Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars actively exploring QB options per PFT

(02-25-2018, 07:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Blake is now the 19th highest paid QB in the league.

He is also under long-term contract. This means he passed his physical examination by a medical professional.

I think the Vikings are looking at Bortles again. By contemporaneous accounts, Minnesota would have drafted him and it seems fairly clear they have yet to find a long-term answer.

Bortles is signed, sealed, and can be delivered.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-26-2018, 03:34 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 07:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Blake is now the 19th highest paid QB in the league.

He is also under long-term contract. This means he passed his physical examination by a medical professional.

I think the Vikings are looking at Bortles again. By contemporaneous accounts, Minnesota would have drafted him and it seems fairly clear they have yet to find a long-term answer.

Keep dreaming buddy. You need to get a grip on reality. Blake is our QB next year, and McCarron will be playing elsewhere.

That makes no sense at all.  We have a quarterback.  Why would we trade him away?  And what would we do for a quarterback then? 

The whole idea is we have Bortles on a very team-friendly, cap-friendly, low-risk deal. 

I think maybe you're just looking for attention by posting ridiculous stuff.

Honestly, the thought that the deal made him more of a trade option did cross my mind but I can't see it happening.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

lol Never change man. Never change.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-26-2018, 06:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 03:34 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: He is also under long-term contract. This means he passed his physical examination by a medical professional.

That makes no sense at all.  We have a quarterback.  Why would we trade him away?  And what would we do for a quarterback then? 

The whole idea is we have Bortles on a very team-friendly, cap-friendly, low-risk deal. 

I think maybe you're just looking for attention by posting ridiculous stuff.

I think the extension actually makes it easier to trade Bortles if there's an upgrade that presents itself.  While it's probably a long shot that the team trades him, getting Blake's contract done in such a team friendly way through 2020 actually has the potential to make him more appealing to some teams.  Do I think there's a long line of teams jumping to get into the trade market for Bortles?  Probably not.  But, with the lack of QB talent in the league, if someone thinks he's worth a flyer, it woudln't shock me to see the team make a move, especially if they suddenly have a realistic shot at landing a guy like Cousins.  Again, I don't think it's going to happen, but you just never know.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]