Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Cut Ivory.

(02-23-2018, 03:41 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:09 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Expect a RB drafted between rounds 3 - 5.

I doubt it unless a back like Sony Michel falls unexpectedly. More than likely you’ll see a day 3 pick used in this deep RB class. (And we don’t have a 5th)

Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see us using a draft pick on a RB. I believe a new RB will come from a crop of UDFA's that we bring in. There should be some good ones that fall through the cracks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2018, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:41 PM)knarnn Wrote: I doubt it unless a back like Sony Michel falls unexpectedly. More than likely you’ll see a day 3 pick used in this deep RB class. (And we don’t have a 5th)

Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see us using a draft pick on a RB. I believe a new RB will come from a crop of UDFA's that we bring in. There should be some good ones that fall through the cracks.

Tim Cook, already on the roster, isn't half bad.

They also have Tyler Gaffney and Brandon Wilds on the roster, but I have no clue who they are.

'02

(02-23-2018, 04:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I kind of feel like the Jaguars made their bed with Hurns when they paid him early, and now they have to sleep in it.

No team is going to trade for Hurns with his salary, and if the Jaguars were going to cut him, they'd have already done so.

I noticed some talk of him perhaps renegotiating. Well, a typical renegotiation is just about freeing up money and doesn't actually lower what the player is getting paid. They have several players, including three DLs, they can do that much with who are sure to be on the roster for a long time. The expectation when talking about Hurns renegotiating is that he'll actually take a pay cut, but you rarely ever see players willingly take a pay cut. I'd be surprised if that actually happens.

I this point I still feel like ARob, Hurns, Dede and Cole will be on the roster this year likely along with Mickens since they like him as a punt returner. 

I understand this is your opinion but the underlined is inaccurate and a total assumption.

With AROBS contract being uncertain, they could want to wait. 

If both Lee and AROB are gone why would you not want Hurns back for camp? You can always cut him after camp if he gets beat out.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 05:12 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-23-2018, 01:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That's what happens when you fumble the ball every chance you get

I think that was the most disappointing things about his tenure here.

I considered him to be a power back, and power backs typically are not fumblers.  But as you indicated, he fumbled the ball a lot here.

Not only that, it seemed he missed a lot of holes.

I don't fee thel level of contempt towards him as Jags fans do with Hugh Douglas, but Ivory clearly goes down in Jaguars annals as a disappointment.

(02-23-2018, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Cool. I feel comfortable with Fournette, Yeldon and Grant as the main trio. Of course they can always add another player if they feel like they can find an upgrade. Yeldon stepped up a lot last year between the blocking and pass catching out of the backfield.

I am in complete lockstep agreement with you here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2018, 04:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see us using a draft pick on a RB. I believe a new RB will come from a crop of UDFA's that we bring in. There should be some good ones that fall through the cracks.

They also have Tyler Gaffney and Brandon Wilds on the roster, but I have no clue who they are.
This, I don't think we draft or sign a RB.  I really like Cook and I hope he makes the roster

I don't see Hurns going anywhere unless the need the money to sign Cousins or Sitton

(02-23-2018, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:41 PM)knarnn Wrote: I doubt it unless a back like Sony Michel falls unexpectedly. More than likely you’ll see a day 3 pick used in this deep RB class. (And we don’t have a 5th)

Somehow I even doubt that happens. 

They had a nice power back from Oregon State in camp last year who wound up on the practice squad.

Tim Cook.

He looked good in preseason last year.  It wouldn't surprise me if he stuck around year and filled the void left by Ivory.

(02-23-2018, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 04:20 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

This, I don't think we draft or sign a RB.  I really like Cook and I hope he makes the roster

I don't see Hurns going anywhere unless the need the money to sign Cousins or Sitton

SItton is getting older so I hope he's not asking for bank busting money. But yeah, if it meant actually signing Cousins, then I could see Hurns dropped. When you're spending $30 mil per year on a QB, you have to do something.
'02

Now lets see Grant get more playtime.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 05:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-23-2018, 05:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This, I don't think we draft or sign a RB.  I really like Cook and I hope he makes the roster

SItton is getting older so I hope he's not asking for bank busting money. But yeah, if it meant actually signing Cousins, then I could see Hurns dropped. When you're spending $30 mil per year on a QB, you have to do something.

