Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars actively exploring QB options per PFT

Nothing overly new to report here, I guess...

I'd still like to stick with Bortles, personally.. but I understand that this may not be the case..

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1491990
[/url]

[url=https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1491990]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 09:37 PM by knarnn.)

Quote: Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Jaguars currently are exploring their options, actively.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-options/

With the new brain trust locked up for 4 more years it looks like we are still trying to win lunch. I’m glad to know we aren’t just resting on our laurels so to speak and going with the status quo.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Rainbow 

(02-23-2018, 09:18 PM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Jaguars currently are exploring their options, actively.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...k-options/

With the new brain trust locked up for 4 more years it looks like we are still trying to win lunch. I’m glad to know we aren’t just resting on our laurels so to speak and going with the status quo.

Whatever I'll believe it when I see it
[Image: giphy.gif]

While Florio has gotten some big news right this is what's called a Florio special.

They should look at all options. Until we have a for sure guy, they should. With that said, Bortles with helm the position at least for next year.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Currently exploring their options, huh?

Way to write something that is completely vague and literally meaningless.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(02-23-2018, 11:28 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Currently exploring their options, huh?

I'm currently exploring my options.. do I stop for a McDonalds breakfast after this night shift or not.. hmm..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Florio goes into a little bit more depth in his podcast linked at the bottom of the article around the 19 minute mark. It sounds like he knows a lot more but is being careful not to compromise his source. Basically there is “tampering” going on and if they can reach an agreement with a free agent QB they deem as an upgrade, Bortles is gone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-23-2018, 11:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Florio goes into a little bit more depth in his podcast linked at the bottom of the article around the 19 minute mark. It sounds like he knows a lot more but is being careful not to compromise his source. Basically there is “tampering” going on and if they can reach an agreement with a free agent QB they deem as an upgrade, Bortles is gone.

Cool, is he Upper or StrowdCrowd? We know he's not Jungle Cat since post lacks McCarron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Does anyone that's alive and breathing not think they're exploring options? They write these articles like its something new. Blake has played great, ok and bad at different times in his 4 years here. I'd like to see Blake back but if Tom thinks they can upgrade at QB or any other position they're going to do it. Its not rocket science. I think people just like to write articles about Bad Blake cause it's the easy thing to do.

I think I'll write an article tomorrow about the Jags exploring options at QB. It will surely get some clicks and probably get posted here.

(02-23-2018, 11:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Florio goes into a little bit more depth in his podcast linked at the bottom of the article around the 19 minute mark. It sounds like he knows a lot more but is being careful not to compromise his source. Basically there is “tampering” going on and if they can reach an agreement with a free agent QB they deem as an upgrade, Bortles is gone.

Hmm... I can’t see them risking this for anyone other than Brees or Cousins.

(02-24-2018, 02:45 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Hmm... I can’t see them risking this for anyone other than Brees or Cousins.

Yeah I think it's pretty much see if Kirk wants to come here or go with Blake.

In other news, Jags exploring options on what can be done at TE to upgrade the position...and they're doing research for the draft as well.

I would've enjoyed it more if Florio posted an article about Marrone Caldwell and TC sitting on their thumbs waiting for the QB position to come to them.

(02-23-2018, 11:35 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 11:28 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Currently exploring their options, huh?

I'm currently exploring my options.. do I stop for a McDonalds breakfast after this night shift or not.. hmm..

I'd say go for KFC, but...yeah.

Why do some people take it personally and get offended at the thought of this team trying to improve at the QB position? I don't get it.

BREAKING NEWS: Jags looking to upgrade several positions and are exploring options in the 2018 draft!

We should be looking to improve the team from a variety of positions. I am okay with Bortles staying or getting a proven veteran. Blake played his butt off and all that preseason and early season crud about him being the punch line on the team is all heresay. He wasn't captain clutch but he balled when we needed it. Looked poised and eager to accomplish something when we were on. Sure we could use Tom Brady or someone we know is clutch in the 4th quarter but so can 30 other teams. Blake isn't nearly as bad as people try to sell him as.
No pain, no gain.

(02-24-2018, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why do some people take it personally and get offended at the thought of this team trying to improve at the QB position? I don't get it.

No one is offended.  They're just amused at the "breaking news!  We're exploring our options!"  

Which means basically, nothing.   Because exploring options is the front office's main job, all year long, and it involves every single position on the team.