Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Myrick's Speed

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...since-2008

at about the 30 second mark of that video it shows that Jalen Myrick has the 5th fastest 40 time in recent years. I knew the kid was fast but WOW!! that is eye popping speed. I hope we find a way to get this kid more involved. He looked good in the limited action he got as a DB last year (albeit a small sample size). If Colvin doesn't re-sign with us do you think this kid is ready to step into the nickel role or will we have to draft a replacement?

Also I'd love to see him and Grant back there on kick offs, take your pick on which speed demon you want to take the ball up!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Myrick has tremendous speed, but was raw from a CB skills standpoint, dropping him in the draft. Although he did play well in a limited number of snaps, he likely needs another year of development before the team will rely on him in a starter-type role.

I wasn't impressed. Yes, he has speed, but I didn't see the instincts needed for the position. He appeared to lose track of his guy more times than I like.

You draft guys like that late for special teams.

He can't tackle at all. The only nickel CB currently on the roster is Patmon and he is a back up guy who can come in and play well. The Jags need 2 new corners. One for nickel and one for the outside as a backup to Bouye and Ramsey in case they go down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Myrick hasn't impressed me at all. Even with his speed. Just bc a guy has speed don't make him a return guy either. He's not built to take licks like Grant on returns.

He's just a guy for now.

(02-22-2018, 07:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Myrick hasn't impressed me at all. Even with his speed. Just bc a guy has speed don't make him a return guy either. He's not built to take licks like Grant on returns.

He's just a guy for now.

Pretty much this.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

He did block a kick, Myrick not much of a returner really