class too

I do agree with you on the slot corner though, the nickle corner might be the best we have seen in a while with guys like Duke Dawson, Darious Williams, and Darius Phillips. Interior and TE is stacked pretty good too. The corner class is pretty good all around

Messages In This Thread
When do we look to draft defense? - by Andy G - 02-21-2018, 03:59 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by knarnn - 02-21-2018, 04:57 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by JNev - 02-21-2018, 07:11 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by Jags02 - 02-21-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by Jags02 - 02-21-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by empty - 02-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Jnev - by JNev - 02-21-2018, 10:54 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by Jags02 - 02-21-2018, 10:26 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by knarnn - 02-21-2018, 11:22 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by knarnn - 02-21-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by knarnn - 02-22-2018, 12:57 PM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by empty - 02-22-2018, 02:04 AM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by Jags02 - 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM
When do we look to draft defense? - by Andy G - 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM
RE: When do we look to draft defense? - by flgatorsandjags - 02-22-2018, 08:57 PM