He got cut and he was due 8 mil this year so i think we coild get him for a 2 year 16 mil deal and i would do that

(02-23-2018, 05:30 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Now lets see Grant get more playtime.
We have to sign Grant first

Goodbye Greyworm

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 06:32 PM by NH3.)

I expected this move. 4Nette, Yeldon and Grant will be desirable in 2018. We may draft an RB but it will be in the latter rounds and he'll have to be much better than our #2 and #3 RBs.

(02-23-2018, 06:31 PM)NH3 Wrote: I expected this move. 4Nette, Yeldon and Grant will be desirable in 2018. We may draft an RB but it will be in the latter rounds and he'll have to be much better  than our #2 and #3 RBs.

NH3...

"AZANE"

(02-23-2018, 05:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 01:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: That's what happens when you fumble the ball every chance you get

I think that was the most disappointing things about his tenure here.

I considered him to be a power back, and power backs typically are not fumblers.  But as you indicated, he fumbled the ball a lot here.

I don't fee thel level of contempt towards him as Jags fans do with Hugh Douglas, but Ivory clearly goes down in Jaguars annals as a disappointment.

(02-23-2018, 02:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Cool. I feel comfortable with Fournette, Yeldon and Grant as the main trio. Of course they can always add another player if they feel like they can find an upgrade. Yeldon stepped up a lot last year between the blocking and pass catching out of the backfield.

Ivory didn't fail for lack of trying. He's just a washed up mediocre back.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-23-2018, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 05:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I think that was the most disappointing things about his tenure here.

Ivory didn't fail for lack of trying. He's just a washed up mediocre back.

To be clear, I never questioned his effort...just the lack of positive results he produced.

I never liked the ivory signing from the beginning. Giving big money contracts to RBs that had their career contract year somewhere else in the previous season is a recipe for failure.

I hope the Jaguars learned something from it.

Not disappointed with this.

I think with Fournette, Yeldon & Grant, we're in a good position going forward.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(02-23-2018, 04:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I kind of feel like the Jaguars made their bed with Hurns when they paid him early, and now they have to sleep in it.

No team is going to trade for Hurns with his salary, and if the Jaguars were going to cut him, they'd have already done so.

I noticed some talk of him perhaps renegotiating. Well, a typical renegotiation is just about freeing up money and doesn't actually lower what the player is getting paid. They have several players, including three DLs, they can do that much with who are sure to be on the roster for a long time. The expectation when talking about Hurns renegotiating is that he'll actually take a pay cut, but you rarely ever see players willingly take a pay cut. I'd be surprised if that actually happens.

I this point I still feel like ARob, Hurns, Dede and Cole will be on the roster this year likely along with Mickens since they like him as a punt returner. 

He'd (Hurns) take a pay cut if his value in free agency is less than what he's getting paid now. 

I don't think it's a slam dunk that ARob is on the roster.   $16 million for a WR is a lot of money, especially when you may need to free up some cap space for Kirk Cousins.

If the Jags let ARob go to get Cousins then they're not doing it right. Bortles and ARob is better than Cousins and no one.

For a team that clearly wants to focus on the running game, it seems I’m not nearly as comfortable with Yeldon and Grant as most here. I think This offense needs a much better #2, assuming the plan is to roll with Bortles.

(02-24-2018, 09:12 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: For a team that clearly wants to focus on the running game, it seems I’m not nearly as comfortable with Yeldon and Grant as most here. I think This offense needs a much better #2, assuming the plan is to roll with Bortles.

Every team in the league would like to have a "better #2 RB."  The question is, what do you give up to get one?  The draft pick you could spend on upgrading backup RB might better be spend upgrading the offensive line, or starting TE.   If you just pile one running back after another, what have you got?  Without an offensive line, and some WRs, and a good TE, you have nothing, no matter how many good RBs you have.  You can put Earl Campbell, Jimmy Brown, and Walter Payton back there, and they aren't going anywhere without good players around them.

I expected more from Ivory and thought he had more to give. This move I expected and feel that there is enough on the roster going into next year as well. The roster spot and money can go into another position, maybe keeping three QB's on the roster instead of two. Anyways good move for the Jags.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!